Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Here's some more bankchat:

I have Wells Fargo with a Way2Save account which for anyone who doesn't know, transfers a dollar from checking into savings every time I use my debit card. For a while it was great and allowed me to effortlessly save up a couple hundred dollars which I could then spend on frivolous bullshit (it's not my primary savings account).

Well, because girlfriends are expensive, I've been finding myself constantly transferring the balance of the Way2Save account back into checking. It got to be a hassle so I requested it be closed after I completed a transfer and it was at a zero balance. I got a response back saying "Your account will be closed in four business days." Well four business days later is today and I get a message saying "Oh, there have been further transfers into the account so we can't close it, bye."

I transferred that entire amount (something like loving $9) back into checking and said "Okay, it's back at zero balance, please close it immediately." The response I got was "Okay, we'll close it in four business days." I wrote back and said "Sorry, that's unacceptable, that would mean I'd have to go from today until Tuesday the 7th without using my debit card at all. That's unrealistic and unreasonable." Their response? "Okay, we'll close it in TWO business days."

gently caress big banks, is what I'm saying. I should really just move all of my banking to my credit union...that has exactly one branch in town, and it's not close. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

some texas redneck posted:

Nothing like waking up and having to projectile vomit.. didn't even have enough time to grab the garbage can.

I just bought this comforter too. :sigh:

Put it in the washer? My dog pissed all over my comforter when he was an untrained puppy and it came out just fine.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

drat, I feel like Superman compared to a lot of you. On any given day I could lift a million weights at the gym, drink an obscene amount, eat a family size blue box of mac and cheese with a couple andouille sausages sliced up and fried, with a metric ton of red pepper flakes, pass out and wake up the next day with no ill effects. I'm not even one of those invincible-feeling 18 year olds either, I'm 31.

I'm probably going to die young anyway.

angryhampster posted:

I love fall because I get to make tasty stuff in giant pots.

:):respek::)

Got some black bean soup in my slow cooker right now. Can't wait to see how it's going to make my apartment smell when I get home tonight.

The Midniter fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 14, 2014

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I hate missing out on all this snapchat..er...chat so people please add me: the_midniter

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

It is such a drat shame when novelty handcuffs break before you even get to use them in an amorous setting.

Luckily a set of real-deal metal ones is less than $13 on Amazon, so I'll be getting them Thursday. :getin:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

goatse guy posted:

Careful. They can leave some nasty bruises that are hard to explain.

Sound advice! Never even thought of that.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

nerds

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Trying to decide how I should dress for the Renaissance Festival this year, suggestions??

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Could you two just gently caress already and get it over with? Jesus.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

CornHolio posted:

My brother was in the ER yesterday. Passed out at work because he was dehydrated, apparently. He's alright now. Hopefully your wife ends up also alright.

How does this happen, really? I mean I know the importance of hydration and work out a lot so I'm swigging water all day, but I recognize that not everyone's like that. Still though, people have to eat and drink, so how does one let oneself get so dehydrated (outside of a desert environment or somewhere you'd expect that to happen) to the point of passing out?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Terrible Robot posted:

Posting from a mechanical room with a broken door latch. I didn't discover this until I was inside the room, so now I'm stuck in this elevator control/steam room. Honestly, I'm surprised this is the first time it's happened since I started this job. :sigh:

I think there was a scene like this in one of the Final Destination movies. Good luck.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

You look like an angry MtF tranny in this photo, it totally rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

opengl128 posted:

This is really friggin neat

https://www.youtube.com/user/HondaVideo

press R throughout the video

Thank you for posting that, it was loving awesome. I thought it'd be gimmicky but I definitely watched it to the very end.

Sockington, awesome loving costume.

• Locked thread