Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Rawrl posted:

It really, really isn't. Unless, that is, you like wading through ads asking triple market value for some clapped out piece of poo poo with a rattle can paint job and lovely eBay wheels. Oh, and rust.

gently caress the Chicago used car market.
Fixed that for you. I'm not sure if there are too many places left where used cars aren't priced from "ridiculous" to "downright insane." They say with the boom in new car sales things are improving, but I haven't seen it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
I feel like the OP is possibly trolling us.

Of course, that's just based on the mixture of apathy, naïveté with a dash of ignorance I've seen so far. OP, if you want a car like what you're describing, you have two choices.

One, you spend a lot of cash. You will either spend it right away on the best example you can find or dumping money into a "bargain." Two, you do some more research on what car best fits your needs and taste, then learn it's quirks by researching some more. The other half of option two entails using your new-found research and knowledge to wrench on the car yourself and (hopefully) save a healthy pile of cash.

Although I am giving you some grief, it's because I get the impression that you don't care that much and are unaware of how buying a car with rose-colored glasses typically ends up. Pro tip: it doesn't go well even 50% of the time (I myself have probably gotten two or three genuinely decent cars amongst dozens of stinkers, even with due diligence). There will always be something else wrong that you never would've expected. However, you are doing the right thing by picking the brains of those who have been there before.

Good luck on your search.

Francis Baconator fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 5, 2014

• Locked thread