Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
What do you want to know about MS?

As far as tuning software, tunerstudio is the best hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

some texas redneck posted:

If you buy used, make sure it's new enough to support DOCSIS 3.0.

Double check that it's worth the risk to buy used.

Providers in my town will blacklist a modem if it is tied to a delinquent account. Because of this, none of the local retailers allow you to return a modem.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I might actually have to buy candy this year.

I lived in the ghetto before and no one trick-or-treated, and the local Boys and Girl's club down the street had a carnival and haunted house for the kids.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Phone posted:

Centric C-teks, whatever Raybestos that comes with clips for pads, should be floating single-piston calipers on all 4 corners.

Nailed it!
Just did this on the Miata and the quality was great!

Don't forget the grease and a can or so of brake cleaner.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

My grandmother had dementia, she passed a couple years ago right after new years.

She would sometimes remember me and my father, but not my mom or sisters. My aunt on the other hand is 93? 94? And still as bitter and sarcastic as ever.

Studies have shown that exercising your brain can help prevent degenerative brain disorders, good thing I like logic puzzles so much.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I hosed my sister's best friend, and (as of last week) we're engaged. Things were a little rocky between my sister and I at first, but in the end she needed to grow up.

That said, my fiancé and I spent last Sunday playing coop games for 5 hours and she let me buy a car without having sold the Miata yet.

She's a keeper :dance:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Yea gently caress cork gaskets. In the Datsuns, all cork is replaced with "The Right Stuff."
RTV is just as bad, especially the orange junk.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

The Miata knows I want to get rid of it.

It just started pissing coolant on the way to work this morning while the fiancé was driving it. I go check it out, pour coolant in it, and it's coming out behind the timing cover.

This was the whole reason I bought a new water pump, not rebuilt junk!!!

:suicide:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I have learned that it takes one scotch and 1hr to fully strip the front part of a motor in a Miata just to get to the water pump.

I am also immensely pissed that I'm doing this over a failed gasket on the new pump.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

You know, I've been thinking of trading the GMC for a nice used four cylinder Camry.

Do it an we'll take it all back!

Maybe we need a goon meet intervention with IOC.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

But in the movie, Ultron will be created by Tony Stark.

Yep.

Hank Pym is Ant man and that movie isn't coming out until after the avengers. Honestly it seems Hollywood is now taking "inspiration" from the comics instead of basing the movies on them.

They'll go to poo poo soon enough.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

angryhampster posted:

Getting annoyed with this 1400-2300 shift.

Why the hell I signed up for a year of it is still a drat mystery to me. I love the new people I work with, but god I hate these hours.

I've got 3 more weeks til I've been working a similar shift for a year now, and not by choice.

Can't wait to be back on 1st shift. This requires some of the old farts to retire.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Last night I found out that the Miata has been off a tooth as long as we've owned it.

When I did the timing belt in July, I locked the cams in place since the car ran just fine. I had to replace the water pump last week (again) due to the new gasket failing, but didn't lock the cams as it was disassembled in a fit of rage.

One I got it all back together it ran like crap, I figured I was a tooth off or something... Well last night I realign all the marks and count the teeth again and the mechanical timing is right on!

Ignition timing is almost 20 degrees retarded, reset base timing, reset idle, and bam! Runs like a brand new car! This would probably explain why it pings in the hot summer months with the AC on!

I'll probably miss it when I sell it.
/sarcasm

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Today's lunch was brought to me by AMRAAM.
Celebrating 25 years of blowing poo poo up.

I'm stuffed.
Today has been a good day.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I won't be off work til 1am so my Halloween will consist of not dying on my way home from work. We bought a bunch of candy but the gf isn't home til 6:30 so it might be too late by then. Oh wells.

opengl128 posted:

This is really friggin neat

https://www.youtube.com/user/HondaVideo

press R throughout the video

quote:

It sounds like a sequential box or dct or something, and there is a bunch of low rev shifts. Nissan did it better with the 350z.
:goonsay:

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I've got just over 3 hours left on my shift, and then I'll probably go home and have a couple glasses of Knob Creek Rye with a splash of water.

God my mouth is watering just thinking about it...

I'm also super excited that Leffe Brown is back in stock!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

CreppyMonkey posted:

all i actually know about AI is that meatpimp is an impossibly bad poster
:laffo:

• Locked thread