Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Terrible Robot posted:

mmmmmm, that New Thread smell.

Nah, I just farted. I fart new car smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

Apparently our very own moderator is paying for advertising on SA - just saw this ad pop up, in this very thread.

Soooooo ......... he's about to teach us how to count?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

FFS why did I read the F1 thread in SAS?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Raluek posted:

Because you forgot how terrible the world is outside our little bubble of kick-rear end.

Yeah, the incident is pretty bad in itself buuuuut some of the "opinions" really are absurd.

Basically, F1 race control hosed up big time and let a piece of recovery equipment out on a "hot" track, cue discussion on canopys and roll cages with no idea how they work, or the fact any car hitting a tractor at 100kph is going to be seriously hosed up.

There will have to be some serious questions asked about race control.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

leica posted:

Cool, just like the Tony Stewart discussion thread!

Yeah gonna stay away from that.

I should have. Someone who should have known better threadshits yet again and away they go. FFS, this is why we cant have nice things.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Guys, I just found out about yik yak. Why is it a thing? I'm more than a year behind what the cool kids are doing with social media, is this what it's like to be in your 40s?

What the gently caress is Yik Yak?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Baller Witness Bro posted:

twitter knockoff.

So worthless shitheap of unreadable dribble then?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Powershift posted:

No, a knockoff of that.

So a "anonymous" knockoff of a worthless shitheap of unreadable dribble then?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

The word is "drivel", christ.

It's typed "verbal" diarrhea, restricted to a small text size. Thence dribble as in a dribble of warm poo poo coming out of a virtual oriface is exactly the right word :p

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Is it normal to not hate an ex but still think they are a lovely person?

Yes, it is normal. There's absolutly nothing wrong with that at all (As long as it's for the right reasons of course)

Just thinking of ex's saw the ex-wife a few weeks ago.. GG we have gone in different directions.And good Lord do we have different views about staying fit (ie, she doesnt and I do)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rancid deli meats chat - still feeling like death. Stepped on the scale a little while ago and found out I've lost close to 15 pounds, in about a week. I needed to lose that weight, but I was hoping to lose through a healthier method. Gonna hit up the doctor in a bit.

It might be Ebola.

(I kid!)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Patient 5 posted:

I have the perfect movie

Just dont go licking dead bodies.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Dementia scares me far more than cancer. At least with cancer, your mind is (usually) intact, you're just stuck watching your body fall apart. With dementia, you have little to no idea that your brain moved out and left the do not disturb sign on the door.

Actually, that part about not knowing? Not true. That's part of the horror of dementia, you are actually a lot more aware of how much your mind is going than is commonly portrayed. It's all part of the cloud of confusion and anxiety you are enveloped in. And in amongst that is how the mind will flick from year to year so one day you think you are in 1965 and you are wondering why you are in a room with a body you don't remember with people you dont recognise and it's all like a nightmare but you cant wake up.... but there's also a part that knows you are not in 1965 and is struggling to get you back in the present and is screaming to come back.

I've said this before but after working with dementia patients.... I *wish* it was sit back and descend into a fog of forgetfulness. When you really understand what is going on, it is absolute pure nightmare fuel, because that is exactly what patients experience. You are confused, your brain is actively trying to gently caress you up and GG I'd rather have rear end cancer. I dont know any dememtia carers that dont support assisted suicide and for good reason, dementia is a hosed up way to go out.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

mafoose posted:

Studies have shown that exercising your brain can help prevent degenerative brain disorders, good thing I like logic puzzles so much.

Just plain staying active, both mentally and physically helps. Those stories about people just declining at a horrible rate after they retire? True and it's because they stop being active. The body and brain were never designed to sit and veg out.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

File sharing is a mess even in Windows, outside of server environments.

What? No it's not. It's dead easy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sinestro posted:

I'm 18, so I'm almost certainly the youngest AIer.

Not even half my age :)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

So is it confirmed STR has Ebola?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Bathurst is a joke this year

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

Those who haven't seen this year's Bathurst 1000 live, make it your job to get your hands on a copy of it. Car race of the year

Agreed. But skip up to the race halt. After that it honestly goes from good to holy poo poo amazing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Great, now I've caught the lurgi from the rest of AI. At least I can see the funny side - I have the fart from hell brewing. When it lets go it is going to cause an earthquake and take out California.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

The first thing that came to mind.

Given I stay the gently caress away from anything to do with Fast and Furious.... is that a legit image from one of those movies?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

goatse guy posted:

I love Iggy Azalea, although all of the songs that she's collaborated on with other artists have been garbage.

Daer God, nothing she has done should be heard by human ears. I dont know anyone in Australia that can tolerate that poo poo for a second.

Did I actually see a TISM chat????? Holy poo poo. That was not expected. But thinking of TISM, have some Doug Anthony All Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-JfIduytVs

Paul McDermott is a genuinely great singer to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j0g2oG_w2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7uLil65us

I cant find where he did "I Kissed A Girl" - worth finding because it's brilliant.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8CqFsD1hYM

ooooh, never seen this one from McDermott.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ssjonizuka posted:

Most of the snapchat crew saw, but I'll post here anyways:

Technically unnamed, 9lb 2oz. "Little" boy was born this afternoon. Baby and momma are doing awesome. I'd forgotten they could be so little. :3: (and for reference, this is #2).

Also, Mrs. SSJOnizuka is loving amazing - no way I could hold a candle to what she has accomplished today.

Congratulations! This thread just turned out pretty good :D

More older Aussie music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZyv4VFPv4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GarvTZiESLU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

AHAHAHAHAHA who gave CSB that awesome avatar?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

goatse guy posted:

Congratulations ssjonizuka! :3:

I said that I was done dating for a while, but I met a guy on tinder who wants to take me to a dive bar, put some Vandals on the jukebox, and talk about Middle East relations. :stare: I can make an exception for that.

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

bandman posted:

I just spent 3 hours reading about this whole GamerGate farce, trying to understand the motivations behind it and what exactly their goal is, and all I learned was that there are a shitload of emotionally-stunted man-children who all need to be given wedgies.

Bunch of loving gaming idiots facing off Tumblr SJW assclowns. That's all you need to know. Meanwhile the real workd just ignores all of their poo poo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

goatse guy posted:

Everything Sux is my album of choice.

I've drank enough to try karaoke. This guy isn't awful, he just doesn't like cars. :sigh:

Easy solution. Move Australia, date KaptainBallistik. You will get a ride in a genuine PWRC car too.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

blk posted:

I have an engraved medical dog tag I need to destroy because it has my SSN and some other particulars on it. I tried hand filing but it's such a small tag that it's hard to hold and work on at the same time. Don't have a Dremel or other power tool that can sand. How would you destroy something like this with household items?

Gas Axe.

Yes I regard a gas axe as a household item. Along with several sizes of sledgehammer and duct tape

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Seriously, I think our version of 'household item' might be a bit off :haw: I'd chuck it up in a vise and go after it with my not-Dremel but I consider both of those must-haves anyway.

Weeeeeeeeeeeell....... I guess this shows my age but I can remember when vises and gas axes WERE seen as houehold items. No self respecting garage would be without either. Having a decent toolset was a rite of passage for any male.

Now? The average garage now wouldnt even have a screwdriver.

(Get the gently caress off ma lawn!!!!)

More a sign of the times that there is no need to relentlessly fix poo poo. Used to be the Saturday morning ritual of putting the car up on the blocks and fixing something - In the last three years I have fixed exactly zero on the road cars because there is simply nothing to fix. Even the maintenace is far in between even with the proper schedules. Hard to believe 35 years ago, giving a car a head job was a 10-15,000 km thing. Now, that's literally the oil change interval, not the pull the engine apart to hopefully keep it going interval. Take the heads of a car now? WTF for?????

Hell, we're now in the time when instead of cars being clapped out poo poo heaps at 50,000 kms, they are barely even hinting at trouble at 320,000km like the Forester I drive about. 320,000kms, OEM engine and pretty much everything else. It'll make 500,000kms most likely.

Not a bad thing at all TBH. Does mean we have a generation who are clueless about tools but eh, I've got better things to do than de-coking cylinder heads.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Some 200kg land whale actually said I had "Thin Privledge" today. Apart from the fact I thought that whole privledge crap was some sort of Tumblr BS, gently caress me that pissed me off. I did NOT win the genetic lottery, I DO have health issues and I am not a young man anymore. But do you think I sit on my rear end spewing about "privledge" or do I get off my loving lazy rear end and WORK OUT and goddamn earn the fact I dont need a reinforced chair??????

I dont think I have been that mad at a human for a long while. People know me, I dont have a racist thought in my head, I actualy do see men and women as equal humans, I dont give a gently caress about who you want to gently caress, hell I dont get why anyone lets themselves get ridiculously huge but eh, I just shrug and move on.... but holy poo poo does stupidity and professional victimhood piss me off. My Grandmother was landwhale sized when she died and if I sat on my rear end I would be too. gently caress IT. NO. NOT ME. Yes I know it's hard work and yes I know there's health and genetic reasons to be fat.... I know those personally. That's no excuse.

And the best thing about exercise? It makes you feel good. Best depression cure ever. Yes, that's something I know of as well. FFS, shut up about "Privledge" and maybe reassess your own loving life.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

Werent you sort of big prior to getting into cycling and Triathlons?

Yes. Prior to my father's heart attack when he was 55, I was on my way.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Viggen's new AV makes me physically ill to view.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

Instead of pizza face it'd be pizza back.

I really dont want to think about it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

(Sees Viggen on probabtion, checks rap sheet)

Huh?

(Checks custom title)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! That's awesome :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

NERD TALK

Being the huge loving comic book fag that I am, it drives me loving crazy to hear people talking about comic books like they're experts because they've seen a half dozen films and read loving wikipedia.

/NERD TALK.

I tried to look up a Wiki on Ultron to see WTF the big bad in Avengers 2 is..... holy poo poo, who are the splergelords that write that crap? Half these loving entries for comic book poo poo have more detail than bloody Obama's page and have such ridiculous details and then arguments over said details. Who the gently caress cares, gimme a good short summary without wading through piles of splerge

I've never made it a secret for my distain for comic / anime / gaming nerds but maaaaaan, this is some serious next level above that garbage. These dickheads need to get laid with a real woman.

How the hell you don't straight up gut with a blunt knife some of these wastes of oxygen is beyond me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

loving bomb squad, 10 police cars, ambulances and gently caress knows what else in the street today.

Turns out a bomb was reported, it was a bin full of chemicals, remains of a fire and a beeping fire alarm. I *really* dont know what to think.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It's all poo poo. Firefly fans are the worst.

That's just one thing in a long line of nerd things that the fans are the worst.

Firefly is perfectly decent harmless TV and even has some good points (like Christina Hendricks boobs). The fanbois and fangirls are just terrible but come on, pretty much anything that appeals to a nerdier person has a pretty loving bad fanbase. Anime especially altho I'm pretty sure that fanbase isnt nerds, it's seriously creepy mofos.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Mat_Drinks posted:

WTF Adiabatic just got probated for a post in July? I guess that's what you get for posting in GBS :)

That's so retarded. Just another reason why AI is best forum, IOC is a good mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Would I be right in my thinking that, as they couldn't probate Adiabatic for a post in AI, they just found a post somewhere else?

Would not surprise me at all.

• Locked thread