Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That’s not how it’s supposed to work OP. It does the things just fine for me and most people.

Edit: oh, there was another page. OP you should restart your phone and car head unit. The latter can usually be done by holding down the “power/mute” button for your radio.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It's been working fine for me as of a day or so ago. I'll try and remember to follow up when my next package ships.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I paid for it a million years ago I think. What is their plan to make money here? “Free to use” is a bit of a red flag these days.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Is there any sort of Dash like solution for the iPad out there? They apparently used to have a version but it got shelved a bit ago.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wouldn’t imagine there is a whole lot you could do, sounds like a Google problem. Does it also happen when you use the browser to search stuff instead of the app?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Be advised they may getting wise to the India route. My BiL wasn’t able to get that working recently even with a fresh account and me walking him through it on a screen share. Mine is up later this year so I’ll get to find out myself pretty soon.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The dictation feature is really good and is all done locally on your phone these days. You do you but I’d give it a shot.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’d be interested to hear about that to as my plan is to pull in some people when I re-up.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

1Password rules and the quick access tool alone is worth the cost of admission. If you’re a real pervert the CLI tool is also very good and lets you get really stupid in a hurry. Also it’s great for stuff other than passwords like identities and credit cards and so on. It’s super continent to just pull up one of the kid’s SSNs or our health insurance info and so on; not to mention the centralization and syncing of 2FA codes as well.

Naturally this presents an extremely tempting attack surface but they have been on their game so far and do require complex passwords and proper 2FA for account creation and access.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Did they ever make it so the NFC ones worked with iPhones/iOS 1P? I think I have one lying around doing nothing.

We need more wearable NFC keys. I had a livestrong type bracelet in college that had a tiny USB stick inside you could use to boot into a Linux distro. They handed them out as one of the intro CS courses so everyone had easy access to a Linux instance and it kicked so much rear end.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

FCKGW posted:

No joke, yes.

Apple builds experiences that work beautifully for 80% of people but if you really want things to work outside that target demo things fall apart very quickly.

Good luck!

In terms of iOS at least. MacOS is still pretty customizable and lets you get pretty stupid if you want. Not to Linux levels of course but [FreeBSD joke here].

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Settings/General/iPhone Storage/Last Used Date

Oh that’s pretty slick, I should go through and cull a bit myself.

Edit: this doesn’t seem to be quite right. There are apps I know for a fact I’ve used more recently than some of these others at the bottom of the list, but it’s still a good place to start.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 27, 2024

Warbird
May 23, 2012

My dudes have you heard of RSS

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I recently found a fun app that generates a fake email account and makes a feed out of newsletter articles you feed to it via said email account.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sorry, by "app" I meant "self hosted service": https://github.com/leafac/kill-the-newsletter

They do have a standalone version you can use but I forget what the restrictions there are: https://kill-the-newsletter.com/

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Swing by the Awful app thread. We have shortcuts for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That was me and yes you did.