Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Man getting an ipad after years of android is loving rough. Are their any decent keyboards? I've been using swiftkey for years but it doesn't seem to have many features on IOS. Seems like the default IOS keyboard is the only one that can split?

Also lol at apps like tinder with the crazy zoom. Is that a pretty big issue with ipads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

What is the go to torrent app?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Skeezy posted:

Obsidian is for nerds.

I say that respectfully.

Speaking of obsidian, I'm trying to set it up on multiple devices without paying for their sync.

The lack of access to the file system is hurting me coming from android.

Is there a way to link two folders together so I can point the obsidian directory at the dropbox folder that will be syncing those files?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Grassy Knowles posted:

I keep my vaults on iCloud, but it required making them on iOS then adding them on desktop. Idk if that still needs to be danced through

Is icloud usable on Android and windows?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Warbird posted:

I’m half ready to go off down the rabbit hole of Linux iCloud syncing in a Docker container to get Osidian playing nice on mobile but hopefully the syncthing plays nice and saves me the trouble. Outside of mobile just tossing it onto a network drive is laughably easy.

Got any links to start this rabbit hole?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

After switching to iPhone after years on android I’m genuinely impressed by how terrible CarPlay is.

Is it supposed to just be a pretty facade that doesn’t do anything? I’ve tried both Spotify and pocketcasts now and you can’t go pick a podcast or playlist and hit play. You can see everything just fine, but when you pick a podcast or song you get a grey screen and nothing plays.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

What is everyone’s go to timer app? I still can’t get over how bad the default app is.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Dancing Peasant posted:

I use the default timer app. What's bad about it? (no really i honestly don't know, i just use it for ... timer things)

I find it super annoying, the list doesn’t sort by anything useful like duration or most used, and the feedback when you start an alarm is non existent, so I either start nothing or 2 or 3 because I can’t tell if I actually hit the button.

I guess it’s good that the timer is one of my top three complaints after switching from android a couple months ago.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

kri kri posted:

For peeps looking for an iptv app, I have been liking https://www.uhfapp.com/

I have been using iptvx but its been pretty buggy, and its a yearly sub vs uhf has a lifetime option. Also, if youd like an iptv recommendation I have a solid option I have been using for a couple years now.

Ohhh UHF app. Not how I parsed that at first.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Is there anyway to get the iPad keyboard into the iPhone? Because coming from android and having an iPad, the shift to the iPhone was like stepping back in time. How does your flagship product have such a dog poo poo keyboard?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Corb3t posted:

Apple should just throw Android users a bone and have a setting that puts numbers above the letters without having to swift keyboards.

What’s so strange to me is that is how he iPad keyboard works. Numbers and symbols.

At least put a punctuation key on the main keyboard.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

I have a very strange new problem. If anyone sends me an instagram link, so far in WhatsApp or iMessage, I get to see a fraction of a second of the video and then it switches to a different video.

Normally just go back to messaging app and click again and it usually works, but now I’ve got a link that refuses to open and I get a different video every time.

Very very strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

My parents always find the strangest problems. They have two iPads, both using the same mail accounts. As far as I can tell all the settings are identical. Yet one iPad can only receive emails and not send them.

The error I see is strange, as it says the user name or password is incorrect for email@smtp.domain.net. Not sure why the smtp is added in like that.

Edit: also big lol that the new outlook (on windows) no longer supports accounts where the log in name is different from the email address. It’s been a fun morning of email tech support.

Demon_Corsair fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 24, 2024