Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Selklubber posted:

While we're on music apps, what's the best app from playing music stored on the phone? I tried the built-in app and groove but they don't work so well.

I like CarTunes for when I'm driving around. I don't have to look at my phone when driving and can simply swipe left or right to change the songs. It also works for me when I'm not driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone here have problems with the Gmail app not showing notifications for unread emails? I've been having that happen more frequently that normal since the iOS 8 update.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Grabbed the 37AM code. Thanks!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Disappointing Pie posted:

I used Pocket Casts for ages but switched to Overcast and I love it. It even has a web app that stays synced with your apps.

Holy crap I didn't even know this and I've been using Overcast for a while. This is amazing. I just wish the app had chapter support and would display the entire description.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Wow this app is cool as hell but I have no idea how I'm going to use it.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Anyone here using the Chrome Remote Desktop app? It keeps asking my iPad to enter the pin every time I connect to a computer even though I click the "don't ask again" option. I changed the pin to something I can remember but it's still annoying to have to input it every time.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Does anyone else use Dashlane? Does it work for Gmail? I turned off the For some reason it wont automatically log in and it's kind of annoying to have to open the app and copy/paste the thing especially since I have to bounce around a couple different email addresses. I think the app should just automatically log in for me or at least let me copy/paste the thing from the browser extension.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

What's the name of that app that deletes the stuff in the Other section of your phone?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Has anyone used Duet display before? How is it?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I ended up buying it last night because it said the sale would end that day (it didn't) but it's pretty cool. I could see it being useful on the road.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I'm using this IFTTT recipe to send me an email every time a post with certain search terms shows up but for some reason I keep seeing a Trigger Timeout Error on the recipe page. It's still sending me an email every time something new comes up, but I want to know what's the deal with that error.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

A friend told me he uses Dashlane.

He didn't understand why I started laughing like a maniac.

I use it. :shepface:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

flosofl posted:

As always, Nilay shows what a class act he is.

I hope all that Comcast money can help assuage the angst he feels.

I should really find a new site and podcast to listen to. Any recommendations for a podcast similar to the Vergecast?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

101 posted:

I assume since you're in the iOS Apps thread you don't mind if they're Apple focused:

Connected
Accidental Tech Podcast

I was hoping for something that covers all of tech news, but I'll check those out.

Kaizoku posted:

This a hundred times. Having never heard Vergecast, though, I can tell you it's nothing like Vergecast.
I'll check it out anyways, looks cool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Did Facebook get rid of the Most Recent feed on the app or did they move it (again)?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Ugh. I kind of get why they want to get rid of it but gently caress them.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Have you guys ever played SimCity on your phone! Thats a battery drainer.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

VLC wifi sync is my favorite and I kinda wish iTunes worked that way.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

My only problem with the sleep apps is that it takes me forever to fall asleep and then when I'm finally about to fall asleep, I forget to turn on the app.

Guess I could just leave the app on...

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Does 1Blocker block ads in pages that are opens in apps like Twitter or FB?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I'm so bummed the Breaking News app is done. It was the best news app on iOS. I'm trying the NY Times app but they've sent me a clickbait news alert about Trump and I hate that poo poo.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

bobfather posted:

Version 6 of the Windows client doesn't need DropBox installed. It looks pretty and works fine, but is missing major features of the version 4 client, and it also doesn't seem to sync automatically very well.

Ok so it's definitely not just me then who's having sync issues. Is there a fix for it?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I just use Dropbox to upload my photos but the only thing with that is that you have to have the app open or have it running in the background which stops after like two minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Someone tell me if there's a better thread to ask this. Does anyone here use Outlook iOS and Gmail? I have a couple of one specific Gmail account that has trouble syncing with Outlook. It doesn't want to load my emails but my contacts and calendars are syncing just fine. My other Gmail account is syncing just fine, but this one doesn't want to sync. I have IMAP enabled on both accounts and 2 Factor is enabled on both so I have no idea what it is.