Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jacco
Sep 2, 2008
I need advice. I get out (hopefully) in a year. I am in the IT line of work. I have a BS in information systems but I really dont like the type of work I do. I would really like to go back to college to get a different BS degree but everyone tells me I should suck it up and just get a Masters in my area of expertise.

So my question is, is there anyone out there that has done what I want to do and could offer any insight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacco
Sep 2, 2008

bengy81 posted:

A little more info would be helpful.
Are you filthy and enlisted?
Is you bachelors degree from a real school?
What is you work history like outside of the Navy?
What are you trying to accomplish.

You should get a masters, it will go a lot farther than a second bachelors will.

Maybe get an MBA? Do you hate money and like the idea of being an indentured servant? Than go get a teachers cert!

I would look at project management personally, combines my some of my favorite things like money, stress, and self loathing!

Seriously, think beyond what you are trained to do to what you want to do and what you need to do to get there.

I am filthy and enlisted, my bachelors is from a real school, and out side of the navy my work experience was basically in the service industry to work my way through college. No way I am doing project management. I really want to do something that helps people.

• Locked thread