Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Walked posted:

Is there any keyboard yet that's just the stock one basically but with the representative case (lower/upper) rather than all caps all the time?

iKeywi is now on the App store. Probably as close as you'll get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You also can't use Siri without at least a Wi-Fi connection, so that's right out on iPod Touch 5.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If the app decides to work right, the Apple Store is offering Camera+ for free.

Note that it's the Apple Store app, and not the App Store app. It's a seperate app.

It's US only (word is, you can change your region to get it), iPhone/iPod only (can't get it on your iPad), and iOS 8 only (you should be able to get it using iTunes, to save for when you update).

If you don't have the Apple Store app installed, open the App Store on your iPhone, then search for and install Apple Store.

Once that's done, open Apple Store, tap on Stores at the bottom of the screen, and scroll down a little. You'll see the Camera+ icon. Tap the text below it, then tap the green Download now for free bar at the bottom of the screen.

This will give you a popup saying you're going to the App Store. Tap continue. The App Store will open, and the code will already be filled in. Tap Redeem in the top right corner to install Camera+.

Of course, it's at this point you have to hope it works. A lot of people (myself included) have been getting codes that say they've already been redeemed. I can't get it to generate a new code, or accept the one it gave me, no matter what internet advice I've tried.

Good luck!

(And if you already own the app, I'll be happy to take your code. Maybe that will work for me...)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Camera+ code:

T9JXLNKJK6TJ

Also says redeemed. The downside of trying to get a code when you're not Plat. Ah well. Thanks for trying, and congratulations to whoever got it. :)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

monkeytennis posted:

When I tap on store it just takes me to the nearest store (I'm a UK user currently in Turkey). No icon to be seen anywhere...any clues?

You don't have these buttons at the bottom?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

monkeytennis posted:

Yes but when I click IT I get taken to the website for my nearest store.

Weird... OH! I think I know. Tap it, and when it shows your nearest store, scroll down. The Camera+ thing should be below that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

monkeytennis posted:

It just shows what workshops are running at that store, no icons for any apps!

OK, try killing both the App Store and Apple Store (double tap Home, and swipe them away), then go into Settings > Services > Privacy > Location Services and turn off Location Services for the Apple Store and try again.

Also, if you're not on iOS 8, then you'll need to redeem the code through iTunes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm always too slow to get the codes. :sigh:

Ah well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

spongeworthy posted:

Can't message you, give me a way to contact.

Edit: Got it! Thanks!

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 27, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

Google Play has a much better system for this sort of situation. After you buy an app, the "buy" button turns into a "refund" button for 15 minutes. You can essentially return the app if you don't like it, as long as it's within that 15 minute window. I think it's fantastic and I really wish Apple would do something similar.

I don't have a problem with developers charging for apps and upgrades -- they have to earn a living after all, and most apps are really cheap. That said, I do wish there was some sort of trial system in the App Store.

Google increased the Refund Window to 2 hours earlier this year.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hmm... I go to Disney a lot, and now that Starbucks has partnered with Disney, adding shops to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT, I might just have to stop in and grab cards when I visit...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

randyest posted:

How often do you "go to Disney" (and why) and is that world or land? Do you work there or something?

It's Walt Disney World. I go multiple times a year. We're Annual Passholders, and it's just a 2 hour drive away. We were just down there last weekend, doing volunteer work at the finish line of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Does Buffer post to your Google+ account? The description makes it seem like it does, but a review I read said it only posts to Google+ Pages, and not your profile...

Bottom Liner posted:

That's the best event they put on. Ran it last year and got engaged at the finish line, woohoo!

Congratulations!

We started volunteering this year with the Marathon Weekend. This was the last one for the year, and it was fun!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Depends. Can it show Pressure, too?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

YOU'RE the one responsible for setting those up! I've been using them with IFTTT since this summer. Thanks for setting them up!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AFAIK, MXTube is still available on Cydia, provided you're jailbroken, of course. And even though it says iOS 6 & & support, it's working fine for me on iOS 8.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Runtastic PRO is free for I don't know how long.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chome Remote Desktop is now on iOS. I use it on my Nexus 7 from time to time, and it works great.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

porktree posted:

Is anyone using http://www.myphonedesktop.com/ - I'm coming off using an Android phone for 6 months and the only thing I'll miss (other than the frequent reboots and inability to answer 2 out of 5 calls) is Pushbullet letting me handle sms messages from my desktop. I'm on Windows 7. I was ready to grab myphonedesktop but the reviews leave me uncertain. OR, if there's a better way to do this I want to know.

You know that Pushbullet is on iOS too, right?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

He can't use it to handle SMS from his computer, though. Pushbullet on iOS only pushes things to your phone and then from your phone to other things, but it's not as open as the Android variant.

Oh. I have both Android and iOS devices, so I didn't know that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

bobfather posted:

It has been out for the iPhone for some time, but the new update for iOS adds iPad support.

It also adds Mac support, Facebook sign in, and Universal Copy/Paste.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

Oh that sounds amazing. My mind is filling with ways to combine that with Activator.

If you're jailbroken, you might wanna check out BerryC8. It lets you put up to 8 apps on your lockscreen.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

~Coxy posted:

Google Calendar has no Month view. Day 1 Delete.

edit: to be exact, it has "Agenda", Day, and 3-Day.

VVV I'm just glad I'm not the only one who uses Month.

Yeah, for some reason, Google's being really loving stupid about this. Month View only works on Tablets, not Phones. Not even on Android phones.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Anyone else getting weird spam pop ups in the imgur app?

I'm talking like actual iOS notification style popups.

E: pocketgur

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you're using that over the official imgur app?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Re: Official imgur App: Well, if no uploads is the big thing, that's fine for me, personally, as I never upload from mobile anyway. I always do that from my desktop.

But it's good to know. If I ever change my mind, I'll try to remember to just grab the Awful App. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

dexter6 posted:

My favorite weather / podcast app is Dashlane

You keep making jokes about Dashlane, but they've partnered with SwiftKey. Who's laughing now? Everyone

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If I'm understanding how it works, you can use Portal (made by the Pushbullet team) to send the PDF to your phone, then open it in your PDF reader from there.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone made an app to help colorblind people see things like most people do.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Popular Android Twitter app Fenix now has a free iOS Beta test going on

https://twitter.com/fenix_app/status/1047535857253736448

https://testflight.apple.com/join/poQA1Iml

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fenix for iOS is now out of beta.
https://twitter.com/fenix_app/status/1068175603071881216

It's $2.99, on sale for launch. Available for iPhone and iPad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

Is this any good? What does it offer that TweetBot doesn't?

Fenix and Flamingo are the top Twitters apps for Android. I never used TweetBot, so I can't compare, sorry.