Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Boon posted:

Hey MML, were in the pipeline when they introduced the WTI course or are you familiar with it?

This was lost in the last thread, but yeah I'm familiar with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Boon posted:

Ok, so the way I understand it, for an IAMD WTI they select post-FCO billet (2nd tour rolling to shore). Does that require that those individuals sign for Dept Head?

I ask because it seems like a backwards way to do it. For IAMD it seems that they should instead select individuals who have signed already and are slated for a WEPS/CSO billet since that'd guarantee at least 1 and probably 2 IAMD WTI and in the correct billets. The way it's setup now you could have a WEPS or CSO or possibly both who are not IAMD WTI but the OPS is. That makes no sense. :confused:

My understanding is that the IAMD WTI's would be rolling to their second DIVO tour as FCO, not rolling ashore just like the ASW WTI's are rolling to an ASWO billet, however I could be wrong since I'm not an expert in the program and it's been in flux for a while. Also, as far as I know, yes: IAMD WTI requires SWOCP.

Honestly, the whole thing is kind of a big pile of poo poo right now. Big SWO hasn't really figured out how to do this, or what they are even really trying to do anyway. The IAMD WTI in particular is kind of dumb because pumping DIVO's through it still allows for that knowledge to escape the shooter community since there is currently nothing that tags those folks as "CRUDES only" down the line. They should be pumping STO's, ADO's, and WEPS through instead in order to ensure that the right people are getting the training.

I like the theory behind SWO WTI's, but so far I like nothing about the execution at all. To me it seems to be more akin to the abortion that is/was Specialty Career Paths then it does to aviation WTI's

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Never had a CO or XO fired, though my last one should have been. I did have a former CO get wrapped up in the Fat Leonard fiasco though. Also, I've never been to a Navy Ball either. gently caress that noise.

Also, my 6 months of loving off in schools and on leave is over. I'm in Sas-vegas now about to get put on the clock again.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

It never ceases to amuse me that the Navy made enlisted careers so difficult too understand and manage that they had to create a rating and pay actual sailors to help.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

theAcidQueen posted:

Any SD Goons around that can share their apartment hunting advice/stories with me?

I did the classic "first time renter" thing and went for the more affordable off the bat, $1,000 a month studio rental in Downtown near 15th Street. It's not a terrible live in per se; coded locks, gates everywhere, as of the moment free wifi/cable and generally much more forgiving on my saving's account while I wait for the Navy to pay me SD BAH.

On the downside, I have discovered that the entire SD homeless population lives around this area; a fact which I can currently tolerate, but would prefer not to deal with for a long term thing.

My lease expires in January, and I think i'm going to want to move up north some, more into the Marina/Little Italy district. It's obvious that living up there as opposed to Chula Vista/somewhere farther is going to sock me at least 1700+ a month in rent, not to mention utilities.

The farther up the hill towards El Cortez you get, the less homeless there are because they can't be assed to walk up it. I lived right across the street from EC and the only interaction with vagrants I had was very early in my three years there when a dude stole my wife's bike off our porch.

The prices weren't so bad, but that was 7 years ago, and I'm not sure what your BAH is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm becoming more and more curious as to when NMCI is actually going to upgrade to a modern web browser. Like, virtually every non-military site I visit these days comes with a distressingly-worded warning that my browser is old as poo poo and no longer supported. That is, if the page even loads, which an increasing number of sites don't. At what point do they finally figure "gee, 2009 was a great year and all, but maybe we should move on"?

"It's not in our contact."

• Locked thread