Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm checking out Skype for iPad on someone's behalf. Does it definitely do push notifications correctly, like when someone's trying to call you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, I've had nothing but problems with notifications on Skype on iOS. Sometimes it lets me know someone has messaged/tried to call, sometimes it doesn't, and it NEVER shows badges even with them turned on.

Well, I used the new version on my phone for about 10 seconds and it managed to drain over 20% of my battery in the background that day, so I uninstalled it. Skype is a POS on the mac too though. "There's got to be a better way!"

edit: Basically, I'm trying to help an old lady make some international calls with her mother in Switzerland or some poo poo and video calls with her sons. The only computer she has ever owned is a 2006 iMac-- don't know whether it's G5 or Core Duo-- which would work except Skype EOLed all the clients available on the most recent OS it can run.

brap fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 11, 2014

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I archived a bunch of gmail messages in Mail on iPhone and they're not getting archived on the Mac or on the gmail site. Anyone know what that's about? I definitely remember that working.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have issues with video calling after updating to the latest Hangouts? When I finally updated I got a problem where the other person's video would go black after being in a call for a second, and they wouldn't be able to see me. Happening on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 on all the latest software. It's working on my MacBook Pro in Chrome, though.

Since the update has been out for a month without amendment, there must not be any showstopper bugs affecting huge numbers of people. But I have no idea.