Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I present a counter point.

Veal is loving delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bolow posted:

Veal is loving delicious

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I don't know that I've ever had it, honestly. I love lamb, though. Made a beautiful roast leg of lamb for Thanksgiving last year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bolow posted:

Veal is loving delicious

a-loving-men

those baby cows died to fill my belly with deliciousness

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

Veal is loving delicious

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm having veal stew tonight.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Vasudus posted:

I'm having veal stew tonight.

cold weather foods own. I recommend you have some root vegetables and starchy tubers in your stew, and maybe a glass of malty ale

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It was close to 80 today because gently caress you, that's why. I dislike the mid Atlantic weather thus far.

I'm having all those things with my stew though.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Vasudus posted:

I dislike the mid Atlantic weather thus far.

yeah, I grew up in Maryland, and the weather there is the worst in the country. Coastal and far enough south to be miserably hot and muggy in the summer, and then that same humidity makes spring and autumn gray rainy messes, and then in the winter it's just far north enough for sleet and the occasional mushy wet snow storm.

I've lived in San Diego off and on for 7 years, and I'm really not excited to go back to having actual weather

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I filed a disability claim with the VA in January and haven't even had my loving C&P yet. So I contact my Senator's office, thinking that might light a fire under it.

Shut up, stop laughing.

Anyway, I got a letter today saying that my claim is in the investigative process and the VA can't say how long it will take, we hope this satisfies you blah blah.

I wrote back saying that they didn't tell me anything I already didn't know and that maybe they should actually do more than ask the VA how long it takes for claims to process.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
get a vso rep

Get a vso rep.

Get a VSO rep.

Get a VSO REP.

GET A VSO REP!

VFW handled my poo poo, let them stir the pot for you, your congressperson/senator isn't gonna give a gently caress, especially during election season.

Congresspeoples/senators are great if you're still on active duty and having trouble with poo poo, they're pretty goddamn worthless all around otherwise.

Oh, and maybe call the C&P office down at your VA to see if they've scheduled you any appointments but haven't sent notices because they might be more than 45 days out or whatever. Or maybe they'll do you like they did me the first time and just not notify you until the date's passed.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Oh, and maybe call the C&P office down at your VA to see if they've scheduled you any appointments but haven't sent notices because they might be more than 45 days out or whatever. Or maybe they'll do you like they did me the first time and just not notify you until the date's passed.

Yeah, that sounds like something they'd do.

How do I find their number? In my experience, the VA doesn't like it when you can easily find the number you need.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's a department within your VA hospital, not clinic. Call your local VAMC where you're having poo poo handled and ask the operator to connect you to the C&P office.

Memphis started running C&P appointments during the week, so that might be why mine went so much quicker, most places (to my understanding) only have C&P appointments on weekends, but I think that changed when the poo poo hit the fan earlier this year and late last year.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

It's a department within your VA hospital, not clinic. Call your local VAMC where you're having poo poo handled and ask the operator to connect you to the C&P office.

Memphis started running C&P appointments during the week, so that might be why mine went so much quicker, most places (to my understanding) only have C&P appointments on weekends, but I think that changed when the poo poo hit the fan earlier this year and late last year.

I did my C&P exams earlier this year in San Diego and they were all during the week. I'm sure the San Diego VA could never only have those only on the weekends lmao the clinic that was doing them was slammed every time I went in there

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
yeah, larger cities, I'd expect they'd run them more than just one day a week or they'd have people dying before getting ratings. regular weekday appointments didn't start here until earlier this year. I still have my "you missed your appt" notice from the first time around, it was scheduled for a saturday. they can probably get away with it in small cities if the backlog isn't atrocious.

poop dollar
Jun 3, 2012
Also if you move after you file your initial paperwork get ready for a long rear end wait because even if they have your new address updated in the va's system they will not forward your appointment times and eight months later tell you your claim has been denied because you missed your appointments. Then you get to file again.

That's what happened to me anyway. But 15 months of back pay is pretty bad rear end so whatevs.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

i have zero faith in the VA now, i loving gave up.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

the dad farm posted:

i have zero faith in the VA now, i loving gave up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
your first mistake was having faith in the VA in the first place

now get loving VSO reps and get your poo poo fixed

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
dat final pay doe

I sold back about a month of leave (they would only let me take about a month anyway) :dance:

well boys time to buy a sack of name-brand dispensary dope, top off the ol' emergency fund, and still have enough to bankroll the most expensive plane tix for my vacation

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Still waiting on mine. I finally get BAH/BAS again for my time on terminal. Sweet.Think I sold 34 days.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Yeah, I'm actually pretty impressed that it literally hit my bank the day after I got out. Scuttlebutt said it takes like 2-3 weeks. Anyway, now that I see how much it is, I'm glad I went through all that drama surrounding putting on E-6 before getting out - got me a few hundred extra bucks today, plus probably <$60 a month more in my med retirement checks, and still managed to never attend a single CPO 365 lol :slick::chiefsay:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Holy loving lol, DFAS. Now finding out that they didn't pay out my unused leave and they're telling me I owe them. I've been out since March. Ho, boy, it's about to go down.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Keep copies of every document you submit. They kept losing my stuff & it took about 6 months to finally get my back BAH.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolow posted:

I find that suffering adds a vital flavor component that really makes the dish come together.

There's some truth to this. For example, foie gras is made by literally force-feeding corn to geese until their livers become a delicious, fluffy paste. Like seriously, by law in France, it's not foie gras if the geese aren't force-fed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The French have that down to a T. Take Ortolan, the dish where you put a cloth over your head to hide from God while you eat it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

There's some truth to this. For example, foie gras is made by literally force-feeding corn to geese until their livers become a delicious, fluffy paste. Like seriously, by law in France, it's not foie gras if the geese aren't force-fed.

For a second I almost felt bad but then I remembered geese are giant loving assholes and deserve death

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Bolow posted:

For a second I almost felt bad but then I remembered geese are giant loving assholes and deserve death

I made the mistake of antagonizing a goose as a kid. The fucker charged me, jumped up, and pushed his feet off my head.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

zombie303 posted:

I made the mistake of antagonizing a goose as a kid. The fucker charged me, jumped up, and pushed his feet off my head.

Did it poo poo on you too? All I remember about Newport is assholes and goose poo poo. And lobster. But mostly goose poo poo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zombie303 posted:

It's nice being big enough to just kick them now.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Birds have reptile brains. The only emotions they know are hatred and hilarious seething hatred. In some ways, they're the Shim of the animal kingdom

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ActusRhesus posted:

Did it poo poo on you too? All I remember about Newport is assholes and goose poo poo. And lobster. But mostly goose poo poo.

Goose poo poo is really what binds all of us that dealt with OTCN together. NAPS, OCS, NSI, ODS, etc all share that bond.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Birds have reptile brains. The only emotions they know are hatred and hilarious seething hatred. In some ways, they're the Shim of the animal kingdom

Well Shim is jewish so it makes sense

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Fister Roboto posted:

Real talk, the suffering component of this is a myth. I watched some video Rick Steves made where he visited a foie gras farm in France and those god drat geese mob that farmer to have the porridge tube shoved in their throats, they love every loving second of it. That shabbily dressed frenchman set that bucket down and you'd've thought he was handing out 20 euro notes in a gypsy camp the way those geese came running

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Been hella depressed lately. No sleep, nightmares when I do sleep, whole nine yards. Finally got my prescriptions changed, with a little oxycontin for my back.

This loving scandanavian medication resistance can suck my dick from the back. I'm getting absolutely zero effect from any of the pain or sleep meds now. I've taken enough poo poo to kill a horse, and I'm stuck awake just doing math homework to kill time.

I got into that college yoga class next quarter, I'm coming home worn out one way or another, heh.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The VA finished my claim yesterday.

I may or may not have uh...several...years worth of 70 to 90% rated backpay coming :stare:

I won't know until the letter arrives though, because ebenefits is huge piece of loving poo poo.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

I may or may not have uh...several...years worth of 70 to 90% rated backpay coming :stare:

I won't know until the letter arrives though, because ebenefits is huge piece of loving poo poo.

I had a buddy get 30 grand in back pay from the va, he spent it wisely on guns and head tattoos.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Vasudus posted:

I got about 2 years of backpay at 70%.

Just bought a house.

Enjoy!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Some of my claims go back to 1 Jan 08, which is the cutoff time for CRSC pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

quote:

The lazy warrior, destitute of every art that might employ his leisure hours, consumed his days and nights in the animal gratifications of sleep and food. And yet, by a wonderful diversity of nature [they] are by turns the most indolent and the most restless of mankind. They delight in sloth, they detest tranquility...in the dull intervals of peace, these barbarians were immoderately addicted to deep gaming and excessive drinking; both of which, by different means, the one by inflaming their passions, the other by extinguishing their reason, alike relieved them from the pain of thinking.

• Locked thread