Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I wish the Gmail app let you turn off the vibration part of the new mail alert or customize it all. It seems like the only choice within the app is notifications On or Off.

I turned off the "show on lock screen" option in notification center to at least minimize the annoying vibrate but that just prevents the blurbs on the lock (it still makes the sound/vibration).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Anyone use CarTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cartunes-music-player/id415408192?mt=8) on iOS8?

CarTunes got a lot of hype a year ago but that was also the last time the app got an update (Feb. 2013).

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Roobsa posted:

What's the best app for creating photo collages? Just for Instagram or whatever, but something with good app design would be nice.

I use PicFrame (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/picframe/id433398108?mt=8). It's a much nicer user experience than the free options like PicStitch.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Living Earth, the only weather app besides Weather Underground itself that uses the WU API, is on sale by about 65% for the holidays.

E: drat apparently that sale ended today. I'm still gonna pick it up because it's gonna look great on my 6+ I just know it

Yahoo Weather is the best weather app and it uses WU.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I feel like a loving poor person using switches to turn off my lights now...

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

ShoogaSlim posted:

I'm looking for an app (ideally with a web/desktop client that I can use on my work MacBook) that's a little more precisely focused on creating new and managing finished tasks to ramp up my productivity.

Any recommendations?

I did this same search over the summer and ended up settling on Todoist (https://en.todoist.com/). It has a web app, desktop client, app, all that stuff plus its simple and clean. I use evernote to do complicated stuff and todoist is for daily task management.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Millions posted:

Workflow seems awesome on paper but I guess I'm not the intended power-user. The one useful thing I could come up with is a workflow that automatically adds calendar events when I homebrew, depending on how long I want to ferment the particular beer/when I need to bottle it/when it's drinkable. Super niche, and probably not worth the cost of the app, but there is a lot of potential.

I made a thing on workflow that takes any reminder in the default reminders app and pushes it to my todoist inbox. this way I can add a todoist item via siri, which for some reason you can't configure siri to do automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Lol I hate that poo poo as well. Also, the first time I played Rap Caviar it was a music video like a full fledged video playing in the app. Come on.