Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
See, I'm the surface precom nuke, and we have the fun of being a new platform, where we are literally writing the rulebook as we go along, combined with as Ket mentioned, the internal audits, but at least we have 4 section, (so worst case is 6/6, ideal is 4/8). The thing about this is, we were supposed to have more ~automation~ and ~reduced watchstanding requirements~ but we have the issue of having .. well not enough people (half of a Nimitz lolololololololol), for the potential maintenance, but that's another bridge to cross.

BUT we have it better than most, since we have actual fleet support, and big navy seems willing to work with us, and they are giving everyone as many qualifications as possible since we simply can't support everyone not being qualified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

orange juche posted:

Are you on the Ford? I got propositioned by the detailer to come there for my next billet, as I still have 24 months left on my contract. I'd be working in N6/ADP/Printer Bitch, but how is the command from your perspective as the most run down motherfucker on the ship?

Honestly this command is probably the best command in the Navy in how they are honestly trying (but things outside of the command's control) to give us a generally good life. I mean, the biggest issue we have is the sheer new things we need that no other ship needs, and how relatively new most of the department is (I'd argue that over 50% of the department is straight out of prototype)

• Locked thread