Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I have personally physically removed a person from her rack and made her shower. That didn't work, so I was forced to watch. There is NOTHING on earth like having to explain to another human being that "yes, you need to put soap on that and rub it." Same chick was saving used hygiene items. Inside her rack.

Then there was the girl who kept bug carcasses in her rack. Girls are WAYYYYYYyyyyy grosser than boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

vulturesrow posted:

Agreed. In high school I worked at Wal-Mart for a while. The women's bathroom was consistently more disgusting than the men's. On deployments I've done I've had females making GBS threads in their showers and other assorted nasty stuff. Why is it like that poopkitty?

I wish I knew. I really, really do. I'm a middle class white girl from Massachusetts with lots of opportunities who joined to stick it to my parents when being a girl in Combat Systems was all fresh and new and bonus-y. I had NO loving IDEA how many young ladies there were in the world with hosed up home lives and cracked out moms and creepy drunk stepdads and just brokenness. It's SO bad.

Last deployment, I was sitting SUWC, minding my business on a Sunday morning when CMC (male) came in and took my headset. He was relieving me so I could "go handle berthing." There was a loving brawl down there because there was a log on the shower and a used pad stuck to the wall. I mean, they were FIGHTING. SMDH. I just can't do it anymore. So many girls who didn't have a good life, it's heartbreaking.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Schlabbalabba posted:

Where at in Mass?

North Attleboro is where I graduated from. Lived in Hudson until I was 8. Mom and Sister (and lots of Aunties and Uncles n stuff) still live there. I get home about once every 3 years or so.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Christoff posted:

Haha yeah people love adding themselves to the list of approvers. gently caress outta here

The worst CMC on the planet added herself to all chits below the Dept. Head. And the XO/CO allowed it. I mean ALL. Like my DIVO's chit had to go through her. I hope to see her on Navy Times but never ever will.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 11, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Wingnut Ninja posted:

How does that even work? Like, as a divo when I route a chit or something, I'm the one that marks off who it gets routed to. Even if our CMC wanted to review it, he'd never even know about it unless my DH sent it to him. Same with e-leave.

She had the XO/CO convinced that she was the gatekeeper. She was an evil, evil, manipulative bitch.

Once I went on liberty in a foreign port with my liberty buddy. We had overnight libs, two hotel rooms, the usual. (I'm a Chief, and a woman, the only one on board at the time.) She wrote a HUGE disclaimer on my chit about "perceptions of untoward behavior" and adultery. She let us know "she'd be watching." Good, bitch. Try watching me Skype with my family inside my hotel room.

She didn't even eat in the CPO mess because she thought she was better than us. She would come in and get food and then eat in her office. She used to tell us "I am the 1%" all the time.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

GiP warfare devices for: never cranking, missing every career navy day ball, being at a command when the CO gets fired, marrying a tricareatops, etc.

Well poo poo. I'm a GiP device having MoFo. I did crank, for 49 days on a DD. The CPO mess hated my music. Never been to a Navy ball, although I will admit, I kind of want to wear a tiara just once. Only 2 COs fired, and one XO. We tried really hard to get CMC fired but that didn't work. Far as I know she's still in CMC on shore duty and still a CMC. And no tricareatops or dependas for me. He has his own Tricare. And paycheck.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

This feel like it should be abnormally high, in spite of the front page of navytimes every week.

In 18 years, 4 ships, so maybe that's why?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mad Dragon posted:

We also had a guy on board who raped and murdered a girl in the 70s or 80s.

This is gonna need a little more of an explanation.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Had a Chief that was afraid of firings to the point he called in everyone E-4 and below into a conference room to scare everyone into not reporting a drat thing (even went so far as to tell us all that if we are planning to kill ourselves we should because we are a blight on society if we cant handle the 'old school Navy' he was trying to keep around, in a room that had four of my suicidal patients), a CO that was trying his hardest to quiet people pointing poo poo out that was wrong with the system, and a Chief's Mess that throws the book at junior people but sweeps poo poo under the rug as much as possible for E-5 and above.

I couldnt imagine working in a command with some of the poo poo you guys have, although if the female CMC Poopkitty had ran Great Lakes' Corpsman A School the year it closed I wouldn't be surprised.

Panda, I sure hope that E-7 is no longer in the Navy. As much as I dislike this job sometimes, I really like most of the people. After all they were fed the same kool aid as me.

And no, she didn't. She wasn't a CMC until she got to my ship. I think she's at her last duty station now. She won't go back to sea at least.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ActusRhesus posted:

Also, not realizing the she is a he is a westpac rookie mistake. They really should include "look at the hands and feet" during orientation.

Because realizing you liked it and your bunkmates will call you gay is a great reason to murder someone. Maybe we should teach "don't loving kill people" during orientation.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Analogical posted:

Yet somehow they blew their lid when I said I wanted to drop an army warrant aviation packet as if I was leaving the brass ring behind. Granted I'm sure my army packet will never be completed, because two items on there have to come from my current chain of command in a timely fashion. What boggles my loving mind is that it's been this way for the past two years. My girlfriend had an out of bounds chit get sat on for three weeks and was told AFTER the weekend that it was approved. How does anyon-- hungghghhghhh

Friend of mine wanted to go to the carrier to pin a protégé. Carrier works it out, pays for the COD ride, requests her to come aboard, the whole 9. But our command dropped the ball and didn't tell her she could go until 1 hour after the COD left. And CMC (who isn't, just the Senior Master Chief because we are too small for a real one) is wondering why she's mad.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Analogical posted:

"I need you to move the date submitted to today. It looks like we sat on this with the date being in August."

Also, the answer to this is NO. And always have copies.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ActusRhesus posted:

well yeah, I mean when the ship goes out you can't be broadcasting that Mrs. poo poo, right?

PS I know someone who actually has one of these hideous creations. Every time I see it I want to light it on fire.

Every hambeast in Yokosuka has one. And yes, they broadcast that shizz. I can always tell the carrier schedule based on the wife FB page. I finally took myself out of there because they called me a "mean girl" for posting instructions and debunking "he said, she said" BS.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ActusRhesus posted:

You're in Yoko? I miss it there. Since you seem like a decent mug, will let you in on a secret: Have you ever been to Romani? Go to the J side of blue street, up towards the (I think it's a) hospital. it's a little restaurant down a really terrifying set of stairs. Seriously, you will feel like you're about to be asked to put the lotion on its skin. Excellent food, (lamb chaps [sic] in particular) not complete dicks to gaijin, in fact rather friendly, and Shin-san is a kick rear end bartender. Most importantly, you will probably be the only Navy there, so you don't have to deal with honch drama. It was our most closely held secret. After I PCSd my husband pretty much became their resident "Norm." Awesome place. Tell no one. Or at least no one who will gently caress it up.

Nice. I generally avoid Yoko like the plague, (outside of work, obvs) but I will check it out.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ActusRhesus posted:

yeah...no good comes of the Honch. Oh, and matchpoint in zushi is decent also. Tuna avocado bruscetta omnomnomnom.

It's a shame my command were such toolbags, because there was a lot to like about Japan...that was all overshadowed by my overwhelming desire to stab everyone around me.

Where are you specifically, and how long have you been there? I can give you some other things worth checking out...but really Romani is my #1 recommendation.

Matchpoint French toast is divine. Been here a few years now, we get around pretty well.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Kawasaki Nun posted:

EPs are divvied up depending on relative CPO dick length, clout, and hummer ability. As are MPs after they become restricted due to rank. The entire eval system is dumb as poo poo. We had a poo poo-hot guy in my division not get an EP until his next eval due to CPO clout even though he was undoubtedly deserving of this.

I have never been to a hospital command but I can't imagine the retarded office politics are any different from retarded ship politics.

It also helps if your CPO can write. Awards too. Deck Division on USS Last always got the shaft because BMC was barely literate and so was CMC. I got praised on the regular for having my troops win "Region SOQ" because I speek gud English and can write effectively. This CMC said "bambalance" seriously. Also "deer in a headlock."

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Wingnut Ninja posted:

To be honest, I'm probably going to steal this phrase to use at some point. But I'll have to burn that bridge when I come to it.

I was the keeper of the log. We used to have a board in the Mess until she tore it off the wall in rage. Then I just kept it in my pocket.

Also "The puddin' be the proof;" "my first name be COMMAND, don't try me;" and bayracks. (Where Sailors live. The bayracks.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

The billet is permanently allocated to where I am, but as a detachment, admin has to jump through a lot of poo poo to get me hooked up right.

There should be a CCC for my det, but there isn't, so the NCC for the other command is the best I've got as far as that goes. She does a pretty decent job, as she actually cares about helping people.

This also baffles me. You're "from" Misawa, but not stationed there, permanently. WHY THE gently caress?

• Locked thread