Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

The gap isn't between you signing out and signing back in. It happens at the end of the day. So while you may have signed out, you're still technically not out until midnight and can be hosed in the interim. While you might ultimately get away with it, be prepared to be on legal hold for an indefinitely period of time while they figure out what to do with you.

Possible solution: reenlist on a Saturday at a bar off base

e: if you pound shots between discharge and signing, does your inebriation legally invalidate your new contract?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Another one: if you seriously hurt yourself and need surgery past your SEAOS, they will only retain you on LIMDU if you are PTS-approved.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Analogical posted:

So I'm TDY somewhere there's no Navy, or even any DoD, for six months. Obviously my PRT was bound to be an issue. Talked to my chain and told them about it, they say its cool, so naturally I'm skeptical as poo poo. Find another sailor who's also going and found out he put in an SRC and a copy of his travel orders. I do the same and turn it in. "Oh, thanks."

Two weeks ago by. LPO says she'll get with me before the weekend.

Three weeks go by. I've now left.

Seven weeks go by. Two weeks to PRT window and at this point I've called my DFL, CFL office (4 times, getting 4 unique answers) and even called a Chief from another department who all say they'll get back to me.

Eighth week and my LPO finally calls. "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU COULDN'T PRT THERE?" So I tell my LPO I dropped an SRC and she says she'll call me back when she finds it.

>Three days later.
"Hey, I need you to resubmit your SRC."
"Why?"
"I need you to move the date submitted to today. It looks like we sat on this with the date being in August."
:captainpop:

So I resubmit everything. Change the dates to cover their asses. Get a call four days later from DIVO. "You better not submit this poo poo so late again."

ROGER

Yet somehow they blew their lid when I said I wanted to drop an army warrant aviation packet as if I was leaving the brass ring behind. Granted I'm sure my army packet will never be completed, because two items on there have to come from my current chain of command in a timely fashion. What boggles my loving mind is that it's been this way for the past two years. My girlfriend had an out of bounds chit get sat on for three weeks and was told AFTER the weekend that it was approved. How does anyon-- hungghghhghhh

You should print out this post and read it aloud when you're at DRB for trying to dodge a PRT

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

ActusRhesus posted:

Will take the Vagas odds she has one of these before this time next year.

how convenient

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Saw a bunch of airmen get NAMs for phoning in some Navy ball poo poo, followed by a bunch of EOT LOCs for production supervisors. Same award ceremony. Nothing surprises me, really.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

It was the GCM

GCM:

"Congrats on exceeding our expectations, you reprehensible proletariat hoi polloi scumbag! Good job showering regularly unlike the rest of the disgusting animenlisted!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

krispykremessuck posted:

e: Because someone higher up probably already knows about it, has signed off on it, and had legal jury-rig a determination that whoever reports it is at fault.

• Locked thread