Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That joke is never going to get old ever not in a million years ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Viggen posted:

Already? drat.

So, I put Bosch Platinum +4s in the '96 Ford 4.0 V6. I noticed a plug wire was pretty loose when attached- feels like it broke in the boot somewhere, so I replaced it with another one I had.

No! bad viggen! get those out of there, they don't belong in an engine.

These are the bosch +4s that came out of my 540

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are a couple people on my block who go so god drat far overboard with storebought decorations for every holiday, it just looks like a landfill on the front lawn.

gently caress halloween. gently caress christmas. gently caress easter. gently caress thanksgiving.

At this point christmas is loving up 20% of the year.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

the spyder posted:

Oh god my eyes. Do not drink and weld. You will spend the rest of the evening cursing the one time you forgot to nod the helmet down.

Or if you're using the lookaway method, at some point you'll look away when you're not welding, then turn and look just as you start.

We've always referred to this as "chinese welding". When searching google image search with the term "chinese welding" for visual accompaniment, i..just...what?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

Because you forgot how terrible the world is outside our little bubble of kick-rear end.

The thread itself isn't all together terrible. The incident being discussed is.

Jules Bianchi crashed into a loader that was out retrieving Adrian Sutil's car from another crash.

Pictures and news are trickling out and they don't tell a positive story.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tomarse posted:

I'm sure someone in this thread originally recommended 'next car game' on steam?

The latest update gave it online multiplayer and it is great fun! - 18 player destruction derby :)

Is anybody else playing it?

I'm not touching it until it's loving done. it's sad to see early access game after early access game "released" completely unfinished while the dev starts another kickstarter for their next piece of poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

So you bought Spacebase DF-9 too, huh?

No, i've been following planetary annihilation waiting for the release.

They "released" it completely unfinished and janky as hell, and have started the bullshit circle again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

So worthless shitheap of unreadable dribble then?

No, a knockoff of that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kastein posted:

The moment I am getting too far gone from dementia or alzheimers is the moment I tell my family I am sorry, but it is better if things end how they are and they don't have to financially support me turning into a vegetable living a nightmare. I would rather go out still mentally aware and leave everyone remembering how I was than put myself or anyone else through that horror for years.

Let's go skydiving one last time, you can keep the parachute. Bye now! :wave:

My paternal grandfather had dementia and alzheimers and it was absolutely horrible watching him disappear mentally. No way am I putting anyone else OR myself through that if I get that diagnosis.

But suicide is illegal, you could go to jail. :ohdear:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SlimManFat posted:

One of my dream builds:

1969 Lincoln Continental 4 door
Ratty faded black primer paint
Cragar Smoothies or some wire spoke wheels
Low. not scraping low, but low.
7.3 Powerstroke swap
Hoodstack

How bad of a person am I?

I already bought the black lincoln(although 73 and coupe) and 7.3 powerstroke donor truck.

As for smoothies vs wire spoke. Why not both!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just saw a commercial for a prescription med that said it was "the official blood thinner of nascar"

Every time i think the US couldn't possibly be more hosed up, it finds a way to surprise me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The ICU at my local hospital has big private rooms with heavy soundproof glass doors and a tv on the wall, which is dumb because half of the people in there are out cold anyways.

The regular hospital rooms are cramped as hell with little 9 inch CRTs that you have to pay $8/day for them to activate.

When i was stuck in there in february, the person i shared the room with pretty much had their whole extended family in there at once. and the kids were screaming and the adults were trying to talk over them. I was ready to stab somebody, but we were in the hospital already so it would just have been a waste of time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slip proof stairs posted:

Yikes, sorry to hear. I just got diagnosed a few weeks ago. I was honestly glad to figure out what was causing my problems. Previous hospital visits include perforated small bowel, intestinal obstruction, and early enteroenteric fistula formation. I'm starting an infusion drug in early November that'll kick the poo poo out of me, but hopefully also kick the poo poo out of the Crohn's. The bad news is that it's not curable, but the good news is that there are people who go into year or longer remission when they start medical treatment. I don't have the hard stats on that, but it's nice to know that it's a possibility. Anyway, welcome to the club.

I have UC and have gone through every available drug, and just started remicade this summer. Apart from solumedrol and prednisone, it's the only one that's even halfway helped.

I've only really been in remission for a month now for the first time in nearly 3 years.

UC and chron's aren't really diet related, you only really have to avoid foods that cause physical aggrivation.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

My guts are made of titanium and hatred, I can't remember the last time I had more than minor indigestion. Likewise for my immune system, when I do get sick it's for maybe a day or two at most, if it even gets that bad.

I'm probably going to keel over stone dead one day or something.

I was the same way. I had the flu once when i was like, 12, really bad food poisoning at 21. Then about 2 months before my 27th birthday i started feeling feeling flu like, went in, they did blood tests, assumed it was the flu and sent me home. It didn't get better, went back, they still figured flu. After about a month i had lost 50 pounds so they figured it was serious, did all kinds of tests, an emergency colonoscopy, and put me on the starter meds to which i was alergic and ended up spending my 27th birthday in the hospital being fed through a chest catheter. But it was nothing for a really long time, then in a day i became the most unhealthy person on the planet.

The worst part of Ulcerative colitis and chron's is how little is understood about it, both by doctors and people. There is no cure, the drugs to control it are a crapshoot. People say really dumb poo poo to you about it like "i have a friend with chrons and they're fine, why are you having so much trouble", or suggesting the diet of the day they read on some blog that claims to cure everything under the sun.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Good news and bad news

Good news: the movie "Duel" is out on bluray.
Bad news: It's only available in the $100(half price on day 1, ooooh) steven spielberg collection because movie studios are dicks.

And they wonder why people loving pirate.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

I'm not sure I'm a big enough fan of the film to go for that, but what else is in the collection?

a bunch of bullshit dinosaur and alien movies

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Steven-Spielberg-Directors-Collection-Blu-ray/107538/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

For those of you who didn't get the snap, or had your sound turned down and therefore didn't get anything useful out of it: I saw gas being sold for $2.65 today. I haven't seen it that low in, poo poo, years. A station down the road has it for $2.89, which is still incredibly cheap.

I remember when i was in grade 9, people were freaking the gently caress out because gas climbed to 46.9 a liter.

Now they're freaking the gently caress out because it dropped to 107.9

Humans are loving dumb.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't drink coffee or tea, and have even dropped energy drinks.

That's right, i stay awake au naturel, sometimes up to 12 hours a day :smug:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

Did my minute long snapchat work on anybody else's phone?

Yup.

It even made the news.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/10/18/coach-accidentally-sends-masturbation-video-to-team/17511527/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you have self control, most American meals can be 2 meals.

If you don't, hey, you just ate 4 pounds of spaghetti!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why the gently caress is HO poo poo so expensive. It seems like the kind of stuff china could stamp out for 10 cents a piece. In looking for track on alibaba, i ran across this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/16-Pcs-Diecast-4D-car-model-building-kits-in-1-87-HO-scale-suitable-for-HO/1879266980.html

:china:

And noooooooow i'm losing an entire day to alibaba.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

snap

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-x-Rainbow-Color-Turbo-Keychain-Auto-Parts-Model-Spinning-New/1952479781.html?s=p

The rotor actually spins! I wonder if it burns oil, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The princess auto store here is moving, and they have a plastic 12 volt jack. It's like a bottle jack inside a plastic housing with an electric motor that pumps it up.

I got them to set it up on the electrical bench to ttry it out and it was absolutely hilarious. It's like "schweeeeeeEEEEEEEEE *cachunk* schweeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE *cachunk*"

Even if it could get a car off the ground, it would take half an hour to do it.

• Locked thread