Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

E-5 is a pretty sweet rank. I was 15 minutes late to a dress blue inspection this morning, but my Chiefs were like, "your uniform looks brand new, very nice." Nope, same one from boot camp (this is the third time I've worn it).

E-5 gets you out of maybe 90% of stores loads on a sub. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Should have stayed a coner. :shrug:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Somebody smeared poo poo in one of the bathrooms in power school while I was there. Our chief told us that they would use DNA testing to find out who did it. :laugh:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Octopode posted:

Hey guys I just found out today that the Navy is gonna make me be an astronaut or some poo poo. I mean, my first choice was to go be a nuke and kill myself but it's alright, I guess.
Please. The Information Dominance pin is waaaay cooler than the astronaut one. :rolleyes::fh:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

The only good "trivia" question on our boards was "how many steam fire pumps does the ship have?"
It took me a second to realize you meant steam-driven pumps. Asking a nub how to put out a steam fire would be pretty hilarious, though.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

ActusRhesus posted:

Only had one "is the CMC a retard?" experience...we got a new CMC. The community I was working in had a disproportionate number of sailors marrying admittedly hot, but crazy chicks and it ending badly. Experience taught us that the first thing that would happen after separation occurred was a phone call from the soon to be ex claiming non-support. Experience also taught us that if you blow them off, they will keep going higher and higher up the food chain until eventually Hottie McBatshit is calling the CO's desk. So my LNC and I had a system wherein we directed the quarterdeck to refer all crazy exes to legal...LNC or I would listen, pretend to give a poo poo, then say "Wow, that's really terrible. We take things like this very seriously. Can you please put all that in a letter, and attach any receipts or bills you have, and send it to the command, to my attention? Once we get your letter I will make sure we look into it and take appropriate action." The ones who just wanted to gently caress with their ex would not be bothered...and the rare instance it was a legit complaint, we would have what we needed to sit down and counsel petty officer idiot. After hanging up, we would back brief the appropriate LCPO and the CMC. Well, shortly after new CMC arrived, we got a call from a crazy. We fielded it, went to tell CMC, and he was in the shower. No biggie. Whatever. so the LCPO filled him in later that morning. He went ape poo poo "blah blah blah. This is enlisted business. Stay out of it. This isn't your place. Blah blah blah. Lot's of profanity." So after explaining to him that, while I was only a staff officer, and he was the CMC, I was still an officer, and his tone was not appropriate, he left my office, again telling me to stay out of enlisted affairs. So I called all the over-eager first tour JAGs who were handling these alleged "non-support" claims on behalf of the crazies from their various legal assistance commands...and the crazies who were unrepresented...and told them all that their new POC for this issue was the CMC and they should direct all calls to him from now on. About 30 minutes (and no less than 6 calls from overzealous 25 year old lawyers) later, the CMC came back into my office and recognized that perhaps legal was the best place to handle this particular issue, and perhaps staff corps have their uses. He wasn't a bad guy, all in all...he just needed to learn to slow down and observe a little bit before deciding what needed to be fixed. We weren't the only shop to have that issue with him.

A few years after I got out, I hooked up with a HN from the Love Boat for a few weekends of fun. Her estranged husband kept calling the CMC, complaining about whatever. I didn't stick around long enough to find out what happened.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Our engineer got fired. Close enough? We also had a guy on board who raped and murdered a girl in the 70s or 80s.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

poopkitty posted:

This is gonna need a little more of an explanation.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/021600/TampaBay/The_victim_s_mother_l.shtml
http://www.sptimes.com/News/021000/TampaBay/After_24_years__he_s_.shtml

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

Guys, let me know if you're in the orange stress zone

It's all good. I got my stress card.

• Locked thread