Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Using the system against itself is the best revenge.

The rules the CO laid down after that whole fiasco were basically you could not be at work prior to 0700. Like literally if you're at the door walking in a 0659 your OIC could get in deep loving poo poo. This applied to PT as well so no 0500 bullshit. PT was done on shop time and not your time. You also had to be out of work by I want to say 1700.

If you wanted an exception it had to be personally approved by the CO himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It might be worth pointing out that there is no specific training for OICs or flight commanders (AF, at least). If you know the regs better than they do, you can avoid a lot of that bullshit. Believe it or not, the best officers usually know the rules...it's the ones that don't know poo poo that usually make life suck.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nah he was some prior enlisted fuckhead who was trying to get his Captain bars off our misery. Dude knew exactly what he was doing he just didn't give a poo poo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Bolow posted:

The rules the CO laid down after that whole fiasco were basically you could not be at work prior to 0700. Like literally if you're at the door walking in a 0659 your OIC could get in deep loving poo poo. This applied to PT as well so no 0500 bullshit. PT was done on shop time and not your time. You also had to be out of work by I want to say 1700.

Lucky. We tried that and got a stern talking to about the importance of our mission (fixing jets so frat guys could go play laser tag) and he signed a bunch of waivers.

PT at 0345 was fun, but not as much fun as working 0500-1700 right after that.

gently caress the 18th AMXS.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The awesomeness of prior-Es is grossly overstated IMO. The good ones are awesome, but 2/3s of them are assholes.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

what the gently caress over

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Lucky. We tried that and got a stern talking to about the importance of our mission (fixing jets so frat guys could go play laser tag) and he signed a bunch of waivers.

PT at 0345 was fun, but not as much fun as working 0500-1700 right after that.

gently caress the 18th AMXS.

Probably helps that we were I-Level which I guess is Engine Shop for you airforce fuckers?

We'd still get hosed raw every time the blue angels came in to town though

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Bolow posted:

:captainpop: :holymoley:
:vince:

If loving only.

I would have stayed in if I had hours like that.

Maybe.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ded posted:

:captainpop: :holymoley:
:vince:

If loving only.

I would have stayed in if I had hours like that.

Maybe.

It only lasted a little over a year before it went to poo poo again but it was a good loving year

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

The fact you people had a set time for lunch and you actually got it is totally adorable :allears:

I can count on one hand the number of times I had an actual sit down take your time eating meal while I was enlisted.

... Jesus the Air Force treat my career field like poo poo.

On behalf of my career field just wanted to say that you're welcome

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

going to the armory at 0300 then standing around for 5 hours was the best part of my young adult years

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
One little piggy was crying because by the time PT was over he didn't have time to walk to the chow hall AND make it on time to wherever we were standing in line that day.

So our CO bumped PT up a few hours. I was such a moto-boner sadistic gently caress that I actually thought it was funny.

Still do. gently caress you if you think you're people.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Using the system against itself is the best revenge.

Also Jesus Christ. For me PT was at 0630, work at 9 most days. No wonder you all hated the military so much.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 28, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
PT was always 0630 and work call was 0900 up until about 6 months before I got out when it bumped to 0930 because who the gently caress knows (I think they intended for us to literally do PT for a solid 90 minutes, and we always bolted around an hour).

Lunch was 1130-1300ish depending on how awake/motivated my NCOIC was that day.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My entire time in the Navy I only did group mando pt maybe 3 times, this includes one time while at submarine/a-school.

There just wasn't loving time for it on a sub.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ft Bragg was the gayest loving poo poo on the planet, but at least our hours were 630-745 PT, Work at 900, lunch from 1130-1300, off at 1700.

Post lunch nap in the car was the best. Being on 2 hour recall for over a year sure as gently caress wasn't.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Group PT is where I got the hernia that led to my cerebral ballsy.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Work put up a new network with all sorts of bullshit ACLs.

No more forums at work.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vriess posted:

Work put up a new network with all sorts of bullshit ACLs.

No more forums at work.

you have a smartphone?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

the dad farm posted:

going to the armory at 0300 then standing around for 5 hours was the best part of my young adult years

This beautiful loving line

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

still the best terminal lance

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Bolow posted:

Probably helps that we were I-Level which I guess is Engine Shop for you airforce fuckers?

We'd still get hosed raw every time the blue angels came in to town though

aha what did the blue angels do that hosed everyone over?

I live in Pensacola and it just means sometimes I can't go to the beach because there's an airshow and all the rednecks come out of the woodwork to oo and ahh. Due to budget cuts last year they cancelled the season and all these bumper stickers popped up saying "GROUND AIR FORCE ONE NOT ARE BLUE ANGELS". You can always tell someone is going to be a stupid rear end in a top hat by that (or any really) sticker on their car.

Seeing them practice from my house is cool sometimes, except if I'm working nights and sleeping then its all WOOSH gently caress I'm awake.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

you have a smartphone?

We work in a scif so no phone. ACLs that do rad things like block work email but not youtube.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Been asked to participate in a Veteran's Day legal panel helping civilian judges and lawyers understand the military to better assist veteran clients/litigants/defendants. So far my talking points include:

1. We don't all have PTSD. And those who do are not all mass shooters just waiting to snap.
2. Someone who is a broken shitbag in court was probably a broken shitbag in the military too, so please stop contributing to the "I'm broken because of my service because veterans are broken, please pity me" meme.
3. Please don't try to paint your client as a hero by mentioning their extensive military honors, to include the National Defense Service Medal...it makes you look dumb.

And because I've been tapped as the "token chick" to address women's issues in the military:

4. Sure, there are sexists in the military...because there are sexists in society. Before beating the drum of the awful, misogynistic DoD, ask yourself how many pregnant women your firm has "suggested" not to return after her maternity leave. Some people are assholes. Some are not.

Anything else I should add?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I earned this ribbon and plan to put it solely on an "I served in the U.S Army" Hat and you can't take that pride away from me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stuck in Africa this Halloween? Don't worry, Jody has your girlfriend covered:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

aha what did the blue angels do that hosed everyone over?

I live in Pensacola and it just means sometimes I can't go to the beach because there's an airshow and all the rednecks come out of the woodwork to oo and ahh. Due to budget cuts last year they cancelled the season and all these bumper stickers popped up saying "GROUND AIR FORCE ONE NOT ARE BLUE ANGELS". You can always tell someone is going to be a stupid rear end in a top hat by that (or any really) sticker on their car.

Seeing them practice from my house is cool sometimes, except if I'm working nights and sleeping then its all WOOSH gently caress I'm awake.

Basically whenever the Blue Angels come in to town they want brand new loving everything and because they're the Blue Angels we just can't tell them to gently caress off like they're squadron. So your workload almost quadruples and if you're in the Test Cell you pretty much don't get any sleep for the week they're there. They make every I-level maintainer on the base they're currently at, lives a living hell for literally no goddamn reason.

Like no poo poo they'd bring in engines that have less than 100 hours on them and are like "Hey give us a new one thanks". And we can't just reissue that poo poo so we have to tear down a perfectly good engine and rebuild it.

Seriously gently caress the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds forever

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

ActusRhesus posted:

Been asked to participate in a Veteran's Day legal panel helping civilian judges and lawyers understand the military to better assist veteran clients/litigants/defendants. So far my talking points include:

Are you in syracuse?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Zeris posted:

Are you in syracuse?

no. are they doing one of these up there too?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Bolow posted:

Basically whenever the Blue Angels come in to town they want brand new loving everything and because they're the Blue Angels we just can't tell them to gently caress off like they're squadron. So your workload almost quadruples and if you're in the Test Cell you pretty much don't get any sleep for the week they're there. They make every I-level maintainer on the base they're currently at, lives a living hell for literally no goddamn reason.

Like no poo poo they'd bring in engines that have less than 100 hours on them and are like "Hey give us a new one thanks". And we can't just reissue that poo poo so we have to tear down a perfectly good engine and rebuild it.

Seriously gently caress the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds forever

Ahaha hang all nobles. And their peasants, too because I imagine they carry a bunch of those dudes with them. There's a house slave and field slave analogy in here somewhere but I am very sleep deprived right now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Ahaha hang all nobles. And their peasants, too because I imagine they carry a bunch of those dudes with them. There's a house slave and field slave analogy in here somewhere but I am very sleep deprived right now.

"Black slaver's even lower than the head house friend of the family, and that's pretty loving low."
-said to a Blue Angels crew chief

Django's on Netflix now if you mooks want to watch it again.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

ActusRhesus posted:

no. are they doing one of these up there too?

Syracuse University hams up their "connection" to veterans an awful lot these days; some good comes out of it (free legal clinics, etc.) but mostly it's a lot of old dudes who did 3 years in the air force to avoid Vietnam, now wearing expensive suits and driving porsches and handing out yellow ribbons and making speeches about the great poo poo we're doing to make it #1 best super awesome veteran friendly most-campus forever. There's a lot of money in that "industry" and it really picked up here for whatever reason. Vets day is obviously the climax of said circlejerk.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Zeris posted:

Syracuse University hams up their "connection" to veterans an awful lot these days; some good comes out of it (free legal clinics, etc.) but mostly it's a lot of old dudes who did 3 years in the air force to avoid Vietnam, now wearing expensive suits and driving porsches and handing out yellow ribbons and making speeches about the great poo poo we're doing to make it #1 best super awesome veteran friendly most-campus forever. There's a lot of money in that "industry" and it really picked up here for whatever reason. Vets day is obviously the climax of said circlejerk.

Ah. Our state seems to be fairly legitimately pro veteran...free in state tuition, tax perks, absentee ballot protections etc. etc. But yeah...the circle jerk. I warned them I am probably the last person they want speaking there...but..."token chick."

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

ActusRhesus posted:

Ah. Our state seems to be fairly legitimately pro veteran...free in state tuition, tax perks, absentee ballot protections etc. etc. But yeah...the circle jerk. I warned them I am probably the last person they want speaking there...but..."token chick."

Yeah, the token female veteran role is a crutch I've seen many people rely on lately. I'm in a veteran writing group and for whatever reason 3 reporters, separate from each other, all wanted to chase down and interview a token female vet (in their eyes) for their story; on their deadline, their terms, etc. Nobody seems to really give a poo poo about the realities of being a veteran and any associated difficulties, it's whatever combination of too complicated / depressing / confusing / real which drives people away and back towards sound bites and platitudes and AOL and fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:DEMOCRATS GIVING VETERAN BENEFITS TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

For your panel, consider looking up the community resources and advising the legal-types to get familiar with them and integrate them into their subjects' "recovery". There are vet centers, non profits, Team RWB chapters, etc. that will serve nicely as a "community" for whoever needs to demonstrate their efforts to reintegrate and stop testing the legal system.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fart Sandwiches posted:

You don't even begin to understand how annoying their peasants are.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

You don't even begin to understand how annoying their peasants are.

Picturing the king of all AZs in a flight suit, muttering moto catchphrases to himself while clicking buttons in OOMA

e: what's that website for making moto shirts? imagining this but ten times worse

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 28, 2014

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
gently caress eating veal.

And, gently caress my ethics professor for assigning this reading that ruined veal.

(Best known to this crowd as the breaded oval, rather than the square [fish] or circle [chicken])

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DownByTheWooter posted:

gently caress eating veal.

And, gently caress my ethics professor for assigning this reading that ruined veal.

(Best known to this crowd as the breaded oval, rather than the square [fish] or circle [chicken])

I find that suffering adds a vital flavor component that really makes the dish come together. That's why I have a dried up well in my basement

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It puts the marinade on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Ehh it wasn't so much the suffering, but it sounds really gross, all sickly and drugged up and obese, wallowing in confinement in its own poo poo etc. wait I just also described myself in my lovely apartment full of weed and cheap beer

Anyway, cause of the grody conditions and weird methods, one in ten veal calves won't survive to slaughter age/size.

• Locked thread