Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
How much Motrin are the HMs being directed to give out for Ebola infections?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Octopode posted:

I personally witnessed it happening on my first ship while we were underway in the middle of 5th Fleet. A dirtbag of a YN3 was up for reenlistment. He asked the XO to be his reenlisting officer, despite a well known personal hatred of the XO, had the CS's prepare a big, fancy re-enlistment cake, the whole works.

We were all down on the messdecks to watch the re-enlistment, go through the whole setup and spiel. Kid gets discharged, and makes a short speech about how he never thought he'd re-enlist, he had all these plans for his future, etc. And then ends it all up with "So you know what? I'm not gonna do it." The XO just sat there, dumbfounded, and asked him if he was serious. Kid answered in the affirmative, and you can see the XO's face twist up with rage. He grabs the uncut cake, storms out, and somehow manages to swing a Desert Chicken around to the ship within the hour, despite having no flight ops scheduled that day, and the kid is never seen on the ship again.

We had lots of cake for dessert at dinner in the wardroom that night.

Yesssssssssssssssss. This is what I needed this morning.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
One of the restricted kids I have to watch tonight is literally there because he smells awful.

He went to mast because of stench. This gentlemen is a quality individual.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

Hygiene is one of the things to go in crazy people. Stay safe out there and be nice to the weirdo at least once during chow just to make sure they dont explode on you.

You've got my back Pandasmores, I won't let him skin me alive or anything.

At least the 0200 to 0700 watch they are asleep the entire time.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Really need to get in a couple more visits for hernia repair pain, the other hernia I only got checked out once and the plantar fasciitis. The wrist pain should be nicely documented.

They sure as hell are chronic, but that record might not show it. Is chronic a checkbox the MTF checks or something the va rep decides?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Another day to eat pizza and drink beer before eating pizza and drinking tequila all week to dull the pain of another a school experience.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Christoff posted:

Is there some kind of tag my SA username gets for being a Navy dude that never cranked

E5, bunch of deployments on ships, never cranked and never will. Whatup?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Analogical posted:

So I'm TDY somewhere there's no Navy, or even any DoD, for six months. Obviously my PRT was bound to be an issue.

Our CFL type always just set us to DEP/OP whenever we were indisposed due to whatever TDY.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Wasn't there a dude a few years ago who asked about nuke, heard all this advice, and joined as nuke anyway? I recall he came back a few months later and was all "THIS SUCKS! I wish I had listened".

Don't join nuke. Sure you actively not joining contributes to the overall manning problem, but just don't do it.

I think our ratio of dudes who listen to dudes who go "No, gently caress you Dad, I know better!" is pretty bad. There are a few rare success stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

In other news I am currently TDY at an airfoce base. I saw A-10's flying today. A-10's are rad.

Had some F-22s Buzz my house yesterday. Followed by the blue angels buzzing the house for like 5 hours.

Followed by the trainer jets

Followed by the Lear jets of whatever big wig is in town.

This all starts at 745am. I work nights.

gently caress base housing and the flooding that made it the only available rental I could snag in time to take my dogs.

• Locked thread