Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

poopkitty posted:

I have personally physically removed a person from her rack and made her shower. That didn't work, so I was forced to watch. There is NOTHING on earth like having to explain to another human being that "yes, you need to put soap on that and rub it." Same chick was saving used hygiene items. Inside her rack.

Then there was the girl who kept bug carcasses in her rack. Girls are WAYYYYYYyyyyy grosser than boys.

Agreed. In high school I worked at Wal-Mart for a while. The women's bathroom was consistently more disgusting than the men's. On deployments I've done I've had females making GBS threads in their showers and other assorted nasty stuff. Why is it like that poopkitty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

Somebody smeared poo poo in one of the bathrooms in power school while I was there. Our chief told us that they would use DNA testing to find out who did it. :laugh:

I imagine you would find a lot of someone else's DNA in a nuke's poop if you know what I mean.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

And by "make the most of" you mean "make the most per diem"

Only if he goes P3s.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Major Minor posted:

Hey Navy Goons, we had our Service Assignment yesterday and I found out that I got picked up Pilot. It wasn’t my first choice but I guess there’s not much I can do now aside from learn more about aviation. Is there anyone in the aviation community around here who can help me out?

Here is some advice:

1. Don't ever make a comment even remotely similar to what you wrote you ever again. For what it's worth, I know a couple guys who have transitioned from Aviation to SEALs or EOD so that is still an option. But you need to put it on the back burner for a while. Get winged and prove to your eventual fleet squadron that you aren't a shithead. I suspect you'll find that you really enjoy flying and you probably won't want to lateral transfer. Also, there are aviation billets now with SEAL units. Not flying jobs of course but you are attached to them as their aviation expert.

2. Study a lot. The more you have the poo poo down you are supposed to know the easier it is to focus on stick and rudder. Also, instructors are much more inclined to help you out when it's obvious you are putting the work in.

3. Don't try to go it alone, the program is a lot easier when you work with your fellow students to prep for events.

4. See #2. Don't worry you'll have plenty of time to light your hair on fire, but you literally have one job when you get to flight school. It will never get any easier. Don't gently caress it away by partying all the time.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Boon posted:

My CO was interested in physics questions. Lots and lots of physics. I also apparently earned my pin about a third of the way through the board when I supposedly gave the best answer for how AEGIS works and integrates into the fleet that our CO had ever heard.

In other news, just found out that my old XO, a guy I had proclaimed that I would eventually see on the Navy Times, is in fact, going to probably headline the next edition. gently caress that guy.

What'd he'd do?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Happy Navy birthday from the forum's favorite noble. Everyone write yourself up for a NAM.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

ActusRhesus posted:

All I know about Annacostia is my old rugby team used their park for matches and had to cancel more than one game due to the presence of corpses.

What club did you play for in that area?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

ActusRhesus posted:

2006. And I played for the Furies, and guest played for the Renegades a few times as the token chick.

Cool. What position? I'm just asking because I played in college and in a men's club when I was stationed at NAS Whidbey for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

ActusRhesus posted:

Hooker and Flanker. What team? I was in Bremerton for a bit circa 2005.

A team a friend of mine from the Naval Academy started up. We were the Whidbey Island RFC but it's since gone the way of the dodo. We actually played in the British Columbia union because it was a lot more convenient travel wise. That was around 01-04. I actually left there in summer of 04.

• Locked thread