Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Minor
Apr 28, 2010
Hey Navy Goons, we had our Service Assignment yesterday and I found out that I got picked up Pilot. It wasn’t my first choice but I guess there’s not much I can do now aside from learn more about aviation. Is there anyone in the aviation community around here who can help me out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Minor
Apr 28, 2010
Haha, fair enough, that came across pretty bad. I've spent the past few years putting together an EOD package, I spent time with the community and fell in love and let my self get pretty single tracked. Made it to the final round of interviews and everything so it hurt to not get picked up but after spending sometime feeling sorry for myself and talking it over I realize that aviation will provide me a lot of great opportunities and I want to make the most of it.

Major Minor
Apr 28, 2010
Mr. Nice - Sounds about right. It really is an incredible community with equally incredible people. Although the view from a cockpit sounds better than the view from downtown Ramadi :v:

vulturesrow posted:

Here is some advice:
Absolutely. I talked it over with a classmate of mine who also put in for EOD but was picked up Pilot instead and we reached a similar conclusion. It sucks to be turned away after putting so much work into our packages but now that the blinders have been lifted we realize what an amazing opportunity we’ve been afforded. If the chance ever comes up to try again I suppose it’s a ‘wait and see’ moment because I may find that EOD was the best thing that never happened.

We have about seven people from our school that got picked up Pilot and we’ve already talked about sticking together through the pipeline. It’s definitely a great feeling knowing that I’ll be there with a support network.

Is there any academic prep you would suggest? Math and science is admittedly a weak point for me and the classroom aspect is a little intimidating to me.

Thank you!

• Locked thread