Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
So I just updated to iOS 11 on my iPad the other day. I'm guessing there's no way to get the contents of my App Store wish list back?

WTF Apple...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

bobfather posted:

App shopper and never look back.

I guess that works going forward, but I'm mostly upset at having to redo some of the research that went into building the list. I suppose I should've done some research before updating. Looks like I could restore a backup that was still on iOS 10, write down the list, then re-update to 11...yikes. I'm baffled by the decision to trash the wish list.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
FTL, if you haven't already played the poo poo out of it on a lap/desktop

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

bobfather posted:

And I mean, the only other competitor collects and monetizes pretty much all data from phone users. So if Apple are creepy, you’d surely want to swear off all Alphabet product use!

I'm sure Apple is collecting a ton of user data for ML/AI features (e.g. Photos related features), Maps stuff as well as for Apple's ad network for personalized ads. Better than Googs in that regard I'm sure, but also a lot of similarities.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Demon_Corsair posted:

Is there anyway to get the iPad keyboard into the iPhone? Because coming from android and having an iPad, the shift to the iPhone was like stepping back in time. How does your flagship product have such a dog poo poo keyboard?

You can download Gboard and set it as your primary keyboard. Still not as good as it is on Android but significantly better than the stock iPhone keyboard IMO. I had the same reaction as you after getting a 15PM.