Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Schlabbalabba posted:

I am on sea duty. I deploy in December and my EAOS is in April...

They're like "You can't just decide to get out in the middle of deployment"

And I was like "LOL"

If you put in a leave chit for something your direct chain may want to deny, keep strong tabs on it if you don't walk it up yourself. The old man may have designated someone else like the XO or your department head approval authority but he is absolutely the only one who can deny your leave. Put in for it as early as you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The gap isn't between you signing out and signing back in. It happens at the end of the day. So while you may have signed out, you're still technically not out until midnight and can be hosed in the interim. While you might ultimately get away with it, be prepared to be on legal hold for an indefinitely period of time while they figure out what to do with you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MancXVI posted:

Possible solution: reenlist on a Saturday at a bar off base

e: if you pound shots between discharge and signing, does your inebriation legally invalidate your new contract?

Nah that wouldn't ever actually hold up. Basically these are all just fanciful dreams. 99.99% of the time loving around with a re-enlistment is just going to cause you a great deal of grief and pain.

The best solution is to just GTFO. Don't be a dick and waste people's time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SpaceJustice posted:

That's really funny, I always thought that that was an urban legend. You would think that they'd have worked out the loopholes in re-enlistments by now.

It likely was at the end of his active contract. I doubt they would let it fly anytime before that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You are the first person I've ever heard in my loving life be upset that they get to loving fly.

Shucks guys, I just won the megamillions. I mean, powerball was my first choice. Now I gotta figure out how to collect this stuff. :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Buddy of mine is an EOD officer. He's taking command of a unit soon. He loving loves it, so if you're a similar type person to him I can see how that would suck.

But instead of possibly blowing yourself up on some IED in a hellhole you now get to watch the earth from the skies and get 8 hours off a night.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My SWO board went pretty well. By the time we got around to the last two people asking questions they were asking me poo poo about Top Gun. I've never seen it. They shamed me for it but pinned me regardless.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pandasmores posted:

The unmotivated me wonders why I was trying to find the sneakiest backdoor routes to get into an AW board or something, just to experience it since my motard rear end was into doing everything possible to be the best. I didn't care about the BJOQ board, or anything else this hospital viewed as 'important' to showing you wanted to do more in the Navy than just show up to work. I loving hate these people. Corpsman Chiefs are the worst. 3 months and my BAH chit still hasn't gone anywhere.

Look up your command instruction regarding special request chits. I'm certain it will list a specifically required response time. Typically it's 3 business days. Bring that to your LPO's then chief's attention. If they still don't do anything, go to your DIVO, department head, XO, and CO in that order until it gets squared away.

poo poo getting lost in the goat locker was one of my biggest loving pet peeves. Even if they're going to recommend deny, holding onto it is a lovely loving stall tactic and is unacceptable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah it has to go to at least the level that the skipper has delegated approval to. For disapproval, though, it has to go higher potentially to the old man himself.

I lucked out that I never had to bitch at any of the chiefs that worked for me, but I did constantly butt heads with on DLPCO that tried to make it seem like he needed to see everyone's chits before they went up. gently caress that poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

poopkitty posted:

The worst CMC on the planet added herself to all chits below the Dept. Head. And the XO/CO allowed it. I mean ALL. Like my DIVO's chit had to go through her. I hope to see her on Navy Times but never ever will.

I would have loving laughed in their god drat faces if any of them tried to make me route my chits through them. Then again, I haven't known any with the gall to actually try that poo poo. I got along alright with all the CMCs I worked with, though.

EDIT: We did have one that was an RPCM before a CMC so he was a busybody with admin stuff all the time. He was involved with a lot of just routing stuff but never anything officer related.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've got a pic somewhere of me shooting that dual 50. Those things loving own.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pandasmores posted:

What's the process in reporting something that's been going on and people are just sweeping it under the rug/some people higher up that know about it are avoiding bringing it up because this place is a political cesspool?

Depending on what it is, use your CO's open door policy, call the fraud, waste, and abuse hotline, or call the IG's office.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

Evan Williams.

Then this when all of those go nowhere.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Christoff posted:

Honestly curious about people's experience about this or at least what they saw happen. Anyone got any stories?

I called them because a senior chief was loving recruits at boot camp. Sadly the recruits he was loving didn't roll on him and he just stopped being an RDC for a bit before he was transferred.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LingcodKilla posted:

Were you a boot at the time?

No. I was already an officer when this happened. It was a family member that was there at the time.

ActusRhesus posted:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Check my followup post. I know that it's likely to go nowhere hence why I just said skip to booze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just a law student. Former SWO.

• Locked thread