Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Negromancer posted:

Do you need an actual router or just a WiFi AP? If you just need a AP, these are pretty loving awesome for the price. Much better coverage than your standard consumer grade AP and you can link a few of them together if you need more range.

The ubiquiti stuff all seems to be awesome for the price.

This summer we sold around 50 ubiquiti unifi AP's and replaced 4 old netgear managed wireless setups with their software managed setup and it is great. We used the low end standard ones rather than the pro models too. Over here they come in 3 packs that are £125 which is a proper bargain.

I now have one in my house too as I was having issues with my lovely netgear router having a low wifi signal. It is on the wall at the top of my landing facing inwards and I now have working wifi in my entire house up and down, my entire garden and garage plus a usuable signal in next door's house and garden...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I'm sure someone in this thread originally recommended 'next car game' on steam?

The latest update gave it online multiplayer and it is great fun! - 18 player destruction derby :)

Is anybody else playing it?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

T1g4h posted:

Did they fix the godawful handling? I know they completely redid the engine and it made the cars handle like absolute poo poo. It was basically impossible to get proper airtime off jumps and if you turned off assists, they either plowed through corners or spun out the instant you touched the throttle :(

I don't have a problem with the handling but I'm playing in default auto mode so have no idea what it's like without any assists.
I always go for playing driving stuff as games rather than accurate driving simulators.

Powershift posted:

I'm not touching it until it's loving done. it's sad to see early access game after early access game "released" completely unfinished while the dev starts another kickstarter for their next piece of poo poo.

I'm happy because It's finished enough to play and works perfectly for me and is really fun. I'm getting my £20 worth out of it.
I only have this and carmageddon reincarnation on early access. Carmageddon is too slow and buggy to be playable. Next car game however is working perfectly.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

T1g4h posted:

I know someone here mentioned Carmageddon Reincarnation being kinda bleh in its current state, but I'd like to point out, for today it's $18 on Steam and comes with free copies of Carmageddon 1 and 2. I picked it up just for those alone.

I mentioned it. I think its a great game and I can't wait for it to be finished! - but its really buggy and has been for the last couple of updates on my PC :(. It takes over 10 minutes to load a race, and then usually half way through that game something goes wrong with the peds and they get all glitchy and I can no longer hit them. Due to the 10 minute wait to start again I usually then quit.

and they haven't released an update since july.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

T1g4h posted:

Well, since you bought it in Early Access, check your Steam inventory. You should have a gift coupon for Carmageddon 1 and 2 at least :v:

I bought it as an initial pledger before it even became early access because I loved Carma 1 and 2 so much!

Don't get me wrong - I'm not upset about spending the money on it. I think I got my moneys worth just out of the first couple of updates (when it did work on my PC) and I'm happy that it is still a beta and it will one day work again for me - but its so frustrating.

getting new copies of 1 and 2 has sweetened it slightly.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

This thread just took a turn for the depressing!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Galler posted:

Yeah the last page or so is pretty depressing.

My job is awesome, coworkers are awesome, and pay is good but trending towards awesome. I'm on track to be able to buy a nice house in about 8 months (with 20% down). Sooner if the state decides to do its first time home buyer thing again.

Also, no significant other or children so my life is pretty stress free and most of my income is disposable.

Once you buy a house income is no longer disposable! enjoy the next 8 months while you can!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Galler posted:

Eh, I've been helping my parents with their house(s) for as long as I can remember. I know what I'm getting into.

If I somehow end up with a place like Ken I'm burning it to the ground and starting fresh, though.

If its like Ken's you wont realise its that bad until you have already got stuck in, then its like house based stockholm syndrome and you have to finish what you have started!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

October chat thread: we are all sick

I had a missed call and message from my Dr today to call him back. Saw him last Thursday and had a blood test. I'm on the NHS in the UK so if they can get the results back and the Dr himself to ring me within 2 working days it concerns me (especially when he only originally told me to come back in 2 weeks only if it kept up)

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Super Aggro Crag posted:

That's just more dishes to clean. With 4 bachelors in this house we already have the dishwasher running constantly.

How do you make so many dirty dishes? As a single bachelor i run my dishwasher once a week only because if I don't the dirty stuff in there goes moldy.

UK goons - camera van in a 70 on a dual carriage way. Will they start giving points out at 71 or upper 70's? (I think I was doing about 75).
I wasn't even deliberately speeding - they were waiting on a downhill bit - I had been carefully sitting at 30/70 all the rest of the way :(

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea Ive never tried it by itself or in any other drink so that must be why.

I somehow lived my life until last year without ever having drunk a gin and tonic. I have never drunk anything other than a cheap gin (I have a constant production line of damson gin made using the cheapest gin I can buy) and have never drunk it straight. Should I try some decent stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I had never heard of or tasted Somersby until this week when myself and a colleague discovered it in the bar of the hotel we were staying in. I was very impressed and it is now my favorite 'normal' cider.

• Locked thread