Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So this is weird. My wife has had four phone calls this morning asking about fake IDs. I search her number and low and behold, her phone number is listed as a contact for fake IDs. So either my wife is a burgeoning criminal mastermind (not likely) or I don't know what. The hosting according to whois.net shows a company in the UK.

This should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
In the middle of a kitchen and bath remodel/renovation. Trying to convince the wife that 'no, we don't need to hire someone to install a tile backsplash'. That said, I'm in the middle of sanding priming sanding priming sanding painting sanding painting installing hardware and mounting twenty two loving cabinet doors.

Then I still have to paint the kitchen.

Then I still have to install the back splash.

Then I have to finish skim coating the bathroom and paint the cabinet in the bathroom and install a faucet and toilet, then paint then :suicide:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hell yes.

Wife bought me some zubaz pants.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I can eat what I want and not have it come violently out of both ends, but if I so much as look at a cheeseburger my rear end gains 2 lbs. Once I hit 35, whoa nelly, did my metabolism slow down. Quitting smoking didn't help, either. Or the Monster energy drinks.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I agree 100%. She's going to screencap it for me and I'm going to send it to him and warn him to knock it the gently caress off or I tell his wife.

Nope. Stay out of it, none of your business. No matter how long you've known him or how good of friends you are with him, don't take sides (unless one is a meth trafficking child molester son or daughter of Satan, then all gloves are off).

You may think you are doing the right thing, and in actuality you are, but that is the sort of thing that can kill a relationship with one or both.

The very best course of action is to do nothing and let nature take its course. She'll find out, they always do. And if one asks if you know or knew? Feign ignorance.

There is no good that can come from it.

====================

e: on a different note, all this Ebola and enterovirus crap makes me want to sell everything I own and move the family out west away from anything and everything.

Tide fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 15, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

Nah, not letting them know seems even more hosed up.

On the surface, yeah it is.

Here the thing:
If he tells his friend, his friend may/will automatically go on the defensive and say mind your own business. Friend is now pissed. If he tells the dudes the wife, his friend will definitely be pissed because he will have shown his loyalty to dudes wife rather than him. If he tells the dudes wife and even if they reconcile the marriage, he'll still be pissed. If he doesn't say anything and friend gets caught (which he will), but it comes out he knew, the wife gets pissed. Then along with that scenario, if they reconcile, she becomes a roadblock to her and his friends relationship.

There are some things you don't get involved with, and another couples marriage is one of them. It will sort itself out in short order.

Look at it this way: hypothetically, you're married and messing around on your wife. Your buddy, who you've known however long, shows your tindr picture to your wife (whether he gave you the chance to knock it off is irrelevant). Are you really going to be happy he showed her?

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 15, 2014

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I can count the number of close friends on one hand with a finger or two left over. The rest of my rather small social circle is simply acquaintances from my kids school, work, husbands of my wife's friends, or flying club I recently joined.

I've never been one to develop those deep relationships or keep friends for very long. Doesn't help that once I feel like I'm not getting what I put into the relationship, I can walk away from it without a second thought and you basically cease to exist. That said, it used to be a source of angst or worry that i didn't out hadn't formed close friendships with anyone but i eventually just accepted that i had been somewhat of a loner my while life and it honestly didn't bother me.

My Facebook has 90 percent family on it. I used to get friend requests from people I went to school with, but I figure if we haven't spoken in 15 plus years, there's probably a reason for that.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Goober Peas posted:

Breakups and bowels

Thread title.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My mom, who is 73 and not in great health, may have to have some of her intestine taken out. Last few years have not been kind to her: three back surgeries, a couple of other hospital stays, and a pretty bad case of diverticulitis. Plus she's a two pack a day smoker. Osteoporosis, and a slew of other stuff. She's basically confined to a chair and can't do more than about 5 minutes of anything besides read, surf the web, or yell at the TV while watching fox news.

There are nights I really wish she would die peacefully in her sleep. Taking care of her has really aged my dad, who has always been in great shape.

And they are 350 miles away from me.

She's too good a person to deal with this.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

Some of you may like the latest XKCD What If? page:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/116/

Welp there went the rest of my night

• Locked thread