Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Try meditation. Seriously.

Or go see a shrink, therapy really helps through tough times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

T-Square posted:

Also, gently caress you Netflix, I wasn't done watching Initial D, put it back up! :argh:

God dammit I haven't finished either, that's just wrong.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MonkeyNutZ posted:

The Playstation is only 20 years old, underage drinking is a crime :colbert:

Speaking of the Playstation, I just recently downloaded Jet Moto to my PS3, bringing back memories of a simpler time when

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cool, just like the Tony Stewart discussion thread!

Yeah gonna stay away from that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus Christ, why even lie about it? Dude was a child rapist, everyone should know including coworkers.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just get yourself banned then?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ozmiander posted:

He's not actually getting a ND anyway. No worries.

Pretty sure the people that will actually buy one are nowhere near any forums and are just waiting for them to get to the loving dealer so they can just drive the drat thing already.

Why even waste time speculating when you can just WAIT and see the car in the flesh.

Fuckin Miata nerds.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I wonder who gets the oldest AI poster title, I'm 43 so I know I'm pretty drat close.

Also why can't I pull weeds at 1am without being questioned by neighbors, I'm on a late schedule because of work and like to get poo poo done at night is that wrong? They're lucky I don't break out the loving impact to rotate my drat tires :argh:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm 27 with a career that I could retire from and have a check for life in another 13 years, with no degree, and not a day goes by that I don't loathe my loving life and wish poo poo was different and generally feel like a failure.

So, yeah.

It's never too late to get into the hospitality industry :)

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm struggling with my own life right now. Feel like I need to do something.... Bigger but I don't know what

Bigger, schmigger. Just concentrate on trying to be happy.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 10, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fingerling posted:

Never get into hospitality. It eats YOUR SOUL. Seriously though, gently caress hospitality.

e: EVER

Depends where you are really. On the Gulf Coast of Florida it's where the money is.

I've been at it for awhile and I don't hate my job.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fingerling posted:

I'm pretty sure you and I work in the same industry. While not exactly hospitality, it's effectively the same 95% of the time, with the added benefit (in Australia, at least) of having a bullshit amount of screening to get, and ridiculous duties of care.

I'm 22, been doing it since I was 18 and am absolutely burned out. I feel 60, although that'a for different reasons.

This made me laugh. At 22 you have no clue what it's like to get old and have your body start failing on you. At 60 you're going to to think what you're going through now was a walk in the park.

If I could give any advice on getting old it's make drat sure you have good health insurance.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I have an Obama phone no snapchat for me :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Found out I have Crohn's disease today, yay for me!

On the bright side, at least the colonoscopy wasn't for nothing :unsmith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

rscott posted:

What are your symptoms like because I have been having some GI tract issues for about a year now and I thought I was lactose intolerant but I cut all the dairy out and my stomach is still hosed

Abdominal pain is the main problem for me, but recently loss of appetite and no energy to the point of getting dizzy has been a problem too, I had to go to the ER because I thought I was going to pass out at one point.

This has been over a year of the VA trying to figure out what the gently caress is wrong with me, so I guess I'm kind of relieved I have a real diagnosis now since they were starting to lean towards me having psychosomatic problems and had me seeing a psychiatrist before I even got the loving colonoscopy.

The VA sucks.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Holy poo poo, I just caught this part of the thread in a different open tab... sucks, leica. Is that diet-treatable, or is it medication city?

Dunno yet, gotta go talk to the GI doc first. It varies from person to person for the symptoms and treatments although I read that 70% end up needing surgery at some point. I'm just hoping I don't end up with a colostomy bag :(

Although I also read that spicy food is a no go which sucks donkey balls.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

At least it would be an AI first. :unsmith:

Hay guys, any advice on where to put my poo poo bag whilst auto Xing my Miata?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I like the CSB cure better, kill that poo poo with alcohol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

No, here we can have an honest and open discussion about our bowels. GBS is the equivalent of a poorly-behaved 3-year old at a Christmas concert running up to a microphone, shouting "POOOOOP!" as loud as they can and running away laughing.

If that happened at a Christmas party I was attending I would probably think that was funny and laugh.

Because poop jokes always work, no matter the delivery.

GBS would be the annoying child doing nothing funny and just annoying the poo poo out of everyone.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

drat Leica that sucks, hope you are able to treat or at least control it with meds. Welcome to the hosed up GI club. I'd recommend keeping a food journal/log of some kind for a while to figure out which food are good and bad for your situation.

So how does this work exactly? My gut always hurts in one way or another, so I won't be sure what food does or doesn't make it hurt. I eat pretty healthy for the most part, I just never have any sort of noticeable reaction to anything I eat so it would be hard to tell.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

October Chat Thread: Don't Bang My Sister

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This is why I'm so gung-ho to move to Cleveland next year.

You can get a house for the price of a VCR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Anytime someone mentions moving to Cleveland this needs to be posted.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

1st Edition ADandD posted:

three, training in this kind of biosafety is seriously non-trivial and there are very few "real" doctors and nurses who have had it, much less any experience, as opposed to the very small number of generally non-practising research scientists and doctors who do high-level biohazard stuff regularly. even the people *doing* the training in both civilian and military environments have rarely, if ever, had to work for extended periods under these conditions. You can simulate going through the processes, and they do, but you can't simulate working like that for days on end. You think there must be someone else who could do this (this is a common American thing, you think somewhere there must be a military or Ivy League A-Team), but there simply isn't, or if there is it's like four people. what you're seeing in Spain and the US are people and organizations getting this experience the hard way.

The car analogy would be passing your driver's test three years ago, driving for two hours once a year since then, and then suddenly having to drive a shift at LeMans at night in the rain.

When I was in the military we would train in chemical gear now and then for a few hours at a time, then one day they decided on a week long exercise in full chemical gear and 12 hour shifts with no days off. It was loving horrible, I couldn't imagine having to work like that for extended periods of time, never mind the hazards of just taking the poo poo off. God bless the people that are dealing with it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sardikar posted:

Anyway I find AI being my only hope, can one of you be my Obi Wan Kenobi and give me an idea of how the hell the power antenna in this thing is triggered? Or where I can find somewhere on the wiring loom to trigger it before I go mad?

It has to be in the stock harness, check some Kia forums and maybe you can find a schematic on what wire is what. Besides, if the aftermarket unit doesn't have a power antenna lead I'm not sure it will work anyway. If you use the remote lead for the amp the antenna would pop up every time she turned on the car and wear it out twice as fast, you want the antenna up only when the radio is turned on, and if the head unit doesn't have that lead you're SOL. Most of the cheap aftermarket units don't have that option.

Your other option is run power to it to pop it up then just disconnect the power and leave it up for good, then at least she will get radio reception.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 16, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

No. The amp remote lead only gets power when the stereo itself is on.

It's very common to wire a power antenna to that wire, if there's not a dedicated power antenna wire - and recommended by the owner's manual for most aftermarket stereos that lack a dedicated antenna wire.

On stereos that do have a dedicated power antenna wire, the antenna goes down when listening to anything not-radio. On stereos that don't, the antenna is up anytime the stereo is on (which is how the factory stereo usually does it anyway).

When isn't the stereo on though? I know it's only hot when the stereo is on but most people have them on all the time anyway. I'd honestly rather leave it up permanently than have it go up and down every time I turn the car on and off but that's just me.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 16, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Raluek posted:

I guess it just depends on your habit. None of my vehicles have a functioning radio, but the times I've borrowed a car with one I turn it on sometimes, eventually get bored or mad at talk radio, then turn it back off. :shobon:

I don't listen to the radio either, but I do listen to CDs or my MP3 player pretty much whenever I'm in the car.

My point is if I'm not listening to the radio the antenna shouldn't be up when I'm playing CDs, so I would make sure to buy a head unit that had a lead for a power antenna if I had a power antenna in my car. Using the remote lead for an amp is half assing it imo.

And as far as a permanent mast, I haven't had anyone break one off my car yet *knocks on wood*

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'd jump on a tire machine and/or balancer for the right price.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Motronic posted:

This is not the car for you. Run away. Now.

What are you talking about, my neighbor that knows cars said all it needs is a tune up

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but what the gently caress is game gate.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drat I'd love a proper espresso machine, but I have an Aero press so it's all good. Best coffee gadget I ever bought.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I have a drip machine, burr grinder, French press, aero press, and a Keurig machine.

Keurig is for when I'm lazy :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Did you ask for it straight up or on the rocks? You gotta be specific or sometimes the bartender will just do it the easiest way (on the rocks).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

As promised here's me smashing our car up after setting a fast lap for the day - http://youtu.be/EyIAZTOCCA4

I'm a bit sore but not even any bruises, video looks a lot worse than it felt.

lol. As I'm watching you mess with that I'm thinking seriously, wtf is he doing that's not smart....yep.

That'll learn ya :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Buy it online?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tell her it's her problem if she feels threatened, and then you should probably stop giving a gently caress about what she feels.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone heard of the Shocker Hitch? A guy I know that trailers cars from FL up north said it's the best thing he's ever bought for his towing rig, that it completely eliminates any jarring from the trailer. I was checking it out on his truck and wished I came up with the idea.

Linky for the trailer goons: http://shockerhitch.com/

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone know if there's any coolant flushes better than the standard Prestone poo poo you get at Advance Auto and whatnot? I'm guessing it's all pretty much the same poo poo. Have a bit of a rust issue that I need to sort out before I replace a water pump.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My wife has a good friend that's a lawyer and she's pretty miserable so yeah. Would suck to go through all that schooling, getting into massive debt and then realizing you hate your profession.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HotCanadianChick posted:

*digestive tract problems and addiction treatment medications notwithstanding

*fart*

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Is there any difference between a salvage title and a rebuilt title? The owner of the Salvage2000 is trying to convince some other dude to trade cars and I chimed in and let everyone know it's a salvage and dude is all "NO IT'S NOT IT'S A REBUILT TITLE."

Rebuilt means it got repaired after it was totaled (salvage).

If that guy trades a clean title car for a rebuilt title car he's an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

You know, I've been thinking of trading the GMC for a nice used four cylinder Camry.

Do it, four cylinder Camry crew represent :whatup:

• Locked thread