Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ah, the video store. Back in Northern Maine every convenience and grocery store (even appliance stores!) would have a video section run by bored teens that didn't care what you rented. This meant I got to learn about the birds & the bees from such great films as Hardbodies, Playboy's Playmate Playoffs, Stag Party and 2069: A Sex Oddyssey.

When I graduated college Netflix was starting to pick up, and it allowed me to get DVD's of stuff the local places didn't have. It's how I was able to get through AFI's 100 Greatest Films list.

caligulamprey posted:

I supplement my Netflix subscription with frequent trips to Movie Madness in Portland because Netflix for some reason flat-out refuses to stock a solid 90% of Blu-Ray reissues, especially genre titles.

Plus the place is wall-to-wall movie memorabilia and there's nothing like looking at a dress Julie Andrews wore in Sound of Music while renting Frankenhooker.
Movie Madness is totally the poo poo. When entertaining guests visiting the town for the first time, I skip Voodoo Donuts & head here. There's another couple mom & pop video stores in Portland (one in the Ladd's district IIRC) & I'm happy they are still going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread