Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Dude talking about how much he hates the navy; wants to reenlist

navy.txt

The abusive relationship was already mentioned. So I'll go with the puppy dog that follows no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Sounds like he's got dependants and bills and doesn't want to potentially gently caress over his family.

Not everyone looking at getting out or staying in is an early twenties dude with no one depending on his paycheck.

Those ones are my favorites. Because if Jody doesn't steal away his wife while he's deployed and she's still hot he'll just get older, higher rank, and salty and have nothing but resentment for his life choices and have no problem keeping everyone at work until 1900 so he doesn't have to go back to his fat bitchy wife.

Then he's the one saying "what do you mean you're not re-enlisting? You want to flip burgers for the rest of your life?"

But yeah healthcare is a bitch. Reserves makes perfect sense there

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 4, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I've had a pretty bad experience overall and can't wait to get out soon. Green weenie has hosed me almost every step of the way. But now I'm scared moks ghost is going to come call me a boot rear end human being bitch because I never worked 18 hour days 7 days a week as a nuke on a sub

I think you're thinking of the "Med at home," or something like that. Which they only started implementing at my last command and throughout the Navy? (Military?) About 3 years ago. You can make appointments online, view lab results online, etc. I don't know the exact details because we're still trapped in time writing everything on paper here with a 2 hour time slot every morning that you're allotted to go to medical

What about reserve healthcare if you're near an MTF? I assumed it was the same in that instance as if you were AD

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 4, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Military Treatment Facility. Hospital, clinic, etc. Obviously some are Military only like the smaller clinics near a flightline etc. But some bases only have a clinic which see active duty and dependents. They usually close at 1600 but the really small hospitals have 24 hour care such as an urgent care or maybe even an ER or will be open on weekends.

But yeah varies pretty drastically from place to place as to what services or specialty care is offered.

GIP hates MTFs and mostly rightfully so but some are actually pretty decent and convenient with great access to care imo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Ok cool. Is visiting a MTF while a reservist treated differently than a regular hospital? I don't plan on rely on it but when I get back and start looking for a job it's my health care back up plan for my family while I wait for whatever job I acquire to kick in.

Uhm, don't quote me on any of this. And I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. But I mean MTFs in general vary drastically from place to place. First you have to determine what's near where you will be and what tri-care option is best for you.

Unless you chose Tri-care prime I believe it is and are enrolled in said MTF the only services you can get from one would be emergency. Emergency visits are covered anywhere you go with tri-care though.

It sounds like you're going to elect for the paid tri-care option. Just don't be one of those reservist that doesn't pay for tricare that tries to get some chronic knee pain covered on drill weekend or cold symptoms then gets surprised when you get a bill.

Again, GIP hates MTFs. But they're not all that bad. The access to care where I worked before was pretty drat decent aside from specialty care. See doc, walk across hall get x-ray, go to next window and pick up meds etc.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So getting out real soon and barely starting to get seen for my issues. Curious what all you guys claimed on your final physical? I don't think I'll have a chance to sit down and file my claims on base before I get out but I'm just going to try to do it with a VA rep while I'm on terminal.

What all did you guys claim, were you ever seen for it on active duty, what'd you get, etc? If you don't mind telling. I'm not trying to milk the system I'm just wondering if you guys are writing down literally every little thing on your final physical? I just have ringing in my left ear and the usual lower back pain. And self diagnosed plantar fasciitis for the last year. Which I'll probably get seen for just in case it's an issue down the line. I just am still a bit confused as to how the whole process works.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I already got all my electronic poo poo printed off.

For tinnitus am I alright just putting it on my final physical or do I need an actual visit for it?

Since I still have to go to medical for some stuff I'll probably do the disability poo poo on terminal at the VA with a rep. Because I heard the place on base is an absolute pain and a huge line out the door by 6 am.

Unfortunately at my clinic specifically everything is paper charted. Hope that doesn't make issues with writing illegibility etc.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I have a fairly recent audiogram. In the hearing conservation program because of where I work so we do them annually. My hearing is fine (I actually wore ear pro unlike most now deaf Marines I work with) and no combat but yeah lots of explosions, tons of flying, 7 ton rides (loud as gently caress), shooting etc. I legit have ringing in my left ear. It's not terrible but it's there. I'll just put it on my final physical.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The senior chief overseeing my board kept asking these off the wall questions at the end of every section loosely related to the topic at hand and would get frustrated if you didn't know. Like his own personal trivia. "Well this isn't in the book or required material for you to know buttttt"

The gently caress?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah still has to go to the highest approver anyways eh?

Always get pissed when poo poo gets shot down by co-workers before they even try to route it and they just don't even bother to sea lawyer it. I understand burning bridges but gently caress

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Haha yeah people love adding themselves to the list of approvers. gently caress outta here

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

where's my award for avoiding every Navy ball through my whole enlistment

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I do love gawking at all the fat wives. Thankfully usually the tickets are free or at least pretty cheap thanks to bake sales and car washes. But you still need those dumb mini medals (not sure what the official requirement is but here it was mini medals) which can be expensive plus buying a dress for your wife/misses who is increasingly getting fat

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hah, mini medals aside don't forget about the mini warfare devices! :downs:

This one chow hall MAA or whatever the gently caress they called him I forgot on ship cracked me up because he had his little mini warfare devices on his chow hall MAA polo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The best part is I assume it's like an IA deployment where they only send their shittiest people to do said job so they can get rid of them for a bit

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well was he like being ironic or? Because I feel like that's something I'd do as a joke

Is there some kind of tag my SA username gets for being a Navy dude that never cranked?

Gotta give credit to those that draw funny things on their paper hat though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

But I mean "fired" in the Military just means you're relieved of your duties at said place/command only for it to be reinstated elsewhere or forced into retirement? lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

When we went to PI a sailor got drunk, punched out a window, shoved a cop, wrestled a bunch of other sailors, and ran away from the police after already being detained. He got NJP'd (obviously) and sent back from deployment to get separated

The JAG had to walk off ship with a bag of $10k or some poo poo at least twice if not more

But yeah can't top the dude who found his sister working at a whore house and went outside and punched out a window in a fit of rage. No less than at least 3 different windows were punched out that port stop

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

On terminal finally :feelsgood:

Pop smoke bitches I'm out!

Wait gently caress I'm bored what do I do

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 21, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Damnit where's that story of the Nuke that worked 45 days straight or some bullshit and ended up shooting himself in the head on watch on Christmas eve? Was that yours ket?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey man only English allowed in the workplace!!!!!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Unless I get a point or two towards my advancement idgaf

As someone who has never been NJP'd the whole no points for good cookie is kind of lame but whatever

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wait hold on there's career counselors that actually hold the rating?! Where do these exist?

I love how Dusty is our resident Navy admin dude that solves poo poo in one post that we spend months arguing with our chain of command back and forth about and getting all kinds of wrong answers from everyone.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Impossible pretty much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

call the fraud, waste, and abuse hotline, or call the IG's office.

Honestly curious about people's experience about this or at least what they saw happen. Anyone got any stories?

• Locked thread