Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

smoobles posted:

What's the best password manager to sync login info between iPhone and Google Chrome on PC? I don't use iPhone but need to help my mom out, she's writing her passwords in a Word document. 😭

I see there's an iCloud Passwords extension for Chrome but all the reviews say it's poo poo.

1Password is the only non-Apple mom-safe solution imo

All the others are either a little too complex/jank, or have proven themselves unable to secure your poo poo (looking at you, LastPass)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Peteyfoot posted:

Any recommendations for a manga reading app on iPad?

I agree Panels is best for your local files.

If you’re comfortable with either trying to grab a TestFlight spot from their Discord, or sideloading the GitHub .ipa through AltStore, Aidoku is the best way to interface with manga reading websites.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Question Mark Mound posted:

Do any of the parcel tracking apps let me get update notifications without requiring a subscription? Happy to pay a one off fee but I’m pretty sick of everything being subscription services now.

I swear someone asked the same question before and I typed the same response but of all the things that require a subscription something like Parcel makes the most sense and I don’t believe you could do it sustainably for a one time fee. Or you sacrifice privacy with something like Shop.

The dev will have API fees to pay to the providers that offer that, and have to perform and maintain scraping for the hundreds of global providers that don’t.