Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PneumonicBook posted:

I actually never thought about that.

What is MTF?

Sorry pre-boot (bootie?) question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Christoff posted:

Military Treatment Facility. Hospital, clinic, etc. Obviously some are Military only like the smaller clinics near a flightline etc. But some bases only have a clinic which see active duty and dependents. They usually close at 1600 but the really small hospitals have 24 hour care such as an urgent care or maybe even an ER or will be open on weekends.

But yeah varies pretty drastically from place to place as to what services or specialty care is offered.

GIP hates MTFs and mostly rightfully so but some are actually pretty decent and convenient with great access to care imo

Ok cool. Is visiting a MTF while a reservist treated differently than a regular hospital? I don't plan on rely on it but when I get back and start looking for a job it's my health care back up plan for my family while I wait for whatever job I acquire to kick in.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

poopkitty posted:

She had the XO/CO convinced that she was the gatekeeper. She was an evil, evil, manipulative bitch.

Once I went on liberty in a foreign port with my liberty buddy. We had overnight libs, two hotel rooms, the usual. (I'm a Chief, and a woman, the only one on board at the time.) She wrote a HUGE disclaimer on my chit about "perceptions of untoward behavior" and adultery. She let us know "she'd be watching." Good, bitch. Try watching me Skype with my family inside my hotel room.

She didn't even eat in the CPO mess because she thought she was better than us. She would come in and get food and then eat in her office. She used to tell us "I am the 1%" all the time.

Is perception the same thing as "I have no proof but I have a hunch"?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Our baby nuke from the recruiting station broke down and cried in front of his division during his second day at boot. Said his instructors told him that's ok it just shows how much you care. His letter to us....was interesting to say the least with such helpful advice as "sleep on the flight there" (he stayed on facebook the whole flight from CA chatting).

I don't think nuke was such a good choice for him.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

Lol, apparently all my friends that get BAH at their other commands say that barracks manning is never anywhere near the percentage for manning, the commands are actively looking for people to get out of the barracks just to not have to deal with barracks room failures so it's not loving over their weekends reinspecting. Meanwhile, my chit is sitting in a folder in the admin office where an RP2 is running things over the YNAN waiting to up 1% to meet the 95% manning. There's a bunch of chits behind mine, but it's the next one up to go to the CMCs desk and even though the CMC has signed off on 2 others, they haven't gone to the base CO in god knows how long.

Doesn't surprise me that you guys have NCs that have no business handling important paperwork, hell the Navy's drug counselors are primarily from non-medical ratings and last I heard they were trying to make it an NEC for NCs. I guess having people that get the NEC and then booting them out because they can't compete with other people when the C-Way or whatever the hell it is comes up/don't make Chief because they aren't working in their rating any more.

Also Poopkitty lol, you can get stationed in Gitmo but if you go there from another command you're considered "deployed" hahahaha.

Honest question. Why are their drug counselors if it's a zero tolerance Navy? Do they only help with legal drug misuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I called them because a senior chief was loving recruits at boot camp. Sadly the recruits he was loving didn't roll on him and he just stopped being an RDC for a bit before he was transferred.

Were you a boot at the time?

• Locked thread