Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
mmmmmm, that New Thread smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CharlesM posted:

What's this?

Shameful

He's the drug dealer from Pulp Fiction.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress jobs that punish you for getting sick (unless you call in an excessive amount), like that's something you really have control over.

And yeah if you are sick don't go to work, nobody wants to be around a plague-carrier.

Every time I've called in my boss was just like "ok man, hope you feel better, later"

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

some texas redneck posted:

Last year about this time, I drove past a house with a really ugly guy spray painting halloween decor in his front yard.

Drove past a few days later... lots of decor up. Guy was building more.

A few days after that.. see a sign with a URL. Turns out this guy spends (possibly tens of) thousands every halloween to scare the poo poo out of his neighborhood, right down to chasing people (briefly anyway) with a chainsaw. :stare:

I wish he was my neighbor :saddowns:

That's awesome, do you remember what th URL was, by any chance?

Way back when I lived outside Atlanta in the '90s, there was a very wealthy neighborhood that had a cluster of about 6-8 homes that would go balls out every halloween, made the whole street look like a horror movie, with creepy sound effects and music playing throughout. One house had a gigantic fake spider that was easily 8ft in diameter attached to the second floor.

Nobody ever does that kind of elaborate stuff around here, it sucks :( I managed to get mentioned on the local rock station one halloween because I spray painted a kiddie-pool fluorescent orange with a jack-o-lantern face in black, and hung it on the side of my house with a blacklight underneath. Fuckin' small towns...

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

leica posted:

Speaking of the Playstation, I just recently downloaded Jet Moto to my PS3, bringing back memories of a simpler time when

Yeah man, I like when

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'm down to one grandparent, my dad's parents died in the 70s (lung cancer and heart attack) and my maternal grandmother passed away this year, on my birthday, of throat cancer. She refused treatment when diagnosed, preferring to live out her remaining days as able-bodied as possible. Dementia had started to set in about when she was diagnosed with the cancer, so it was really a blessing to not have to watch her go through that for long.

My grandfather will probably be around forever, he's pickled himself with liquor and his family lives forever. His father (great-grandfather) passed away last week a few days after turning 99 and he was lucid and mobile 'til the day he died. His brother is 104 and still kicking.

Incidentally, my grandfather was the Director of Texas State Parks from the early '70s until sometime in the '80s, so you can partially thank him for all the lovely parks there.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BrokenKnucklez posted:

But the real question is... More train snap chats?

Absolutely, I love seeing snaps from other peoples jobs. And sharing an unreasonable amount of snaps from mine. Seriously I feel like send out too much and will annoy people.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Goober Peas posted:

Ugh...Little Caesar's Pretzel Pizza is nothing but regret.

Imagine a regular pepperoni pizza with Cheese-Whiz mixed with tomato paste sauce, butter on the crust, and kosher salt sprinkled on it.

:barf:

I bet that poo poo tastes incredible when you are hammered.

I lived off of dumpster-found Little Caesar's for a month in college though, so maybe I'm biased.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Well, I thought I was feeling better. For less than a day.

I'd like to offer a hearty :fuckoff: to whatever the gently caress I have. Except I'm too weak.

The upside: I haven't poo poo myself today. Yet.
The downside: 103 fever :stonk: and hallucinations that are on par with large doses of LSD (this is coming from someone who's ingested enough LSD for entire countries).

Gonna do the ER bit. Have a friend on the way to drive me, no way in hell can I navigate even a parking lot right now.

drat man, hope you get well soon, 10 days is a long time to be that sick.

Also, welcome back, CommieGIR!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fart Pipe posted:

I think Im babysitting my step moms 3 legged chihuahua today so expect some tripod snaps everyone.

gently caress yeah, tripod doggies are great :3:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
It's definitely a kit-car (windshield trim style and overall windshield shape is wrong, one central mounted wiper instead of 2 crossed ones, chrome headlight ring is too large...) but it's a pretty convincing one.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 12, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Well, the ICU in this place isn't pretty. But the bed is comfortable.

I want to track down whatever keeps making ding sounds in the hall and smash it, but I'm tangled up in wires and tubes. :argh:

Jesus christ dude, what do you have? :gonk:

Glad to see you're still among the living.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

Though in gentler terms since I mean it is family

I dunno, there are more members of my family likely to get a "gently caress you, pay me" from me than friendly/free help and advice, but I guess some people don't have poo poo family members.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My guts are made of titanium and hatred, I can't remember the last time I had more than minor indigestion. Likewise for my immune system, when I do get sick it's for maybe a day or two at most, if it even gets that bad.

I'm probably going to keel over stone dead one day or something.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Out of the icu. Now I'm on a heart floor wearing an ekg machine, with blood sugar tests every hour.

Still gonna be in thrl hospital a another day or two. But at least I can shower there.

Glad to hear you are doing better, keep us updated on your progress.

My best friend has lactose intolerance and we are pretty certain also Crohn's, though the doctors haven't been able to give him a definitive diagnosis yet. It sucks, definitely wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

If any of you stomach & bowel goons want, I will send you a bottle of my custom sauce: 50 habanero/10 arbol chili/5 chipotle/5 red jalapeno. Couple of tomatoes too, I guess. Guaranteed to melt out your lovely old stomach and force you to regrow a new one! I affectionately named it Butt-Death, and it is known to clear up even the most entrenched of sinus colds.

I love to collect hot sauces, the hotter the better. Count me in for some goon-sauce :quagmire:

I used to be able to put alcohol away at a ridiculous rate, and would do so happily several times a week. Now, I don't even know how long it has been since I drank enough to even get a buzz, although I still have a decent tolerance so that doesn't help. I stick to weed, it doesn't give me hangovers and I can still get things done on it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Ugh, job poo poo is starting to get to me again. I'm still waiting to get rolling on the job they hired me for nearly 2 years ago, because they've been dicking around with a new work order system and a ton of other BS in that time, preventing me from getting started on necessary maintenance. So I've been farmed off to other departments or just left to my own devices, wandering around and fixing any random problems I come across. Now I'm starting to hear mutterings from other office people about how I'm not "showing enough enthusiasm for the job and need to be more proactive" in doing stuff. :psyduck: Like I didn't single-handedly keep Campus Support going when the main guy there bailed due to health reasons and the other transferred to a better paying position. I then trained two new employees for that department, and took it from one of the poorest performing departments to the one that gets poo poo done. I've also been the one that has gathered an absolute shitload of useful data about the campus that will make future jobs a lot easier because all the information will be right there.

And somehow I'm the lazy one. gently caress this place so much.

If I even think they are going to try to throw me under the bus I'm taking my collection of pictures of all the crumbling infrastructure/lovely repairs to people that may find it...interesting.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 14, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

savesthedayrocks posted:

Someone here brought up Yik Yak, and it is terrible. It doesn't help that when I'm on it during the day im in proximity to a high school. I fear for my kids' future.

I use it to troll the students at the college I work at, keeps me entertained.

Other than that yeah it is loving horrible and a constant reminder why humanity should be burned from the surface of this planet.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Indiana still a poo poo-hole largely full of trash people, news at 11.

Sorry, Rhyno :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

gileadexile posted:

*commits industrial espionage with terrible_robots diagram that he left on his desk*

Wait..what the hells an Interocitor?
:stare:

Lol at least you didn't get the plans for the turboencabulator.

In case anyone cares, it's actually just a map of the campus with light locations and tag numbers. I wish I got to design stuff.

E: somehow I haven't been sent a CSB dick snap, but from what I hear if he ever needs a new SA name Circus Penis might not be a bad choice.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 15, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I don't mind my 5C, but drat I wish I could get a larger capacity battery to chuck in it. I'm sitting at 1% battery charge and it isn't even 4pm yet. I have been fairly busy with the phone today, but even with mild usage I have to plug it in almost as soon as I get home at 5.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Lightbulb Out posted:

Turn off background app refresh for applications you don't use often - especially Facebook.

Shiiiit, I completely forgot about that, thanks. :downs: It's probably snapchat and yik-yak bringing down the battery life since I don't bookface, and thinking back it was around the time I installed snapchat that I started noticing the battery issue.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

mariooncrack posted:

I enjoyed those movies for what they were, cheesy action movies.

This, if you can't sit down with some beers and some friends and have a good time watching these films you are probably dead inside.

Sorry to hear about your relationship, Devyl. It's been a rough month for AI and breakups it seems.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

rscott posted:

I use the Internet jukeboxes to play anti-flag and neutral milk hotel at bars full of rednecks and bikers

Oh drat I haven't listened to Anti-Flag in years, need to rectify that.

Same with Dimmu Borgir. My music tastes have been really boring since I graduated :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo that FLIR One is the coolest thing, and would actually help me out a ton at work. Too bad it's too expensive for my budget right now.

E: congrats on the good job interview man! It's always a great feeling knowing you nailed an interview.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
For those of you who didn't get the snap, or had your sound turned down and therefore didn't get anything useful out of it: I saw gas being sold for $2.65 today. I haven't seen it that low in, poo poo, years. A station down the road has it for $2.89, which is still incredibly cheap.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I hope people enjoyed the snap of the gauges on a big AC locomotive (4400 HP v16 prime mover)

I wish I'd opened it when the phone was hooked into the car's stereo so I could have fully appreciated the noise :)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I actually like Gilbey's gin, which is nice because it is dirt cheap. Bombay is good too, but I still prefer Gilbey's. I also like Old Crow whiskey, so apparently I have the alcohol palette of a hobo.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

InitialDave posted:

I can't stand the taste of coffee at all. Never drink the stuff, ever. You're all monsters.

Agreed.

The only coffee-like substance I can stand is the cappuccinos you get at gas stations, and those are about as close to coffee as microwave dinners are to fine dining.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 18, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

meatpimp posted:

Can someone repost snapchat pictures here for us backwards peoples that just use forums?

They way snapchat works is you can only see the image for up to 10 seconds and then it disappears forever. Somebody could take screenshots and post them I suppose, I'll try and remember to upload some.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

NitroSpazzz posted:

I guess I'll take Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given them A Really Good Thumping.

That was a pretty good book.

gently caress yes it was, I need to get my copy back from my friend so I can read it again.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Man, Aramark's WebTMA asset management program sucks, it is the slowest responding piece of poo poo. Click the edit button, wait 5 seconds for it to even notice, and another 10-20 seconds for it to update the page so you can edit. Then saving your edit takes another 30 seconds, as does switching to the next asset task.

So what should be a 20 second process at most takes the better part of 2 minutes. gently caress you, Aramark.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

I'm totally gonna buy this '85 Celica GT-S because life is not fun without TERRIBLE DECISIONS.

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DOITDOITDOIT

Then you would have the best trim level for the last year of RWD and I have the best trim level for the first year of FWD.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

how many avatars has viggen gotten in the last 24hrs?

3, I think.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

The Midniter posted:

Trying to decide how I should dress for the Renaissance Festival this year, suggestions??

In the spirit of the recent Ebola hysteria, you should go as a medieval plague doctor.

InitialDave posted:

Read Oglaf for inspiration.

This is also a good option.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 22, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress the United States Postal Service

That is all

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Terrible Robot posted:

gently caress the United States Postal Service

That is all

So I guess they unfucked themselves because the package that was "undeliverable" yesterday suddenly appeared in my mailbox today.

Still, gently caress the USPS.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Any one I snap chat with has just saw the horror unfold in my life.

WHAT HAVE I DONE????!!!

first thing that popped into mind when I got the snap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bRJxNpPj6Zc#t=153

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 24, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

Slow is Fast and Terrible Robot showed up to my house while I was taking a poo poo. I had to pinch.

lololol you could have finished, we didn't mind waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

We finally got a tank for our grill after getting the grill in July, so I bought 2lbs of steak and went to town

My wife didn't eat much, so I'm going to thin slice the leftovers and make some killer sub sammiches with it.

:getin:

Oh man, that looks incredible. Literally started salivating when I saw it.

e; I'm glad this ended up at the top of the page, because that is a drat good looking piece of dead cow.

• Locked thread