Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ok so my gf just sent me a calendar invite coincidentally, so this is what I received

No Siri thing at the top of this one, I’m not sure what determines that as I’ve had it come up sometimes but not all. I hit the ‘Yes’ button which has confirmed it on her side, but nothing appears on my side for it. If I hit that ICS attachment it’s going to add an entry on my calendar, but it’ll be greyed out and I won’t be able to fully accept it until I’m at a computer. Which is fine but annoying.

Have I missed a step?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ok so my gf just sent me a calendar invite coincidentally, so this is what I received

No Siri thing at the top of this one, I’m not sure what determines that as I’ve had it come up sometimes but not all. I hit the ‘Yes’ button which has confirmed it on her side, but nothing appears on my side for it. If I hit that ICS attachment it’s going to add an entry on my calendar, but it’ll be greyed out and I won’t be able to fully accept it until I’m at a computer. Which is fine but annoying.

Have I missed a step?

Make sure your Google account with the calendar entry you marked as "Yes" in the e-mail is setup to sync in iOS Settings > Calendar > Accounts with Calendars marked to Sync:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That’s the point though, I don’t have* a Google account to sync with. It’s my girlfriend who uses a Pixel who sends invites to my iCloud account.

* I mean I do, but I don’t have it linked to my phone and it’s not where she sends the invite, it’s a spam box.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm afraid I've hit my troubleshooting limit with this one, unfortunately - Could be a Google issue, could be an Apple issue.

I do know responding to GCal invites with a response using a GCal calendar synced within iOS will display the calendar and attendance correctly throughout iOS apps, though.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 8, 2024

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, *something* changed on one of their ends that affects iOS but not MacOS. Maybe one day it’ll be fixed but who knows. Thanks for providing feedback though!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Anecdotally as an ignorant user it certainly feels like something changed in how google and apple talk to each other. I had to turn off pulling contacts from google because all of a sudden it was flooding my contacts list with literally every email account that sent me something on that account. poo poo like customer service bots and shipping confirmations from do not reply email addresses.

It was easy enough to fix but goddamn that was an unpleasant surprise. No idea what they changed, but it certainly had an impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Cross-posting from the Mac thread:

Any recommendations for a non-subscription iPad app to make 2D layouts? My primary need is to be able to keep things to scale according to my measurements. Here’s an example of what I want to convert to raster form and have correct scaled dimensions:

e: Mac thread recommended TouchDraw, which has both an iPad and a Mac version! :waycool:

Peteyfoot fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 12, 2024