Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ManMythLegend posted:

This was lost in the last thread, but yeah I'm familiar with it.

Ok, so the way I understand it, for an IAMD WTI they select post-FCO billet (2nd tour rolling to shore). Does that require that those individuals sign for Dept Head?

I ask because it seems like a backwards way to do it. For IAMD it seems that they should instead select individuals who have signed already and are slated for a WEPS/CSO billet since that'd guarantee at least 1 and probably 2 IAMD WTI and in the correct billets. The way it's setup now you could have a WEPS or CSO or possibly both who are not IAMD WTI but the OPS is. That makes no sense. :confused:

Boon fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
We should put this in the first post of every thread:

quote:

Never tell your CoC you're getting out.

My bossman and the rest of the command believe I'm waiting to make a decision. In reality, I've submitted all my applications for grad school and have spoken with my detailer about extending my current orders by 2-3 months to better align with personal priorities upon getting out.

Develop a Plan A, a Plan B, and then keep that poo poo to yourself.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Goonspeed good Dustynuts

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
You also get Ambien thrown at you as a matter of medical opinion in certain circumstances. So.... take the challenge man.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
My CO was interested in physics questions. Lots and lots of physics. I also apparently earned my pin about a third of the way through the board when I supposedly gave the best answer for how AEGIS works and integrates into the fleet that our CO had ever heard.

In other news, just found out that my old XO, a guy I had proclaimed that I would eventually see on the Navy Times, is in fact, going to probably headline the next edition. gently caress that guy.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

That's the guy.

PneumonicBook posted:

What was your answer if you remember it? As an Aegis FC who gave plenty of SWO combat walkthroughs I'm curious.

It was basically a regurgitation of the Caps/Lims that started with SIGPRO and ended with the different types of SM-2, their capabilities, what threats different builds were best used for, and how we'd engage a particular threat given a known limitation in VLS at the time.

Boon fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 10, 2014

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Attention on deck is not supposed to be called on the watchfloor due to operational things going on...

• Locked thread