Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Cat Terrist posted:

Nah, I just farted. I fart new car smell.

My farts smell like propane. And propane accessories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

CornHolio posted:

Sorry about the late-night cat snapchats guys, I can't help myself.

Im up at strange rear end hours with work, so any one is welcome to snapchat the poo poo out of me.

In other news, Mediacom had issues with their back end systems on their network. I called up and said that my end was fine, that if I can access their local pages, that my equipment is fine and its their end. So what do they do? They gently caress with my router/cable modem and then none of my devices will connect to the router any more.

Tech support :downs: Well, you have to many devices connected to the router.
Myself :argh: I am pretty sure every thing worked fine before, it was fine until you guys reset my router or what ever.
:downs: Well, sir, 3 devices is to many
:argh: I have 5 devices on the router and it never had an issues, 2 phones, 2 tablets and 1 laptop. That should hardly give an issues seeing how theres only 2 or 3 in use at any given time.
:downs: Well, you need less devices.
:argh: Fine, just turn off the wifi, I will go find my router out of storage.
:downs: Using external routers is against the terms of service sir.
:argh: Then ill run really long extension cords. Bye

I hate not having an actual phone. Angrily pushing end call on a smart phone doesn't bring the satisfaction of slamming a phone on the receiver.

Secondly: WRTG54 - Its having a few issues with keeping connections.... Update firmware?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
WRTG54 V 6

It was an old router I have had from way back when. I know I should buy a new one but I am cheap.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Did some digging, and found that changing the MTU to auto, it should fix the issues.

So I did that and no connection issues so far. I know that I need to just buy a new router. Maybe before my free prime is over I'll jump on buying a new router. What do all the cool kids use these days thats 50 bucks and under?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Negromancer posted:

Do you need an actual router or just a WiFi AP? If you just need a AP, these are pretty loving awesome for the price. Much better coverage than your standard consumer grade AP and you can link a few of them together if you need more range.

You know that might not be a bad unit.

I can use my janky rear end server to do all the routing functions seeing how its always on, then just buy a cheap switch to do anything else.

kastein posted:

They are loving retards, there is no "maximum devices" and it certainly isn't single digits. That idiot really ought to be driving taxis or cleaning public toilets or something.

I don't really put blame on the tech, these guys mostly have scripts. But when I say, I can access the mediacom web page, because thats part of the INTRA-net and the INTER-net it means my poo poo works fine. He should have known to just check and see if there was an outage. I ended up calling them later last evening and found out they were having a DNS issue on their end.

Mediacom called today and asked if we would like a new cable modem/router. I said just mail it to me, and I will set it up. Problem is they took away all the administrator functions unless you have their passwords and poo poo. I may just end up springing for a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem and say gently caress it and own my own poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
From what I have been reading, it seems like pretty much any thing Motorola is the best.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

CharlesM posted:

Anecdotally, according to a lot of different forum users, some cars tend to run bad on those fancy types of plugs.

Rover V8s love basic Champion plugs. Nothing like changing your plugs for a whopping 10 bucks.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Stalks of celery for every one.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Well you and viggen are far enough away. Just sayin

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Why must life tempt me with cheap land rovers?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Why the gently caress haven't I used ratcheting crimpers in all the automotive wiring?

gently caress yes, crimps that stay together.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Because the people here are far more sane than e/n people....

Is it normal to not hate an ex but still think they are a lovely person? I don't sit around and bad mouth my ex all day every day. Nor do i bring it up in conversation. But I don't care for her either and still think she's a bitch.

Is that normal or am I a poo poo person? Its just a thought I was rolling around in my head.

Edit: I should say that I do forgive them for the most part. Still mad she made off with a few of my favorite t shirts (they were pretty stained up college shirts). I do pity her to a point that her mom rules her life.... But meh. I guess its just a thought I have had in my head. More or less a get off the chest and see what others thought.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 7, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Thanks for the ex chat! I know a person one day mentioned her and asked if we ever talked. I said not really but shes not a person that I really ever want to talk to. They asked why I said flat out shes just a bitch is all. That's when they said oh well its not good to be hung up on her like that.

I didn't think I was hung up, just didn't want to talk to her and I think shes a bitch. In all fairness though, there are a few people that I think are asshats and don't care to talk to again either, so does that make it wrong?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
More train snap chats y/n?

I'm struggling with my own life right now. Feel like I need to do something.... Bigger but I don't know what

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

Bigger, schmigger. Just concentrate on trying to be happy.

I know I know. Its just I have hit a stale point in life.

But the real question is... More train snap chats?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

N is for Nipples posted:

I don't know how to into snapchat but I'd love to snapchat with you nerds.

Brokenknucklez on snapchat. I'll send snap chats at strange rear end hours. Because you know... Trains run 24x7

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Tomarse posted:

This thread just took a turn for the depressing!

Its this time of year. Days getting shorter, colder weather, etc. I known I have been feeling kinda sad lately. Just need to readjust.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Goober Peas posted:

Ugh...not only did Little Caesars give me bad flavors and indigestion, but they also gave me nightmares.

Poop city?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

rscott posted:

sometimes part of helping yourself is burning all your bridges

This is truth. Get away from the poo poo that's causing the issues.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4706539895.html

Taking bets on how long this lasts before it pukes random parts. Beater 7=best 7

Edit: pretty much came up with the best idea. Red neck bmw.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 11, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

gently caress it, just do what I do and spam everyone. Hope y'all enjoy dogs!

Your dog is awesome. Keep em coming.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Partially blame the weather. Also look at your thyroid, just to be sure.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
It's just beef and heavy fiber that makes me water cannon through my butthole.

Heading to hf tomorrow and getting that 44" tool cabinet. Can't wait to get rid of this lovely craftsman tool box. gently caress that thing.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Nothing like a 12 hour day and slamming back beer with wings. Yes I know its only BWW but god drat, life is pretty good right now.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I just stay the gently caress out of peoples lives and relationships. I have enough of my own bullshit to deal with I don't need to be meddling. I mean its lovely but I'm sure there's other things involved.

Unless there was physical abuse involved... Then it might be time to get involved.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Go to sleep for 12 hours and I feel like I awoke in the twilight zone. :catstare:

But rhynos friends are still lovely :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Kastein defies the laws of physics too.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
God damnit. I really need to stop engaging morons on Facebook. Along with Birthers, Tea Partiers, and POST THIS OR YOU WILL DIE TOMORROW the Ebola fearing crowd is about the worst.

Yes, all 6 (if even that) people that are infected with the ebola is going to cause a massive outbreak, even though the flu, rabies and other viruses kill far more people and are already wide spread. Its not like the ebola isn't spread through the air. It is spread through intimate contact (how the nurses in Dallas were infected by touching bodily fluids and not following proper hazmat procedures) :rolleyes:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Holy gently caress. A real tool box is the most amazing thing in the world. I am so glad to be rid of this lovely rear end craftsman box. But I only bought the bottom and I am still using the craftsman top. But I figure in time I can replace the top and get the side cabinet.

The only reason I bought the this over the HF model 41" is this had a life time warranty, and double ball slides bearing on the top shelf and triple ball bearing slides for the bottom shelf.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

What did you buy?

Its on my Facebook page. Master force from Menard's, its amazing. I known it's no Matco or Snap On but its also 1/3 the cost.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

Neat. Good stuff, semi terrible store.

It is semi terrible but for 350, I can't complain. Its built extremely well, I can expand it to get a top shelf then a side box. Right now the thing is so god drat big I won't fill it any time soon.

I do have the money to pay it in full but with any purchase over 299 I can enjoy 6 months no interest. I already will allot money to pay it off quick but its nice not to deplete my savings in one swoop. I get paid in a week anyways so I'll go in and pay it in store.

I did buy an electric impact gun as well, but it did not live up to expectations, so its going back.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Devyl posted:

After 5 years, she said she needs to have her own space for a while. She's been gone for 5 days now. I hate this because I know how it ends 99.99% of the time.

:sigh:

Dang. Between STR and all the break ups this fall has been a rough few months for AI...

We all need to go out and buy a new heap to wrench on.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Just saw this as well! Congrats!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I hope people enjoyed the snap of the gauges on a big AC locomotive (4400 HP v16 prime mover)

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

T1g4h posted:

Wait, what? I'm missing out on something cool here apparently! What's your username? :v:

Its my sa user name brokenknucklez

Some of them are pretty lame but others are cool. I can only snap after we are dead on hours of service so its strange times.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 18, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

BUY THE FUCKER.

Or get a Rover.

A P38 Range Rover is the best idea.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

God drat. That's brilliant. God those wheels are loving ugly though. Rest of the truck is fairly cool. Once I have fixed all the PO bullshit my classic is getting better!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

Is there alcohol in it? Yes?

That's my favorite.

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm multifuel. If it burns, pour the fucker down the hatch.

These 2 have the right mindset. I drink beer mostly, but I do love a Manhattan. Its loving amazing if you can get it done correctly.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Figured out how to make YouTube link to my Tivo system from Mediacom. Its now lazy rear end mode because I don't feel 100% and I can watch MST3K. Plus I am just beat, been up since 7pm yesterday, work at 0040 off duty at 1040 and not showing to go back till 5 am tomorrow. I am not doing poo poo!

I have just lost all motivation, but next time I get home I really need to get some fluids changed on the Rover and prep the Jag to go into winter storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

nm, the bartender put ice in my manhattan. :sigh:

My date is lame but the bar is playing Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat and the Descendents so I think I'll be okay.

Was this the one you had high hopes for?

• Locked thread