Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo, does it seriously track how many G's you're pulling? You need that.

To be clear, it's actually a G-force gauge for acceleration, not cornering... so it's even more insanely gimmicky on that thing.

I had a Z31 Turbo GLL with the digital package and while it was an OK good looking car at the time, it was heavy and not exactly reliable. Those digital dashes have a power supply under the dash which likes to frequently die and leave you with zero gauges. The computer/ignition system had issues too. Looks like the climate control is borked on that one too, probably due to him wiring in his awesome stereo.

I will guarantee that thing has rust issues inside the back deck under the carpet near the spare tire holder. No way something from Illinois wont.

That thing being a 2+2 NA would be awful, the only thing worse would be a slushbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Louvers? Aftermarket but I have no idea how hard they are to get now. Can't imagine the market is all that big other than the mullet and rat-tail set.

Huge in the 80s and even early 90s a bit. After that? Not so much.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If you are trying to go for an all around 80s theme sure. Hell, I had louvers on my Z31 but now, almost 20 years later, I'd be lying if I said I thought it looked better with than without.

Whatever floats your boat.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Edmund Honda posted:

This thread is rapidly moving into 'recommend me a car' and will only end in tears

Yep, suggest the OP goes to that thread in A/T as the AI rule thread mentions.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3213538

• Locked thread