Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got the VA to send me 90 day bottles instead of 30 day, and I see the doc every 3 months now, so she orders my refills and has them mailed.

Gun guys, thinking about a space gun.

Steyr L9-A1

Not immediately, but I'll probably be looking to buy a pistol that isn't a 45 year old example of reich-era design. On a long shot, anyone here ever handle one of them? If so, did you say 'pew pew' when you aimed downsight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i like sigs so ill tell you to get a sig

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I got the VA to send me 90 day bottles instead of 30 day, and I see the doc every 3 months now, so she orders my refills and has them mailed.

Steyr L9-A1

Not immediately, but I'll probably be looking to buy a pistol that isn't a 45 year old example of reich-era design. On a long shot, anyone here ever handle one of them? If so, did you say 'pew pew' when you aimed downsight?

Space guns, best guns.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i like sigs so ill tell you to get a sig

Sigs are nice. The P250 distracted me for a second.

I don't really care about glock, springfields seem fine enough, the CZ P-09 is pretty sexy too. Saw a baby eagle at the gun shop, seemed okay, but didn't scream 'space gun' enough.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
http://store.classicarmsofmemphis.com/product.sig-sauer-p250-full-size-dao-9mm-47-171-cs-poly-grip-nitron-blk-29

okay, what did sig do wrong to the 250 that it's so much cheaper than most every other sig. $400~ NIB sigs just doesn't seem right.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I don't really care about glock, springfields seem fine enough, the CZ P-09 is pretty sexy too. Saw a baby eagle at the gun shop, seemed okay, but didn't scream 'space gun' enough.
Cz is awesome, p250 is blog though, get yourself an old west German sig

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My brother is a CZ guy. So much so that he replaced a 75 he had confiscated off of him (for being a loving retard) with a stainless 75. He has at least one other CZ now.

I like the Steyr's lock mechanism though, locking the trigger and preventing disassembly. That trigger looks all sorts of ridiculous too. Can't find a local place that has one on hand or I'd go and have my own 'pew pew' moment before deciding to throw it on layaway.

kinda figured sig was trying to bust into a lower pricepoint but there's probably sacrifices to it. I'd love an old P220 but would rather not shell out that kind of cash. Someday though.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

My brother is a CZ guy. So much so that he replaced a 75 he had confiscated off of him (for being a loving retard) with a stainless 75. He has at least one other CZ now.

I like the Steyr's lock mechanism though, locking the trigger and preventing disassembly. That trigger looks all sorts of ridiculous too. Can't find a local place that has one on hand or I'd go and have my own 'pew pew' moment before deciding to throw it on layaway.

kinda figured sig was trying to bust into a lower pricepoint but there's probably sacrifices to it. I'd love an old P220 but would rather not shell out that kind of cash. Someday though.

If you keep an eye out you can get them for under 500.

A couple of years ago I bought a p226 on auction arms for 350.

Edit. http://summitgunbroker.com/229-dak--.html

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
gently caress guns

german titblondes on spinny wheel

look up its skirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewrAOs9cD3Y#t=164

edit

Zeris fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 3, 2014

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:eyepop:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

still the best tweet ever

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Steyr L9-A1

I like the look of your crazy space gun.

That bore axis looks crazy high to me, but I've never shot one so it might be just fine.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

the p250 is their weird attempt at making a modular thing and when it first came out it wasnt that good

get a used west german sig they are sick as gently caress

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Going to Michigan this weekend to tailgate pigskinball game

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

elite_garbage_man posted:

Don't Michigan sucks.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I'm driving so it'll be 2x worse

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

I'm driving so it'll be 2x worse

Better pack two straps case you gotta pop a bitch twice

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Which game are you going to?

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

this is p spacegun imo

plus it's p much gun equivalent of iphone6 atm

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Glock all day errday

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Glocks just seem so drat boring to me. I get that blocky is their thing, I just don't much care for them. I find them as appealing as Kahr pistols.

Girlfriend and I are probably going to go tooling around at some point looking at guns this weekend. I'll have a better idea of what I'm looking at when we find a shop with a Steyr that isn't an AUG.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

You know what isn't boring though? Ease of maintenance. I can fix/replace just about anything on a Glock with just a brief walkthrough by some yokel on youtube.

Accurate hits and reliability aren't boring either. It's a gun, not a fashion statement. :getin:

Also what do you have against AUGs :colbert:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You all chose the wrong gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM-DGaNmtA0

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The Rat posted:

Also what do you have against AUGs :colbert:

Do you usually keep your Austrian assault rifles in chicken coops?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So guns are essentially Barbie dolls for adult men?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I haven't strapped M80's to my sister's assault rifle

yet

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

so they weld 2 1911s together, make it bulky as hell and call it 'performance'

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's a collectible diorama dad, not 'Fritz's Stalingrad Vacation House'.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

You got a problem with pink guns? :colbert:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

You got a problem with pink guns? :colbert:

He shouldn't, the infantry is just about the gayest thing out there.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Blew my mind when I heard a couple people say they didn't like guns....then why the gently caress did you join the army, especially combat arms :psyduck:

To be fair one guy was a chode officer and bigger Jew than shim, and would argue til his face was blue about why guns should be illegal.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I don't like guns because I had to clean them all the time as a kid, then as a Boot, then in the squadron where all I did a lot of days was cleaning M9s and M2s. Fun to shoot, awful to own/care for. Which I'm guessing sums up my feelings about vaginas as well

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I never clean my guns anymore. I squirt some lube on them every so often, but that's about it.

More often when shooting suppressed, cause it gets dirty faster, so you need more lube. Kinda like anal.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bolow posted:

I haven't strapped M80's to my sister's assault rifle

yet
No, but you can launch them if you want. :getin:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/04/07/soda-launcher/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=683329308375047&set=vb.158538224187494&type=2&theater

Similar launcher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NiK1RSl3eM

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Speaking of, I really enjoy morbidly obese veterans complaining to me about how they can't open carry in Chipotles or how they can't bring firearms into federal facilities. Because obviously a rogue gunman is going to kill you in a fast casual Mexican food establishment in Loudon County, VA, and not the impending heart disease or the type II diabetes that comes from weighing 350 pounds.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have no strong feelings about guns, except for when I'm talking with goons about them.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
guns are loving rad that is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

guns are loving rad that is all

and butts

• Locked thread