Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anyone else on 16.0.2 using Spark as their email client have notifications disappear quickly and the badge icon either not display the correct number of unread emails or not display at all?

What's weird is this didn't happen during the 16 betas at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

101 posted:

I moved off Gmail to Fastmail and switched back to Apple Mail with iOS 16 (and am eagerly awaiting Ventura for better search on Mac) so this doesn't really affect me:

Spark has now paywalled some basic features, and all non-premium emails have 'Sent with Spark' under the signature.

I guess they were missing out on a lot of potential income only charging enterprise and team customers. It's also now available on Windows.

I don't begrudge any company moving to subscription models, but it sucks to have an app auto-update and put features you previously had access to behind a paywall. The usual good faith way to do it is to give existing customers the features they already had beforehand…
Welp :smith:

I checked out Fastmail but it starts at $3/month and I've already got enough things I'm paying for monthly and don't want another one. Guess I'll keep using the free version of Spark until I find it to be completely unusable.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If Mail.app did Gmail push, I'd just use that, but alas.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's the best iOS piano app? More specifically, looking for an app that's just a keyboard and emulates a grand piano sound.

I got Reason Compact yesterday and it's pretty cool for basic on the go synth experimentation and similar to what I'd be looking for, but it has no piano sounds, or at least not free ones from what I could find. I'd be willing to pay for a good piano app provided it's not too expensive.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Did you try Gargeband?
lmao, poo poo, for whatever reason it didn't even occur to me that I could use GarageBand :doh:

I'll try that first since it's included for iOS devices, and if that doesn't work then I'll try this out:

j.peeba posted:

I’d take a look at Pure Piano and Pure Upright. They’re great for emulating the real thing but you can morph the sound too with an x/y pad.
Thanks for the recommendations!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I pay I think $1 or $2/month for 100GB of OneDrive storage and Microsoft just sent me an email saying that on 1/30, my plan is now going to include ad-free email with Outlook for no additional cost, so it looks like I'm switching back email apps from Spark to Outlook :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been using Tweetbot for almost a decade and count me in as another who will ditch Twitter for good if I can't use Tweetbot anymore. Trying to go through tweets in the default app is an exercise in frustration.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/TwitterDev/status/1615405842735714304

Twitter sucks rear end

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

some kinda jackal posted:

gently caress’s sake. Was going to settle in for an evening of AppleTV+ and now when I launch the TV app on my iPad I don’t see any channels, ATV+, or anything but the garbage I purchased from iTunes movie store ten years ago. Signed out of my AppleID and back in, no change. Checked my subscription status right from the app and it shows ATV+, britbox, acornTV and all the other a la carte things I’m paying for but suddenly can’t access.

Rebooted the iPad, still no love. Ugh.
It's not just you:

https://twitter.com/MacRumors/status/1616247866615566337

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been using OneNote for years and have mostly no complaints except sometimes it just straight up won't update changes between my PC and iPhone. But usually it works as intended!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Queer Grenadier posted:

Any new insight when Journal app will be released by Apple?
It's in the 17.2 betas, so whenever 17.2 gets a public release.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Does anyone else use OneNote on iOS and has it been loving up for you the last few days or is it just doing that for me? The cursor doesn't show up when it should and editing text is all hosed up. I don't know how else to say it. I'll try to enter text and it'll enter it all incorrectly, like it'll insert the text in between text I've already entered when I don't want it to and stuff like that.

I've tried closing it and re-opening the app and that doesn't seem to do anything. It seems to still work fine on my PC, but I need it to work fine on iOS too.

I copied all my notes over to Notes.app and I'll use that until it gets fixed, or maybe Notes.app will be my new permanent notes app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SaturdayKnight posted:

I don’t have a solution but my workplace tried to do a paperless thing and push everyone to OneNote and the iOS client is so insanely miserable that virtually no one continued using OneNote as all it did was generate endless support tickets for flaws inherent to the way the app works that can never be fixed unless Microsoft does something… which doesn’t look likely.

I have no idea how Microsoft managed to get the basic functionality of “sync changes back to server” so completely and utterly wrong but I swear there is like a 50/50 chance anything you put into the iOS client may or may not ever show up on your desktop.
Yeah, that's an issue I've had with it as well, which has been super annoying.

Guess I'm all in on Apple Notes now!