Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best part about the Patriots losing?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs win! 92 6.31%
Sad Brady 184 12.63%
Sad Belichick 167 11.46%
Sullen Belichick Press Conference 185 12.70%
Happy Alex Smith 106 7.28%
gently caress the Patriots 227 15.58%
gently caress New England 192 13.18%
PARMESAN BASIL HAS TO ADMIT ALEX SMITH IS THE ONE TRUE GOD 304 20.86%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Ted posted:

Would you goofs stop it about the Abdullah penalty they probably didn't know he was praying and that it was Abdullah and just went BLEEP BLORP PLAYER IS ON KNEES TIME TO THROW FLAG BOOP and that was the gist of it.

Mike Peirera said it was a botched call, but it's not the first botched call in the history of the NFL. If they try to fine him, it'll be a different story, but other than that, this kind of poo poo happens sometimes. Should've revoked the penalty somehow though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, and gently caress THE PATRIOTS gently caress DENNIS ALLEN EVERYTHING OWNS. Except for gently caress the dolphins. :sigh:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Have people been going down to one knee Tebow-style since the new (completely absurd and arbitrary) celebration rules?

I really haven't kept track, and honestly would not give one single gently caress. Honestly if everyone pulled out a cell phone like Joe Horn I'd be psyched.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I was only paying half attention since it was super early to me and I had red zone on but I think someone was flagged for going down on their knees on Sunday. Also, comparing to Tebow doesnt really work since he hasnt been in the end zone since the new rules were passed

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I was only paying half attention since it was super early to me and I had red zone on but I think someone was flagged for going down on their knees on Sunday. Also, comparing to Tebow doesnt really work since he hasnt been in the end zone since the new rules were passed

That was Deandre Hopkins on the Texans. Flagged for "going to the ground" in celebration, but he wasn't on his knees, he was laying on the ground like a dead fish or something. Supposedly something he picked up watching soccer and didn't realize it was against the rules.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
enjoying the season so far, would like to see some new teams contending this year and not in the way the chiefs competed last season

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goodell will probably fine Abdullah and say he was penalized for using Mecca as a prop

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Kirios posted:

Would you agree this team is far worse than the 2013 Patriots?

Talent wise, they're better in some areas, but this team can't hide the current coaching issues with talent, nor the depth issues with Veterans..

They've lost a generationally good O-line coach, one who could get you 5 second in the pocket with guys off the street, and replaced him with a d-bag who has no ability to get anything out of replacement-level guys, and now the one consistent strength is completely gone. Bill should have offered Scarneccia whatever he wants to come back by now.

Its atrocious to see Nate Solder, a guy who for years has been at least good on the line, standing alone or getting suddenly blown by on every other play without even touching the rusher. That screams coaching problem to me. He didn't suddenly just forget how to block at all.

What concerns me more? I don't see Patricia, who is useless, or McDaniels, or Bill, attempting to fix ANYTHING on the sidelines. They all just stare and mutter things on the field every time we get a camera view of them. Its like they're totally disconnected or apathetic at what's going on. When this team was rolling, any time they hosed up, the players, coaches, all of them were huddled up trying to figure it out. Now its blank stares and no one working with each other, like all the chemistry is gone.

Either they fix the O-line, change the play sets to be a power-run team to set up the pass, and the D plays like it should, or they're going to get blown out at home by Cinci in back to back prime-time games. I don't know if Bill and Brady can overcome all the self-inflicted wounds, but ya'll know Patriots bullshit so watch them win by 20 on Sunday night and we can all do this dance again the week after

We do get stronger at CB with Browner and a kid who looked like an actual receiver in Brian Tyms back this week, so that's something.

StarcraftM fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 30, 2014

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I'm still mad that Abdullah even got penalized in the first place. What is a rule like that even supposed to do?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Force players to act like they've been there before, obviously.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So when do flex rules begin? Kc and sf should be the night game this week.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

shiksa posted:

Have people been going down to one knee Tebow-style since the new (completely absurd and arbitrary) celebration rules?

I really haven't kept track, and honestly would not give one single gently caress. Honestly if everyone pulled out a cell phone like Joe Horn I'd be psyched.

Brandon Marshall does this:

...after literally every time he scores. I've never seen them flag it, and he's scored like 5 times this season already.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Adrian Peterson did the exact same celebration and PFT always makes a comment on how it's not penalized.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

defiantgiant posted:

Brandon Marshall does this:

...after literally every time he scores. I've never seen them flag it.

Does he just drop to his knees standing still? Because Abdullah slid the length of the end zone on his knees before dropping down. :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

So when do flex rules begin? Kc and sf should be the night game this week.

Week 11

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
This year it starts with Week 5.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Just a reminder Nick Collins drew a penalty for this incredibly unsportsmanlike behavior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60HpuNaLJGs

Mildly celebrating a pick six in the Super Bowl? gently caress YOU, 15 yards!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Just a reminder Nick Collins drew a penalty for this incredibly unsportsmanlike behavior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60HpuNaLJGs

Mildly celebrating a pick six in the Super Bowl? gently caress YOU, 15 yards!

Penalize all packers all the time for anything

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Penalize all black packers all the time for anything

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Atticus Finch posted:

This year it starts with Week 5.

So you're saying we could have it flexed in. Time to look at the weekly schedule.

nevermind: 12 day notice. poo poo.

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 30, 2014

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Alright Ravens fans let's play a game.

Guess how many times in this game you will see Andrew Luck complete a pass and Matt Elam like 10 yards away chasing after the guy

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It's... beautiful

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Atticus Finch posted:

It's... beautiful

I would be ok with this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Atticus Finch posted:

It's... beautiful

I don't see a way that the Panthers make it to the end of the season without falling apart though.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Alright Ravens fans let's play a game.

Guess how many times in this game you will see Andrew Luck complete a pass and Matt Elam like 10 yards away chasing after the guy

He should be more than 10 yards away from every completion, there are rules about how close the bench can be to te sidelines.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Penalizing celebrations is consistently the most ridiculous thing about the NFL to me

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Marketing New Brain posted:

He should be more than 10 yards away from every completion, there are rules about how close the bench can be to te sidelines.

Did we actually bench him??? I hope so.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
NFL admitted that he should not of been flagged for praying.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Breaky posted:

I don't see a way that the Panthers make it to the end of the season without falling apart though.

It's week 5 and they're already coming apart at the seams. Not that New Orleans or Atlanta are doing any better, and certainly not the Bucs. Its a toss up right now for who can get their poo poo together in the NFC South, but if I was a betting man I'd put that money on the Saints and Drew Brees because they're insufferable but almost unbeatable at home and have the best coach and QB in the division by a good long distance.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

From a glance it looks like there's a few divisions this year that are complete dog poo poo. I always like those.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
Someone give me the rundown on the Kyle Orton experience. I've never had the pleasure of seeing it for myself.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I remember Bledsoe going out of his way to be supportive of Brady when Brady was a 2nd year player and found himself starting.

quote:

Tom Brady gave passive high-fives to the other offensive players coming off the field — Gronk, Julian Edelman, the offensive linemen — but stayed clear of Garoppolo. Brady didn't offer him any congratulations or daps.

When they returned to the bench, McDaniels sat in between them — Brady on the bench, Garoppolo on a water cooler. The two quarterbacks didn't appear to speak. Brady watched the rest of the game silently with his arms folded, with no teammate coming within 20 feet of him.

What a dick.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/30/for-tom-brady-end-game-has-become-apparent/HkkQMtH3T6hbJMEDlJioqI/story.html

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wow tom brady is a big dumb bitch made baby, who knew

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A Pale Horse posted:

It's week 5 and they're already coming apart at the seams. Not that New Orleans or Atlanta are doing any better, and certainly not the Bucs. Its a toss up right now for who can get their poo poo together in the NFC South, but if I was a betting man I'd put that money on the Saints and Drew Brees because they're insufferable but almost unbeatable at home and have the best coach and QB in the division by a good long distance.

I hope for this but I kinda think ATL will keep it together. Our Defense is real bad and our offense is basically Brees 2 Graham with a few dinks to Cooks in there and maybe a Stills dropped pass or Colston fumble.

ATL seems like the hotter hand offensively but watching them find new ways to fail is not the worst thing to watch this year I guess. :sigh:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

A Pale Horse posted:

I'm hoping for a .500 team to advance from the NFC South at this point. The Panthers only way in it seems will be if everyone is equally terrible and we equalize on conference games.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Breaky posted:

ATL seems like the hotter hand offensively but watching them find new ways to fail is not the worst thing to watch this year I guess. :sigh:

The Atlanta Falcons experience: finding new ways to gently caress up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

davecrazy posted:

I remember Bledsoe going out of his way to be supportive of Brady when Brady was a 2nd year player and found himself starting.

What a dick.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/30/for-tom-brady-end-game-has-become-apparent/HkkQMtH3T6hbJMEDlJioqI/story.html

Good lord Brady didn't high five someone. You guys complain about manufactured drama all the time but you sure love to eat it up.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Kawalimus posted:

From a glance it looks like there's a few divisions this year that are complete dog poo poo. I always like those.

Will this be the year the Lions finally win the NFC north?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NC-17 posted:

Good lord Brady didn't high five someone. You guys complain about manufactured drama all the time but you sure love to eat it up.

Noted locker room cancer Tom Brady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

BIG BABY BRADY FORCES GAROPPOLO TO SIT ON BUCKET

• Locked thread