Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Where's my SA smilie keyboard app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The Dave posted:

Pokeyman is actually working on it believe it or not.

I believe it. You have no idea how bad I have been waiting for that news.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

The next update from this thread better be about an SA smilie keyboard being released or I'm going to gently caress poo poo up.

ftfy

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

dazjw posted:

Mind explaining what's better? Is it that the OS' addressbook app launches straight to apple maps or is there something else? google maps has contact search in its search-suggestions if you give it permission now, although it's a bit rudimentary.

You can just say "Hey Siri, give me directions to dazjw's house" and it routes you. If you have relationships setup for contacts it's handy too. "Hey Siri, give me directions to my mom's house" and presto.

Maps has come a long way. For long trips I still check Apple Maps and Google Maps though. Every once in a while I get a weird route that has me get off the interstate and onto a surface road for a few miles and then back on the same interstate.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

DOWNLOAD is reserved for things you've already 'purchased.'

Get is fine and way better than Receive you goddamn sperg.

"Hey man did you get that new weather app?"

"Hey man did you receive that new weather app?"

Makes perfect sense when you look at it like that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I get what you're saying. The whole thing is dumb. Free is still best tag for those because that spot has always been for the price. They felt they had to change and went with the best option.

What I really want to know is what the best FREE GET app is for 3 hour EDM mixes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Does anyone know if the iPad and iPhone versions of Kingdom Rush Origins sync saves across devices? In the last version of Kingdom Rush they didn't, much to my disappointment. I wonder if they've fixed it this time around?

If they're universal apps and use iCloud syncs, they should.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'll definitely give it a whirl. Between the streaming, Match features, and the revamped radio stations with unlimited skips, $15 a month for myself and the mrs is a pretty good deal.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

lol. Maybe see if you can buy an iTunes gift card with it?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Feenix posted:

I guess since Apple Watch can just pass through iPhone notifications I'm going about this in a way I don't need to.
Let's try it simpler.

Any free or very inexpensive apps that will send me score updates for the Seahawks? I don't need it to be some ultra sports app that does a ton of poo poo. I just want Seahawks game score notifications as close to realtime as is reasonable to expect.

Thank you.

Get the ESPN app, set the Seahawks as your favorite team, and disable notifications for everything else.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm balls deep in the Apple ecosystem, so yeah. I mean, they both work fine so whatever tickles your pickle.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I think you can do that with an iCloud calendar too.

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2690?locale=en_US

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

withak posted:

:lol: @ digg.com in the year 2019

The digg app hasn't been updated in 3 years :laffo:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I've only seen app clips at Exxon/Mobil gas stations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Chin Strap posted:

So am I right that I can't set it up for my kid to have a kids account on her iPad where I can manage it from my Android phone? Is it possible to use it managed with just the one apple device?

You can get Jamf Now for free on up to 3 devices. You can manage apps and all the parental controls over the web.