Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Mobil 1 gets a pretty bad rap on the Subaru forums. Maybe from guys putting in 5w20 and then thrashing the poo poo out of them.

Does a reasonably priced awd diesel car exist in Canada? My uncle is looking for something to drive from Lethbridge to Edmonton on a weekly basis. They have a Passat diesel but my cousin is using it at college. My best suggestion is to get another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I can do cat pictures.

These belong to my sister:

The one liked my shoe lace

The other liked this hair curler

and has a funny ear

This is the last of three cats my mom had, and it died recently because it was old:

And this is my grandma's cat that is awesome:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Since I started riding bikes, I've been drinking a lot less and sleep better. Maybe try going outside and getting some exercise?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

meatpimp posted:

Sleep better, yes. Drinking a beer or two after a hard ride is incomparable, though.

Unfortunately, it's getting colder here and I got my cross bike out for the first time in six months and really felt what a difference 35mm tires make on a climb. That is not a good difference.

But the beer still tasted fantastic.

Oh I still drink plenty of beer, especially after rides. But I used to hang out at the shop after hours drinking beer, helping a friend out with his stuff, going out to eat lovely food, then a few more beers at home, pretty much every day of the week.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Nice, that will probably be my next road bike. Want to buy a race wheelset and maybe a few other things for my caad 9 and ride that another year or two though. Speaking of bikes, I got a cross bike last month and had a fairly ok race last night. Not entirely sure where I finished but I think around 10th, which is better than the last two.

jamal fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 23, 2014

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

I wanna build a cross bike next. Something I can beat the poo poo out of on all terrains. as for hills? I loooove hills. Flats are fun too. but the hills are GREAT.

The cx bike is great, but I need to convert it to tubeless tires (and maybe get a set of tubulars for racing). Besides the lack of traction and lovely braking, I'm pretty much constantly trying to avoid hitting anything hard enough to get a pinch flat, and it still happens pretty often.

Also want to go single ring with a wide range cassette because the 36/46 rings and 11-25 cassette is pretty narrow.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

The obvious answer is to officiate the poo poo out of that wedding and do your best to hook up with a bridesmaid.

Magnus Praeda posted:

At the risk of sounding a bit like Bucephalus, is that Missoula?

Yes.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

People make a big deal of just driving a manual. At one of the shops I worked at our truck/tow vehicle was a 1-ton dodge diesel with the 6-speed. I liked that truck.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

No fun for me tonight, have a bike race tomorrow. I race at 2:30 and the pros aren't until 7:30 so I will have plenty of time to get drunk and heckle/cheer on the other racers once I'm done.

jamal fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Gross. Try buying something not made by molson or whatever. Tons of good stuff from BC, and Edmonton had at least one brewery (alley cat).

• Locked thread