Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

I'm a semen, I mean Seaman, I haven't been a semen for 20 years.

Mad Dragon posted:

E-5 gets you out of maybe 90% of stores loads on a sub. :toot:

Only of you're a nuke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

Well, I told my chain that I applied for a few jobs.... they flipped the gently caress out and now they're hounding me if I am reenlisting or not. They're also trying to get me to reenlist now (and not tax free) so I'm locked in for deployment. So, now, unfortunately IF I manage to get an interview, they likely won't let me take leave to go. Dicks.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

SquirrelyPSU posted:

You hosed up. Really bad.

e: Advice: Let some time pass, tell your CoC that you didn't hear anything back and are starting to get really concerned about your future. Make some sort of soul searching leave that you plan your interviews on like a Vision Quest or something and that you are leaning to taking advantage of shore duty and getting a degree while you are enlisted before you get out. Put it off until the last possible second and then drop your terminal leave chit.

I am on sea duty. I deploy in December and my EAOS is in April...

They're like "You can't just decide to get out in the middle of deployment"

And I was like "LOL"

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

That's exactly what half of my division did the last deployment I was on lol.

I'm most likely staying in, but I shouldn't receive the backlash because I am only considering moving on with my life.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

You get what you deserve when you reenlist. You reup this time and get hosed later its your own fault you filthy whore.

Yeah, I'm aware of the consequences of staying in, but quite frankly I didn't have the time due to the heavy optempo to do school to obtain a job I want. If I wasn't married I would go be poor and happy by my drat self, but I cannot.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

Ugh, another day in hell. I think my biggest problem is that I have this expectation that at the next juncture in my career it will be better for whatever reason and it just isn't....

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

Where at in Mass?

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

poopkitty posted:

North Attleboro is where I graduated from. Lived in Hudson until I was 8. Mom and Sister (and lots of Aunties and Uncles n stuff) still live there. I get home about once every 3 years or so.

The whif is from Plymouth....

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Sounds like he's got dependants and bills and doesn't want to potentially gently caress over his family.

Not everyone looking at getting out or staying in is an early twenties dude with no one depending on his paycheck.

This. If it was just me, or even just me and the wife (at least shes edumicated), I would just go be homeless on my bicycle...

There are a few realistic scenarios that let me get out next year, so here is hoping that they come around and work out....

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Be glad you dont have kids, especially ones that go to the hospital a lot. The fear is real :(

I have a 13 month old.... he's either fearless or stupid. Considering he is my kid, it could be either...

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

Navy for the win: my kid was hospitalized a week ago and was there for five days total. The command said they were gonna try to send me home, but didn't feel like coming in over the weekend to actually care. So yesterday they tell me I am going home today even though he's out of the hospital and I told them there was no point of me going. So here I am at Jax Intl waiting on a plane. I did get to ride an Osprey back to Mayport though.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

Are the forums NMCI blocked? I've never tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

Who's ready for this IWO ARG deployment?

gently caress BITCHES. EAT SCHAWARMA.

• Locked thread