Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I bought my wife an Ipad 4, it's her first iOS device. We have a windows server with a ton of videos on it and she'd like to watch them with her new ipad.

What's the best app for this? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

TheJoker138 posted:

Air Video HD.

Thanks. Hmm, so any app i want to do this with, i'll have to install something on my windows server to transcode the video?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

porktree posted:

Pretty much. And as someone that really liked Air Video HD and used it for ages I urge you to check out Plex.

Guess i'll check out both, thanks!

That's really weird though, on my Nexus Tablet, i don't need to transcode anything. Wonder why there's such a technical limitation.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Riven posted:

Did you just buy it? Because brand new ones are almost certainly being announced this week.

Yeah, i bought it on sale for $299, so i can't complain. I figure the $100 price cut is in response to the new ipads coming out soon.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Smoot posted:

There isn't actually a limitation, there are several apps that will decode on-device. I use It's Playing to stream videos from my NAS's Samba share.

Cool thanks. I notice that XBMC is available, but you need a jailbroken device, that sucks. Wonder why they aren't allowed on the app store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Is there an app that saves your current iphone settings so I can view later? I’m having Bluetooth issues with my headphones and it was suggested that I do a full settings reset but I don’t want to forget what my settings are later. I’ve done the network settings reset already and that didn’t help unfortunately.