Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

I'm back on tinder, just for you guys. :v:

I didn't know searches could narrow down to goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fucknag posted:

I was at an air show yesterday. Got horribly sunburned, and now today I've got like... deep muscle aches in my arms (which got the worst of it). I also slept for like 14 hours.

How hosed am I?

Miramar?

Either way, you're hosed. Get some straitch and try to not kill yourself while bathing in aloe.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fucknag posted:

Yeah, it's one test, I know, and this professor does 1 makeup exam per semester so I can re-do it later. Just... I seem to get chains of "poo poo going well" going, and then when they break I just get pissed off to an unhealthy degree, like all the good didn't count. It's a loving head problem, I've been dealing with it all my life.

Plus, y'know, I'm 26 and still 3 years away from a bachelor's, still unemployed, still don't have my own place (for gently caress's sake, even the car is still in my mom's name, if only because insurance is cheaper that way) and it loving gets to me, and no amount of "poo poo's that bad for everyone you're not alone" ever seems to penetrate and I just end up pissed off that I'm doing so poorly.

gently caress what I wouldn't give for about an ounce of pot right now if I hadn't quite forever six years ago.

Edit: ignore me i'm just venting some pent-up frustration. I'll be better once i eat. and get some sleep.

I'm 27 with a career that I could retire from and have a check for life in another 13 years, with no degree, and not a day goes by that I don't loathe my loving life and wish poo poo was different and generally feel like a failure.

So, yeah.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Hay guys, any advice on where to put my poo poo bag whilst auto Xing my Miata?

On the hoop, with a brake light shining through it.

Sucks man, but even if it does come to that, from what I've seen they're no longer like they were even ten years ago. Much easier to conceal.

But hopefully you can get away with just meds and diet.

In other sick news, don't know what the gently caress happened but I have a goddamn ridiculous sinus cold right now. AI is now getting us sick over the internet.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

I guess hot enough to twist some dude's panties into knots.

Yours, apparently.

Is your sister an adult? If the answer is yes then it's none of your drat business either way and she can handle her own poo poo. If posting on Facebook is your version of letting something be known, then you have much larger problems. And at some point when poo poo continues to happen, despite omgdefriending people on Facebook and not talking to them, the only common denominator becomes you.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The best part about the internet jukeboxes is that you can secretly play What's Up Pussy Cat ten times in a row.

Only if you put a It's Not Unusual in the middle.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Okay nerds (kastein?) I have a problem. My stereo recently stopped working on phono.

The black connector here, with the white poo poo around it, is the connection for the record player. When plugged in, nothing. But if I pull on it a bit, magically it spins. Is this just a bad solder joint? And if so, can I simply reflow it, or do I get to do my first repair job? I can solder and braze piping, but the only electrical I've ever done was a lovely LED light a decade ago.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Viggen posted:

Pop the board off, taking note of screws. You may not have to remove the epoxy poo poo on the top, your connections likely solders on the bottom. But I'll defer to Ken (or Motty) who can say the same things with purtier two dollar whore words.

Would it hurt anything to do it in place if I can? It's a bitch to get the board out. And thanks, because I never even thought to look at the bottom. The epoxy is clearly broken off of one of the two wires, and this is a lovely picture of the soldering on the bottom.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Motronic posted:

Yep, just reflow it from the bottom.

And C1336 is dead/dying (top left electrolytic cap). While the board is off find another and replace it. And any other electrolytic that looks like that.

This is why I loving love SA. Now come help me with my two vintage radios

Thanks guys. 😚

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NitroSpazzz posted:

I guess I'll take Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given them A Really Good Thumping.

That was a pretty good book.

I'll be Really Cool People!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I hope I can meet the postcount :( I usually just lurk, since I was usually underway too much to even read SA a lot. But I guess now that I'm on shore duty I can start posting like normal people.

• Locked thread