Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

T-Square posted:

I'm near Oconomowoc. I did Grattan once, the first year I started track riding. I'd like to do it again now that I'm a much faster and smoother rider. Blackhawk's a fun track, but it's basically the only track we race year in, year out, so sometimes it gets a little old. Being completely flat doesn't really help its case. Gingerman was kind-of fun, but it isn't very bike-friendly. The two seams that split the racing surface into 3rds can really unsettle the bike. Although when we rode it, it was an open track day for cars and bikes. No one showed up to ride bikes, so my dad and I had the track completely to ourselves.

I've only done blackhawk in the rain and I can see how it can be boring when you do it over and over. However, I thought it was a lot of fun in the rain, but its run-off sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Doccers posted:

I learned recently that a guy I worked with at IBM was busted for... well...

http://www.red-alerts.com/victimles...ith-6-year-old/

he just stopped showing up at work one day, At the time we were told he "had an accident" and quit work.

I googled his name to see what he got for it.
2nd result
http://www.amazon.com/review/R32JF6YUYC1GXN

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Viggen posted:

Thanks. After reading GBS for a couple hours - NOW I feel filthy.

It is the new version, which tells you how to work your sex offender status into your negging.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

slip proof stairs posted:

My SO really really wants a Mini Cooper to replace her ragged-as-hell MB C240. Are there any major issues with mid-late 2000's hardtop base Coopers that I should know about? The biggest anecdotes I see around the internet are power steering pump failure and timing chain issues.

I've heard of a lot of problems, especially with the automatics.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

goatse guy posted:

Considering that 95% of the trolling and shitposting on that forum is done by the mods, it would be pretty hard to get banned. Whenever someone makes a poo poo post, they turn it into a trolling free-for-all. The mods even went as far as to make a fake account and facebook page to catfish one of the members.

CSB never sends me dicksnaps anymore. :smith:

This isn't the mn subaru site is it?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Cat Terrist posted:

Actually, that part about not knowing? Not true. That's part of the horror of dementia, you are actually a lot more aware of how much your mind is going than is commonly portrayed. It's all part of the cloud of confusion and anxiety you are enveloped in. And in amongst that is how the mind will flick from year to year so one day you think you are in 1965 and you are wondering why you are in a room with a body you don't remember with people you dont recognise and it's all like a nightmare but you cant wake up.... but there's also a part that knows you are not in 1965 and is struggling to get you back in the present and is screaming to come back.

I've said this before but after working with dementia patients.... I *wish* it was sit back and descend into a fog of forgetfulness. When you really understand what is going on, it is absolute pure nightmare fuel, because that is exactly what patients experience. You are confused, your brain is actively trying to gently caress you up and GG I'd rather have rear end cancer. I dont know any dememtia carers that dont support assisted suicide and for good reason, dementia is a hosed up way to go out.
2 of my grandparents had Alzheimers (and 1 other died early of cancer), so yeah, scary as hell. My grandmother lived in denial for years after getting the diagnosis until she got to far gone. She was a college educated Chemist in an era when women were supposed to be housewives, and she just couldn't comprehend it. She lived another 20 years. It was terrible to watch a strong, intellegent woman lose the ability to walk and even eat.
My grandfather (other side of the family) got the diagnosis and started a decline, but had the "luck" of getting sick after a few years and refused treatments.

This is why my mom, breast caner survivor gives all her money to Alzhiemer's research. Way more terrifying.

Cat Terrist posted:

Just plain staying active, both mentally and physically helps. Those stories about people just declining at a horrible rate after they retire? True and it's because they stop being active. The body and brain were never designed to sit and veg out.
Eh, my grandfather went to work (he was a professor at a university) until the dementia got so bad he'd get lost on the way home (he biked and was in a small enough town the police and fire departments knew him and where he lived, thank god).

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Daw, feed it and let it go.

Fix it first.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

goatse guy posted:

I'm going out tonight, what should I drink? I usually order some snotty craft beer or an old fashioned.

Am I sufficiently cute enough for him to risk the possibility that I'm completely insane? We'll find out.
Manhatten. Made with rye like god intended.
If they serve it on the rocks rather than up, insult the bartender and leave.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

goatse guy posted:

I'm going to Grumpy's and I'm not sure if I have that much faith in their bartenders.

Its been years, but beer probably then.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

goatse guy posted:

nm, the bartender put ice in my manhattan. :sigh:

My date is lame but the bar is playing Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat and the Descendents so I think I'll be okay.

You missed where I said beer when you named the location. Get more drunk, maybe he will get interesting.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

goatse guy posted:

Everything Sux is my album of choice.

I've drank enough to try karaoke. This guy isn't awful, he just doesn't like cars. :sigh:

Unfortunately, all my Minneapolis friends I'm still in contact with who like cars are married, gay, or women. They're also almost all lawyers, which sure is a downside (on the upside, they're very friendly with alcohol).

nm
Jan 28, 2008

goatse guy posted:

nm, I don't think I could ever date an attorney, because my dad is like the Saul Goodman of patent law and it put me off of attorneys forever.
But Saul Goodman is interesting and patent law is boring as gently caress?
Also, no one should date lawyers.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Ey esse im in Los Angeles :nyd:

Ive been ere a total of one hour and the freeways are more befitting a European open wheel tournament. Ive been past two serious accidents, one jeep cherokee that changed his mind and ramped a concrete median a 60, 3 actual legit motorcycle gangs, and passed by two sportbikes on each side of me doing a buck twenty with a brand new Corvette hauling rear end chasing them.

THEY EAT THEIR WEAK

Now imagine doing it in the civic.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Dude Ive got a brand new rental focus and was averaging 85 and people were cutting me off like I was doing 45 in a winebago. My Civic would not survive.

There is a guy I see all the time on the 10 in a pretty beat looking CVCC civic. I dunno how he fits his balls in that car.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Tommychu posted:

Hell, I bought an oldballs Lenovo T500 6 months ago for $200 and put a 120GB Samsung 840 in it, poo poo is fantastic. So good that when my mom needed a new computer I did exactly the same thing (but with a T400).

Lenovo apparently ran out of disc HDs (1.8") that work in my computer because when mine died under warranty, they replaced it with a same size SSD (256GB like 2 years ago). loving score, that was like a $400 HD back then. The speed improvement is amazing.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Anphear posted:

The coffee is terrible. I literally put up with caffeine withdrawal headaches for 3 days to not drink this poo poo.

You are going to the wrong places. The US is pretty much dominating 3rd wave coffee right now. There's a whole coffee thread in gws that cab help.
That said, flat whites are milky as hell.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

meatpimp posted:

Don't become a lawyer.

Truth. But really don't become a family lawyer.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

MrChips posted:

I've always been told that unless you have the marks to get into one of the top five law schools (in the US and/or Canada at least), don't bother because you're gonna end up in a soul-sucking family law practice, fighting over which of Billy-Bob or Bobby-Sue gets the double-wide and the Camaro.

Those people just make more. They're not less miserable.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

goatse guy posted:

My date for tonight showed up in a 1989 560SEL with 29k miles on it.

I'd marry him, and I'm straight.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Bucephalus posted:

Plot twist: he bought it new. :corsair:

Even better, then he's probably rich.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

goatse guy posted:

You might actually know him because he autocrossed with us.

I was thinking that and racking my brain as to who I knew with a sweet old benz.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

It wasn't my friend being fired :unsmith:

Just someone else's friend.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

What's a good, free image program that will let me add the time-stamps to pictures so I can print them with that information? Need to fight a ticket tomorrow.

You probably shouldn't modify photos you're using as evidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CreppyMonkey posted:

all i actually know about AI is that meatpimp is an impossibly bad poster

Go buy an RX-7. Then you shall know AI.

• Locked thread