Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I can't believe how good Acompli is. Goodbye OWA.app. I just wish it had more granular options for 'focus' content than just the sender address. Unless I'm missing something? I'm sad that it's free, though. It makes it feel like we're on the clock as far as it's useful life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Muji of all places does a really great ambient white-noise sleep app.

From what I'm told, Rev is supposed to be the best OBD2 app, but at $40 I've never gotten around to trying it out. I use DashCommand and it's worked for me.

ephori fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 23, 2014

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
A ton of podcasters are not organized and have awkward silences that have nothing to do with normal pacing of speech. Those silences are straight-up bad production, with nothing to do with the rhythm of conversation. That said-- those podcasts may still have redeeming value beyond their amateur production, and Overcast helps that a lot, and the best part is it's selectable on a per-podcast basis.

Uhh Yeah Dude? No way I'd use smartspeed.

Gruber's Talk Show? Definitely smartspeed.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
People who have interesting things to say and people who are good at editing podcasts are not always the same people.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
The best interface for kids shows is Netflix in kids-mode on an iPad paired with a Chromecast on the TV. My boy just turned three yesterday and he's had that setup figured out for months now. So simple. I tried to copy that setup with Plex and a special 'Kids' library for him to watch our local content, and it's close but not quite as smooth as Netflix.

Figuring out what you want to watch on the iPad and then just hitting one button at the end to see it on the TV just seems such a natural way to go about it.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Anybody know of an app that can export the call logs? I've found a bunch but they all require local backups, I can't seem to find any that can do it from the phone. I'd like to get a CSV of my call history. Is that even possible?

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
So, apparently Popcorn Time is now available for iOS, installable without a jailbreak, but not via the App Store. How does this work?

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
That makes sense. I was trying to figure out what black magic was happening here.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Patronage in Overcast is how Marco is laundering the payola he's getting for pulling Peace

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Are there any music-playing apps that'll show song lyrics on the carplay screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I also drive with passengers