Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The ending to Initial D was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yesssssss finally banned from mnet.

For this:

quote:

Quote:

But 98 RON is 93 R+M/2.

Tell me more about your superior German gasoline to go with your superior German adhesives found on superior German automobiles. :v

You guys don't have E85 which is basically race gas for hillbillies.

In response to some German guy going off about how Euro gas is better than American gas.

Phone fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 2, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The WRT54G is like 10 years old, buy a new router.

VVV - whatever Asus will run Tomato USB or DD WRT

Phone fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 2, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Centric C-teks, whatever Raybestos that comes with clips for pads, should be floating single-piston calipers on all 4 corners.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Mnet has devolved into just straight up conspiracy theories surrounding the ND. It's like infowars, but instead of the Jews and Obama, it's Mazda and the ND:

:tinfoil:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You can try to pry my TRD supercharger from my dead, cold hands.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm not engaging these people, it's just funny.

It's analogous to people looking at Free Republic posts, but without the racism and hatred of everyone who isn't a white man. Instead, it's just morons who speculate on their gut and who think that A/B testing has serious methodology flaws compared to baseless speculation. (note: I use to regularly read the Freep thread and it actually made me concerned for my mental well-being, so I stopped reading it)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

angryhampster posted:

I have just eaten a monumental pile of pasta.

This was me an hour ago. No regrets.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BlackMK4 posted:

edit: Nevermind

Looks like someone regrets it already.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I have a 2014 Altima rental and my god is the paint loving awful. More swirls than a soft serve machine.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Can't wait to get home and drive my buddy's 2014 Mazda3 with the 2.5L.

RIP lovely Altima with your awful CVT that rubber bands and didn't allow me to neutral drop.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Dental Dams 2.0!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
November chat thread: Everything's poo poo

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's the over/under on STR being fired for not showing up to work?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MrChips posted:

Surely I can't be the only person who thinks the Nexus 6 is just too big and too expensive? I'm eligible for an upgrade right now and I was kind of holding off to see what the 5's replacement would be, but now I'm thinking I'm just going to get a 5 instead.

I'll only buy the Nexus 6 if it has a Voight-Kampff app.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but what the gently caress is game gate.

A female video game developer broke up with her boyfriend who worked at the Gawker gaming site Kotaku. A bunch of nerds, including her ex, decided to be misogynistic assholes to her and Anita Sarkeesian under the guise of wanting to make sure that """""games journalism"""" isn't a corrupt shitshow. This is extremely germane because her one game that she's made is a free-to-play game that she released a year before ever meeting the editor at Kotaku, and she was clearly manipulating for getting a good review... on a game that he never reviewed... that's free anyways... because... reasons?

Anyways, it's difficult for a nonzero number of the population to treat women like people.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Sent off the NB parts car. Good bye you baby poo poo orange piece of poo poo.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Lol the i3 has 20" wheels with 10" rotors.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

That's the least if its worries.

Edit: To be fair, though, the 20" wheels are an option and the brakes are augmented by regenerative, right?

It looks ridiculous. There's one at the local Street Survival since it's a BMWCCA co-sponsored event. They look like those awful aggressive cartoon car drawings; all wheel, no body.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bucephalus posted:

I would love to see a Dave Deal drawing of an i3.

I found one: http://i.imgur.com/dbmKGLCl.jpg

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
syf0n?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's a good paint job/racing livery for a Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC?

I'm thinking BMW art car from the past few years, but I think doing a TOM'S knock off would be cool.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

kastein posted:

No name = no buy. Learned that lesson when a no-name that came with a case I bought proceeded to nuke a motherboard, stick of RAM, and a network card all in one go. Shot little bits of MOSFET case plastic all over when they grenaded, too.

So you're saying that you got your money's worth?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It counts as retail therapy when you get broken up with and buy a Lexus, right?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Just put an SSD into your current laptop if you bought it within the past few years.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BrokenKnucklez posted:

What kind of Lexus?

SC300. Going in with a few friends to make a Chump car.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

What kind of Lexus?

LX570.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Buy a T or X series Lenovo and buy your own SSD. It's not hard to get a 20 or 25% coupon, or you can buy second hand.

If you're using a Windows or Linux laptop, Lenovo business laptops are pretty solid. Dell makes nice hardware, but you need to make sure that you're buying a business/enterprise laptop. If you're dealing with consumer poo poo, it's a mess.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

You're a moron. Not a X or T series.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Picked up the car right down the street from the Panoz factory, trailered it home, and then immediately took it to a rallycross.

The relentless pursuit of perfection...

Phone fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 27, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BrokenKnucklez posted:

How was the rally cross in a Lexus? Did you feel like sipping tea :wotwot:

One wheel burnouts for days. The thing hauls rear end when it hooked up, was the only car over 2.5L (the rest were Subarus :v: ).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Adiabatic posted:

Mechanicsville, VA.

I think that's in the middle of loving nowhere right next to Rustburg, right? I only know it because it's on the way to Wintergreen. :kimchi:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Would anyone be interested in a Chump build out thread/general "this is what's going on in Phone's life" thread? The Miata is on the back burner because I don't particularly want to blow like another 10k on it (whenever the current motor gives up the ghost, I'm K swapping it, but that's a bit far out).

Terrible Robot posted:

If you come up to Wintergreen this winter let me know, we can grab some beers at one of the awesome breweries at the base of the mountain. Hell depending on which way you take up you'll almost drive right past my house.

I don't think I went last year, but I think I go up 501 through South Boston, Rustburg (stop for Hardee's), and up 29.

I'm down.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cool, I'll take some pictures and get an OP written up.

Adiabatic posted:

I'd subscribe to it.

Do you live in the Triangle?

I do.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Terrible Robot posted:

Posting from a mechanical room with a broken door latch. I didn't discover this until I was inside the room, so now I'm stuck in this elevator control/steam room. Honestly, I'm surprised this is the first time it's happened since I started this job. :sigh:

If you defeat all of the enemies, then the door will unlock.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
A 2010 Sym Symba isn't a bad idea, right? It's also black, so it'll fit in with the Mazda2, Miata, and SC300.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcd/4716506452.html

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

the spyder posted:

I'm looking at a 2012 Sportwagon TDI tomorrow. I feel like I need to turn in my man card or something. Quick, someone find me something for under $20k that gets 30MPG and doesn't look like a loaf of wonder bread.

2014+ Mazda3.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm a fuckin' wizard of the dark (paint) arts (buffing):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

• Locked thread