Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

DustyNuts posted:

I have at least 6 years to go, so I may be the only one left by then.

There's always new people who don't listen to reason (or want the GI Bill) and those that go reserves. I plan to finish out my time in the reserves so, I've got a good decade to go.

2020: You'll be free and making bank on two paychecks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Sir Lucius posted:

Can I get disability for carpal tunnel and back problems from sitting in a chair all day? (seriously)

If you document it, yes. But, I am sure you realized the same problem everyone else has that to get it documented you have to go to medical, being an IDC person you'll know that takes away time from production and waste your own time as the Corpsmen will invariably lose your documentation.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

At least you get today off! Tax dollars hard at work.

Happy Birthday Navy! Your part-time pay and cheap health insurance is pretty okay right now.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

where's my award for avoiding every Navy ball through my whole enlistment

Money in your pocket.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

But you still need those dumb mini medals (not sure what the official requirement is but here it was mini medals) which can be expensive plus buying a dress for your wife/misses who is increasingly getting fat

Haven't been to a formal occasion where mini-medals and/or Mess Dress was the uniform except for the O-6s/E-9s/'hard-chargers'. I don't even want to think of pricing out full or mini medals.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

This one chow hall MAA or whatever the gently caress they called him I forgot on ship cracked me up because he had his little mini warfare devices on his chow hall MAA polo

Only the best (most expendable to the division) and brightest (mouth breathers) can properly police the Big Deck mess decks.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Analogical posted:

Now I'm getting crap for wanting to go Warrant. I guess it does feel like breaking up with the Navy for a prettier girl. Even if the other girl is still an abysmal hambeast

That's something I will never understand. I have always wanted the people I worked with to either be advancing in the Navy, advancing in some other federal service, or having a plan to move into civilian life and succeed. The measure of a good leader is their subordinates successes. The fact certain senior people impede plans out of nothing but laziness or malice has always left me with a bitter taste.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

krispykremessuck posted:

if you have your heart set on joining either of the maritime services, choose a really loving dumb rating like YN or LS where breathing without reminders and speaking english sets you ahead of the vast majority of other people.

Except then you'd have to learn tagalog to communicate with your coworkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

I don't have any NAMs and hah gently caress trying to go out of the way to get one. If a NAM finds me it won't be because I went out looking to get one. Didn't they take away the award points for NAMs on the advancement exam anyways? Or was that the Good Conduct medal?

It was the GCM

• Locked thread