Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
I was under the impression that you needed at least 8 years for severance pay.. was I incorrect?

I'm not very familiar with C-Way.. perhaps one of you can fill me in.

Case in point, i'm a GSM2 that's ready to seperate. Mindset is full on college prep, Taps, etc. and I don't really think it's beneficial to me at all to play the "I don't know what i'm doing" role with my COC, when I could pretty much day One say "These are my long term plans, I do not plan to change these"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
Any SD Goons around that can share their apartment hunting advice/stories with me?

I did the classic "first time renter" thing and went for the more affordable off the bat, $1,000 a month studio rental in Downtown near 15th Street. It's not a terrible live in per se; coded locks, gates everywhere, as of the moment free wifi/cable and generally much more forgiving on my saving's account while I wait for the Navy to pay me SD BAH.

On the downside, I have discovered that the entire SD homeless population lives around this area; a fact which I can currently tolerate, but would prefer not to deal with for a long term thing.

My lease expires in January, and I think i'm going to want to move up north some, more into the Marina/Little Italy district. It's obvious that living up there as opposed to Chula Vista/somewhere farther is going to sock me at least 1700+ a month in rent, not to mention utilities.

• Locked thread