Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

weather underground

It's a little bigger than it needs to be, but it's by far the least bad option right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

tuyop posted:

Here are my settings, try copying these?

This makes it stay logged in and touchID always work for using the Safari extension, but it looks like starting/switching to the app still makes you use the PIN instead of touchID. :(

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

tuyop posted:

Do you have remember password clicked on the login screen?

Tried it both enabling remember password on the login screen and in the settings, and I've never seen the TouchID prompt anywhere but the Safari extension. It's pretty disappointing, since I'd be comfortable having the app save my LP master password with biometric access, but not with a simple 4 digit PIN. :sigh:

Edit: just browsed around on the LP forums, and according to a post by a LP dev, this is actively being worked on, so I guess we just need to wait a bit.

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 21, 2014

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Dumb stab in the dark, but maybe they had to figure out how to link the tokenized transactions with the Amazon user account so they can track purchases or something. This seems like it should be stupidly simple, but I don't know anything about the backend systems here so maybe it's not!

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Scroll down on the stores page.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Also have the logout time set really short, since it still prefers the PIN over touchID while logged in.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Yo guys LastPass just updated and now you can use TouchID for pretty much everything :haw:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Took 43F7 from the lower left, thanks!

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I love OneDrive, particularly because I have unlimited storage space on it. :unsmigghh:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

The only problem I have with the new Waze app are that the report icons are tiny and the roads get too narrow at speeds above 40mph. Everything else is a direct improvement for my uses.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They can add it as a new section of iTunes.app :getin:

:suicide:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Counterpoint: Bing has been utter poo poo whenever I've tried to find a specific piece of information. DuckDuckGo is good, tho.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Yeah I'm aware of that arrangement, but there has to be some sort of relevance sorting they do because DDG gets me results pretty close to Google, and Bing's always leave me scratching my head in befuddlement.

This may be specific to the searches I've tried on both, though!

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Waze is good but it gives absolutely the worst possible directions for my commute, but I fortunately figured out how to make it stop defaulting to doing that every day. Also it's really slow to figure out what direction you're driving for some reason? Still worth it for the benefits, tho. I pretty much don't drive anywhere now without Waze running.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Michael Scott posted:

^^^ How did you make it do what you want?

To stop auto-routing my commute every morning/afternoon? You have to log on to your account at waze.com (on a computer, I can't find any way to log in from the mobile site, and requesting the desktop version in Safari doesn't work), click the little gear next to your user name, and then uncheck "allow auto-suggestions for destinations" under personal details. It's the ONLY real setting on the website, and also the only one not in the app for some incomprehensible reason.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

baram. posted:

don't use lastpass

Counterpoint: LastPass is good

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Asslane

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Outlook

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I don't need a budgeting app, and just use Mint to track financial activity and make sure I'm not doing anything too crazy.

If you actually need something to track budgeting rather than just give you a current snapshot and some trends, YNAB is better.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

So is there a functionally equivalent to LastPass replacement (including cloud syncing) that doesn't require local installation privileges on Windows (Chrome extension from the Chrome web store only)?

Dashlane, True Key, RoboForm, and 1password do require local installs. The only one I'm seeing on the web store that I've even heard of is bitwarden. Is that any good? It's open source, but seems to not have that many users, so I'm a little gunshy on it. There's also keeper which I've never heard anyone ever mention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Keepass is 100% out, I'm not at all willing to put up with the level of hassle it requires.